• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(206719)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 12, 2010
  • East India Company
I just bought the game and am a bit concerned when it comes to the ship battles.

1. The ships move waaaay to slow compared to what the real life ones could do in similar wind conditions.

2. The ships cannons reload waaay to fast to be realistic.The reload rates were much slower.More like 2 broadsides every 5 minutes to be exact.

3. Accuracy seems to be a bit to high from firing at long ranges considering you are firing from a rolling and moving ship.

All of these make for getting into boarding range a near impossibility.Since as you are trying to close range the AI is pounding you to splinters before you even get close.This makes the Pirate campaign a real problem to play since you want to board the ship.

So I am trying to mod some of this to change the behavior to more realistic behavior starting with cannon reload speeds.

I am guessing this is the section I need to change to do this?

// Cannons load time (Level0 - Level5)
Level_0_CannonsLoadTime = 1.0
Level_1_CannonsLoadTime = 0.95
Level_2_CannonsLoadTime = 0.90
Level_3_CannonsLoadTime = 0.80
Level_4_CannonsLoadTime = 0.70
Level_5_CannonsLoadTime = 0.50

So what I need to know is the number setup so that the higher the number shown the slower the load time and the lower the number the faster?

For example..
Level_0_CannonsLoadTime = 1.0= Slow load time
Level_5_CannonsLoadTime = 0.50= Faster load time

So by increasing the number I would get a slower loading time for the ships?

Hi! Pirate Bay addon can't be modded since it has some online ladder functionality. However the EIC itself and other addons can be modified.

The cannon load time is tied to sailor/cannon animations and therefore the loading sequence itself cannot be changed. What you can change is the delay before the actual loading starts and the CannonLoadTime variables alter that. Lower value means smaller delay.

Ship speed can be changed to some extent in Data/AI/shiptypes.txt and cannon accuracies in Data/AI/misc.txt. Some addons have scripts under Mods/ -folder which override similarly named scripts under Data/.