• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, nice progress! The unification is inching closer. With those inheritances - and the cores that follow - you are a lot more powerful now.

Also, seems that the mainland is developing into such a direction that expansion there might not be out of the question...

On to Korea! :D

Impressive inheritances! Will there be a war with Korea or perhaps even Ming sometime soon?

@ Malurous - Yes, before I had very little cash to play with, much improved now :D . Its a pity about the mainland, a challenge there would be nice, I don't enjoy WCs unless its done by someone else and presented in an AAR :p

@ JDMS - Korea own more land in Japan than in Korea now... oh well I guess I owe them thanks for eating OPMs

@ Sawedoff - You will see a united Japan for sure. Beyond that... well WWM does run slower than normal EUIII, so hopefully it wont get slower still as the game goes on.

@ morningSIDEr - Yes Joseon is soon OPMed but I doubt I will ever fight Ming, they are in a bad way.

@ Morrell8 - Or godess... oh wait this is the net. nvm. Yes I was lucky to get them all on the first monarch death, but I always seem to get all at once whenever I have multiple ones.

Ok so I am playing a little ahead of what I have posted. Right now I am basically waiting for BB to come below the limit (yes Kosho was very nawty) so I can diplo annex the last vassals.
So where next?
- There are lots of tasty Pagan nations in the south pacific, but I need QftnW to access them.
- Go beyond the Pacific to the Americas and tussle with Europeans there?
- Indonesia has lots of heretic religions I could take the NI that gives me a CB against them.
- The mainland would require a CB (I could use fabricate claims but its still full infamy) vassalise them maybe?
- Become a trading power? (Yukihito turns in his grave)
- Work towards westernisation? or stay Chinese tech?

I should have an update or two in the next 12 hours. I welcome your thoughts on strategy, or simply what you would like to see.

Well I suppose it rather depends on whether or not you plan on continuing down this path of war. I've never played the WWM mod, but presumably Japan will still have Shinto as her religion. Thus Unam Sanctum will give you a cassus beli against basically every other nation in the world, therefore making it an attractive option if war is your goal.

On the otherhand if you are wishing to westernise, colonisation in America or perhaps Africa (via somewhere such as the Maldives) will allow you to make contact with a European power all the quicker, and high infamy is risky when bordering a European colonial power.

Regardless of what you decide, I look forward to the next update. However I'd be quite disappointed to see Japan turned into a trading nation now!

Last edited:
Oh rest assured I couldn't possibly not fight at all!

The unam sanctam CB (thanks for reminding me the name) only gives a CB against heretics, not heathens. In WWM Japan is Mahayana (Buddhism) - the only country along with three OPMs - in the same group as Hindu and Theravada (Buddhism). This would give me a CB against the Philippines and most of Indochina, but not China proper, and most of India is now owned by Muslims (and I need QftnW to explore it anyway)

1429 - Mess and Mopping up

69.jpg

Kosho starts by picking on Taiwan... not at all a difficult target, but best to get them before someone else does...

As much as they want to be a part of the Japanese Empire, they feel that their own rulers were slightly less competent and wish to return to the freedoms they therefore enjoyed

70.jpg

Ezochi is discovered... an uninteresting, uninhabited island... we send some criminals out thee to get them out of our hair.

71.jpg

Chu have put a hole in the middle of Ming, making travel time for putting down revolts extra long, everyone munches away... (they have 1 unoccupied province, rebel occupation doesn't show up so well)

72.jpg

So far the neglect of Hyuga has done wonders for the economy, however Prince Ogi decides to implement a tax on movement... the wisdom of this policy is questioned but doubts soon fade as the money comes in

73.jpg

Japanese forgers provide an excuse to move into new lands. Reports come in that the peasants in these countries are crossing the borders into Awa held lands... we are unsure why until Kosho arrives in theirs...

74.jpg

The miserable state of the Koreans... and note our own small army; no point wasting money on something we don't really need right now. Besides... the country is low on sake and we all know what happens to sake-deprived soldiers

75.jpg

Well... when you are ruled by someone who cant even write his own name, speak coherently, and violates your home whilst failing to do those things... what do you expect people to do? We give them more freedoms in an attempt to keep them at home.

76.jpg

After a naval encounter in which the Izumo Admiral got a nasty red stain on his shirt (from wine not blood) Izumo call it a day and pack their bags (they declared in support of Musashi)

77.jpg

Musashi follow them. Kosho is now officially styled "His Disgrace, scum of the earth".

78.jpg

We discover a large lemming population living in Japan... oh well 25% off, not too shabby.

79.jpg

Um spreading lies? where Kosho is concerned are we sure they are lies? Meanwhile Kosho does what he does best... cracking nuts.

80.jpg

Kosho makes a succession of jokes about Dodos, Tanukis and the Jin Emperor's wife. Sadly they are not very good and the repercussions are felt

81.jpg

Faith in our government is somewhat restored by the hiring of this enlightened man, not only does he help in the eventual conversion of Taiwan, he restores some stability to our realm (he haz skilz)

82.jpg

Ogi asks for some statistics to be compiled (mainly so he can stick it on his wall, giving the impression he actually does work). Awa has the highest Infamy and the highest income in the known world... yummy

83.jpg

The mainland is still strewn with corpses... all that is left in Japan is Dewa - their ruler doesn't like to leave his room let alone his country so they wisely failed to join in the lemming-fest. The Awa court sends him a pleasant thank-you gift. He is now convinced he has a stalker.

84.jpg

Things look like they may come to an abrupt end for Manchu too...

85.jpg

The criminals we sent to Ezochi have started up a red light district...

86.jpg

Of course we say "relative" what we mean is "Kosho"... so naturally no one is executed.

