• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Encirclements in 1945... wow...

It's obviously too late, but if you could make a push to Belgrade and annex Yugoslavia you'd take out about 40 militia divisions.

Hello guys.

I am sorry but I can't continue with this AAR.
It has been the most fun I have ever had with HoI2 in my life and your feedback has been encouraging.
But the issues with this mod-mix are too grave. I have noticed that even unit modifiers are off. It's really just this one issue. Everything else works or has been fixed (the Offensive Chit) or isn't supposed to work (like the combined arms bonus) but this one problem is to big to ignore anymore.

I've been a bit lucky for some of them to line up somewhat well with night attack being -65% on average (which may have done that I didn't notice this sooner) but other things such as disadvantages when attacking on plains or -99% for airplanes when attacking mountains are just ridicilous. It's clear that for some or other reason there has been a shift with some steps and while I won't blame anyone since I could be at fault for installing it badly or something else I do feel that it's a bit weird no one else noticed it until now but people seem to confirm it in the posts I've made...

Editing the save would require editing every single country to be fair. Creating an event would require alot of work too.
I don't feel it's been cheating since the computer has been aware of these things and I have not. I've kept stacking infantry in cities for defense when it was mechanized units I should've been stacking. Then again it's been working for me too. While they received no penalty for attacking my urban cities (0% as opposed to 20-40% ish) they did receive an on average 70% penalty for attacking the forts inside them instead of 40%. In the end it probably evened itself out...

In general the winter worked in favor for them since its penalties were much lower than they are supposed to be and the same goes with their constant air raids with the exception of when they bombed my mountain troops.

It's a bit of a miracle that I've survived as long as I have. Perhaps a mix of a little luck and a little general skill. But to continue now on a project that for so little progress takes so much planning would be a waste and a deceit.

So I'm sorry guys. Unless someone can help me with such an event that fixes all the brigade and unit modifiers I'd have to drop it here. I'm not even sure I could make such an event myself to correspond correctly to everything.

This sucks :/ Was an awesome playthrough. I think I could've won...

edit:
I might create a tech one day that evens out everything and give that tech to every country but it's a pretty large project so it might take some months before (if) this AAR ever gets unlocked. As always any help is most appreciated.

Last edited:
Sad to hear!
It was nice looking at your tactics against the enemy. Thanks for a nice lesson on strategy.

Hello guys.

I am sorry but I can't continue with this AAR.
It has been the most fun I have ever had with HoI2 in my life and your feedback has been encouraging.
But the issues with this mod-mix are too grave. I have noticed that even unit modifiers are off. It's really just this one issue. Everything else works or has been fixed (the Offensive Chit) or isn't supposed to work (like the combined arms bonus) but this one problem is to big to ignore anymore.

I've been a bit lucky for some of them to line up somewhat well with night attack being -65% on average (which may have done that I didn't notice this sooner) but other things such as disadvantages when attacking on plains or -99% for airplanes when attacking mountains are just ridicilous. It's clear that for some or other reason there has been a shift with some steps and while I won't blame anyone since I could be at fault for installing it badly or something else I do feel that it's a bit weird no one else noticed it until now but people seem to confirm it in the posts I've made...

Editing the save would require editing every single country to be fair. Creating an event would require alot of work too.
I don't feel it's been cheating since the computer has been aware of these things and I have not. I've kept stacking infantry in cities for defense when it was mechanized units I should've been stacking. Then again it's been working for me too. While they received no penalty for attacking my urban cities (0% as opposed to 20-40% ish) they did receive an on average 70% penalty for attacking the forts inside them instead of 40%. In the end it probably evened itself out...

In general the winter worked in favor for them since its penalties were much lower than they are supposed to be and the same goes with their constant air raids with the exception of when they bombed my mountain troops.

It's a bit of a miracle that I've survived as long as I have. Perhaps a mix of a little luck and a little general skill. But to continue now on a project that for so little progress takes so much planning would be a waste and a deceit.

So I'm sorry guys. Unless someone can help me with such an event that fixes all the brigade and unit modifiers I'd have to drop it here. I'm not even sure I could make such an event myself to correspond correctly to everything.

This sucks :/ Was an awesome playthrough. I think I could've won...

edit:
I might create a tech one day that evens out everything and give that tech to every country but it's a pretty large project so it might take some months before (if) this AAR ever gets unlocked. As always any help is most appreciated.

Send me the AAR I can finish it for you.

If you don't mean fixing the save file then I'm not really interested in that. The problem is not completing it, the problem is completing it correctly and since this is a first for the forum I'd like to try finishing it myself if anyone is. I'll make a event or tech file some day when I have time I think.

Hey, this might be stupid, but have you thought about pasting a copy of the save to the DH Full folder? I'm not sure if these are the correct values, but for bombing troops in a mountain the penalty is 50, and for attacking level 4 forts it's about 33.

Yeah I tried that. Sadly it won't load the save. The values are all correct inside the files relating to them. But the game either skips a few rows on the list or scrambles them in random order. (Don't quite remember anymore).

I know Blizzard was ignored and instead took up the values of snow in the table.