• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Birger Jarl

btw, i use photoshop 7.0, maybe somewhat better than paintshoppro...

Hmmm, yes maybe... but I don't have 1200 € to buy it...

did a little test after your posts leprechaun, added the swedish three crowns to the game. it works just fine.
no need to save a shield to a 256 color file, just go with the 24bit and the green background. :D

SWEDEN_TEST.gif

Hmmm

Yeah.. looks good...:)

Originally posted by Havard

Great... finally a place to dump all this graphics-talk ;) :D

i know, things will be a lot easier to keep track of things now. :)

Originally posted by Lord Joseph
if someone can make this into a shield, i will be truely impressed.

Pennsylvania.gif

lord joseph, i've done some research about the pennsylvania colony seal.
it used the same seal as William Penn's coat of arms, i can do a shield based on that or a shield on Pennsylvania present state seal. which one do you want? :)

what does william penn's seal look like?

Are there any decent programs that I can find on the internet to download to make these things... all i have is PAINT! lol... it makes it pretty difficult.

what does william penn's seal look like?

Are there any decent programs that I can find on the internet to download to make these things... all i have is PAINT! lol... it makes it pretty difficult.

i haven't found the actual coat of arms of William Penn but i'm pretty sure how it looks like.

coa.gif

"The solid band in the middle charged with three discs is taken from the arms of William Penn, founder of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, one of the original thirteen colonies".

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Leprechaun
Originally posted by Birger Jarl

btw, i use photoshop 7.0, maybe somewhat better than paintshoppro...

If Photoshop's not an option due to cost, you may want to look into the Gimp; its Windows version is much stabler than the page's dire warnings imply, and it's much more functional than PSP.

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Korath
And now I am so happy, I do the dance of joy!

It seems this works with flags, too, so my dithering nightmares are over.

How did you stumble upon this?

i made a qouple of shield that worked fine in the game besides that the pink background was visible. :(
after that i looked around in the game folder to see if a different background color could be used. it was there i stumbled upon that green color.
i told you i was good. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Korath

If Photoshop's not an option due to cost, you may want to look into the Gimp; its Windows version is much stabler than the page's dire warnings imply, and it's much more functional than PSP. [/QUOTE]

I downloaded it... but can't seem to figure ANYTHING OUT on it... help:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmm

If Photoshop's not an option due to cost, you may want to look into the Gimp; its Windows version is much stabler than the page's dire warnings imply, and it's much more functional than PSP.

I downloaded it... but can't seem to figure ANYTHING OUT on it... help:) [/B][/QUOTE]

what is it that you need help with? :)