87.jpg

Damn... one has to wonder exactly what they are taxing to make them that pissed

88.jpg

The Awa court sends him a pleasant thank-you gift. He is now convinced he has a stalker.

My favorite part. :D
Anyway, so Japan is basically unified? Congratz then! I think it would be interesting to see you colonizing America or Africa. Africa would probably give you more oppurtunities to gain provinces faster, since there are more nation. But of course, it's you're game, and we go along with whatever you decide. :)

Most definitely the Ryukyu Islands should belong to Japan.

Also, if you aim to colonize, colonizing the Eastern seaboard of Russia may give you an unthreatened for some time revenue source. Just a thought. I enjoyed doing such with my Japan game.

Great humor - the in-character stuff about sending criminals to empty provinces is hilariously realistic :D

Time of Troubles? :eek: Ouch! You've got a serious problem there... :(

Of course we say "relative" what we mean is "Kosho"... so naturally no one is executed.

Yes, this family definetly seems part-Scottish. Very good update!

Very cool! Perhaps you need to create the early version of the Co-Prosperity Sphere where you bring civilization, order and culture to the poor inhabitants of South-East Asia. And South Asia. And Hawaii. And then the "New World"!

Or, if Oogi succeeds, since he has a thing for merchants, maybe it's follow the cash to the west as you head round India to Alexandria. In pursuit of the most desirable merchant daughters. :D

@ JDMS - at the moment I am simply held back by technology; I need trade tech 7 to get anywhere. In WWM it seems I require an eastern tech neighbour to move up to Muslim tech, so I simply have to wait it out.

@ Sawedoff - Ryukyu fans will be pleased to know that I don't intend to add them any time soon - they are Shinto, not Animist in WWM so they would cost me 8 BB. Shinto is also in a different religeous group so i cant marry/inherit them :(
I think I probably will establish a small colonial presence above Manchuria, but at the moment I can only see one coastal province.

@ Malurous - That's Ming, not me :p I'm not sure its possible for a player to get that high... to screw something up that badly takes a computer.

@ blsteen - yes... they almost put Munster to shame

@ morningSIDEr - The world is doomed! :D

@ Marco Oliverio - and Tahiti... definitely Tahiti, they don't talk about Tahitian beauties for nothing, I'm sure...

@ Morrell8 - I think the Ming Emperors must have started taxing eating, drinking and fun...

Update shortly, sorry for the delay :)

@ Malurous - That's Ming, not me :p I'm not sure its possible for a player to get that high... to screw something up that badly takes a computer.

Hah, of course, my apologies for not paying attention :eek:o No wonder they're breaking apart like they seem to be.

Looks interesting, I'm guessing but presumably not having any mainland borders reduces the dangers of pushing Infamy that high?

*Subscribes*

PrawnStar - Yes, that and my larger navy should they decide otherwise :D

1443 - Hurry up and do nothing!

The propaganda receives the "Kosho seal of approval" and is quickly distributed.

89.jpg

The people of Taiwan fear divine retribution, and seek out enlightened individuals... the hermit is discovered!

90.jpg

We all know what happened here... a group of friends... drinking and having fun when... "hey this would be awesome... you know... we should bring down Kosho!" "yeah I'm in!" "me too!"... one of them takes it seriously

91.jpg

Ogi ogi ogi, oi oi oi! Oogimachi ascends the throne with wild celebration, his eleven year old son is the new heir. An intelligent youngster, he delights in small pranks... we all know how he will grow up

92.jpg

Ming have ceded even more territory and are occupied by rebels again... Muslims are expanding eastwards. In the corner you can see Japan with Awa and the three remaining domains.

93.jpg

erm... make that two... after some minor diplomatic manoeuvring Oogi is able to create an excuse to claim Dewa belongs to greater Japan. Their ruler fears his stalker has come for him when he hears heavy footsteps in his private wing, however they mysteriously stop before they reach his door. He breaths a sigh of relief. (his wife's room was before his)

94.jpg

The Dewa ruler isn't aware of any change... and his servants don't tell him, but make it look like they are running his domain for him, occasionally asking for him to sign something.

95.jpg

Indeed Oogi d... what? oh... Indded Oogi does think its er necessary to recruit some fishermen into a professional fleet: Japan will be a great naval power! The construction of a few ships begins.

96.jpg

What more do they need?

97.jpg

Some of the Inaba people feel close to us... how sweet. This should smooth proceedings when they are incorporated into Japan proper.

98.jpg

Another picture from Japan's satellite in outer reality... those two marooned provinces soon defect to Qin. Oogi considers diplomatic relations with one or more of the states, however relations are abysmal and Kosho's reputation is still an issue. To cap it all the innovative sushi chef is dead.

99.jpg

The hermit does it again! Maybe he learnt some people skills? maybe its a different hermit? I dunno... he looks the same... even smells the same.

100.jpg

Well... he calls himself an expert. Building sand castles on the beaches of Taiwan has made this man very knowledgeable about defence and fortification. We think it best to leave him at home.

101.jpg

Yes! Glory to us! Um... you built a giant statue of a Tanuki? and placed it at the entrance of Settsu harbour? It greatly represents everything this dynasty stands for!

102.jpg

It is astonishing that the two eighty year old advisers haven't been startled to death by Kokaku yet. Oogi uses the boy's coming of age as an excuse for another party... Kokaku is naturally embarrassed.

103.jpg

The land stol... confiscated from Musashi finally accepts our rule after 35 years, our treasury is suitably increased.

104.jpg

This man produces the equivalent of novelty sushi in words! A true genius, but it is just not the same. Thus the phrase is born "Novelty Sushi is worth a thousand words".

105.jpg

EDIT: Any requests for information on the 50 year overview?

Last edited: