• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hum... I vote for a post with all naval problems that still needs to be adressed, and try to contact/mark devs to request formaly those changes. Btw, can't we mark/ask for their input here?

Reactions:
It has been simple enough to mod away, but still I got to ask. Hit profiles have been wrong for half a year now, and five months since the last attempt to fix them. How are you guys playing naval warfare?

For background, the naval rebalance developer diary for patch 1.12 included this problem analysis of the prior state of the game:

and went on with (emphasis mine):

In other words, the effect of speed was to be curtailed by averaging it with 30 as an "anchor speed". But since, the formula continuously had oversights with an effect opposite of what was intended.
This is actually going to be in the next war effort patch.

• 9Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This is actually going to be in the next war effort patch.

Good to know! I might start doing some testing now.

Assuming that the only thing changing is the HIT_PROFILE_SPEED_FACTOR from 2 to 0.5, that will be a big change - a roughly 90% decrease in light/heavy attack TTK.

I might record my testing and upload it when the beta comes out.

Hopefully this will
- Deter raid/retreat spam
- Make Carriers slightly less dominant (fun as they are!)
- Make naval battles more decisive
- make torpedos worthwhile again

Will have to make sure the following problems don't become an issue:
- Deathstacking wiping out entire navies too fast, leading to one decisive battle followed by crippling surface raiding
- Make carriers/ land based air too irrelevant
-Make Light Attack/Light Cruiser spam too strong
-Disincentivise tech increases as speed is less potent

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good to know! I might start doing some testing now.

Assuming that the only thing changing is the HIT_PROFILE_SPEED_FACTOR from 2 to 0.5, that will be a big change - a roughly 90% decrease in light/heavy attack TTK.

I might record my testing and upload it when the beta comes out.

Hopefully this will
- Deter raid/retreat spam
- Make Carriers slightly less dominant (fun as they are!)
- Make naval battles more decisive
- make torpedos worthwhile again

Will have to make sure the following problems don't become an issue:
- Deathstacking wiping out entire navies too fast, leading to one decisive battle followed by crippling surface raiding
- Make carriers/ land based air too irrelevant
-Make Light Attack/Light Cruiser spam too strong
-Disincentivise tech increases as speed is less potent
changing HIT_PROFILE_SPEED_FACTOR from 2 to 0.5 will mean that destroyers are slightly less likely to get hit than they where pre 1.12.0 but larger ships will be much less effected by their lower speed. Carriers are going from hit profiles in the ~100 range to ~60, a 1922 BB doing 23kt is going from 87 down to 63 when compared to pre 1.12.X .

Reactions: