• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope so! :D

Apparently that advice about creating combined arms groups were just placebo ^.^
But I need to fix this engineer problem I am having since it's crucial to the counter-attacks around Köningsberg!

By the way does anyone have any comments on the story? I am trying to write about 1 hour personal experience for every 15 days in-game because personal experiences are often felt stronger like this.

If you guys don't find it to interesting I can switch to a more classic AAR mode :)?

Last edited:
I really like this style, keep it up. You've already liberated France from the tyranny of the Allied yoke, you just need to beat back the Commies in the East.

For the Fatherland!

Thanks!

Teaser for future updates.
Map of German plan "Dark thrust"
Von Manstein will be leading the attack :)

Current front: Red.
Proposed front: Black.

Portion of Red Army army group trapped in black circle and destroyed.

1tad.png

Last edited:
Game is bugged. I can't click on Offensive Chit (when I do, nothing happens, but it is still there.)
Requesting someone to please form an event for me that will cost 10000 supplies, fire once as soon as I have 10000 supplies and do the exact same lasting for the same 30 days.
I know how to edit events and decisions but I've never formed descriptions which must be connected to the event. I know they exist in the config files but if someone could give me a NWO2 config with an event like this + an updated germany event file(or an new decisions that I can use unlimited times) i'd be super happy :)

It's enough if you copy the text from the original decision or just write what ever you want :)
One to many issues really :/

First I learned that DH doesn't have Combined Arms then engineer brigades (Really all brigades) bugged in NWO2 and then this. So at least this has to get fixed or I think it's not gonna be possible.

edit: I solved it with a workaround. I replaced the events off Operation Tanneburg with those of Offensive Chit ^.^ . So forget about invading Switzerland for now!

Also fixed Engineer brigades by hard editing the save :)
Still real fixes would be nice!

Last edited:
Don't you dare - if you end up succeeding (or last until 1946), we'll see the scenario tipped against Germany even more than it is already.

Leave noobs like me a chance~!

By which I mean: Krush ze bolsheviks.

In German France You surrender

22:nd of March
Destruction of all allied renmants in the newely established French state.
Return of French territories.
Retreat from Northern Finland.
Daring defense of the Eastern Front.

As rapidly as he could move stealthly he dashed across dikes and streams, the logs and boulders of the forest.
The wind was blowing ever so lightly in his face and his long hair was flowing as the waves of a river, up and down with every step he took.
He knew that he was getting closer and closer. Armored vehicles may be fast on plains and tundra but they struggle in the uneven terrain of this ancient woodland. In addition soldiers on foot accompany the vehicles in such terrain and their more heavy equipment slows them down.

A few more minutes and he will have caught up to them. But what would he do then? As he was about to slow down and figure out a plan he saw them. And he saw his son. He looked wounded and hurt, his clothes were colored red.

-"Stop!" He screamed. - "Stop!"

But they didn't hear him. Just as he spoke those words bullets started flying. It was the 28th US Infantry Division "Keystone" with intentions to halt the offensive at all costs clashing with the spearhead of the 5th Panzer Army.
Desperate but without ideas he hid behind some bushes, thinking of his next move.

With the Pyrenees cleaned off of the last major formations the continent itself was cleared by the 14th of March. The battle had cost the the lives of some 300 000 German soldiers and some 400 000 dead allied soldiers excluding some 80 000 captured. In many cases the allied troops fought with unmistakable gallantry and courage. Their combat prowness had grown and their will to fight with it. But it was not enough and so George S Patton signed the surrender of allied forces in France on the 13th of March and ordered all remaining pockets to cease combat operations and either attempt escape or give up their arms. On the eastern front much was static. The Red Army had made some progress on a tactical level but it had come at great cost to them with casualties now mounting in the millions. Norway was being partly evacuated, supplies were being gathered again and plans drawn for a new strike. This time into the formations of the 2nd Baltic Front.

Last edited:
Well :) Things are going quite well!
Manpower is an issue as always. Not only in terms of lacking IC to use it but now lacking manpower too!
It may have been a mistake to start making militias. I won't make more than 9 of them!

The allies tried to land in France again but they lost a few more divisions.
The Soviets have mobilized or will do so shortly again. (Can't quite remember) meaning that they will rise from 0 manpower to 3.300 manpower. The US and the USSR lost a few ships.

Oh yeah. Croatia went suicidal and sold the province I gave them (Bratislava) to Hungary after I refused it. Meaning I lost about 12 weak (1936) Croatian divisions. Meh, waste of supplies ;)

Example of relentless Soviet attack and fall of the last allied forces
47h.bmp

A little naval battle.
ptoh.png

More human wave Soviets assults.
w81.bmp

Major Soviet assult on Köningsberg.
lokj.png

Trades
w875.png

Please. A silent minute for the genocide of horses in this war...seriously.

Last edited:
They still use partisans (militia) and in offensive to Germany.I like this alone Japan Zero in skyes of Milan,this guy deserve iron cross

Dark Thrust -- Morning Light

As always the first spoiler is primarily for future references when the index will be created and for browsing.
It is a spoiler.

Summer - 1945.
Destruction of two major Russian corps of the 2nd Baltic Front and the possible encirclement of a third.
Absolute annihiliation of the Japanese fleet.
Chinese army nearing collapse.
Static Hungarian front.
Difficulty to obtain fuel.
The creation of several new states.
Massive French conscription.
Major naval engagements on the English Channel.
Massive buildup of a strategic arsenal.

The battle spiraling out of control, the unease growing with every minute. What was he to do? Then, suddenly a pain as sharp as a knife hits him bluntly all over his back. An instant reaction follows. He stands up as if in chock and staring down he notices how the little steam of melting snow around him has begun changing color His vision starts to blur and go dark. In that moment he raises his head as to for a last time see his son and their eyes meet.

- "It's my father, Alfonse!" he shouts out to Albert as he stumbles out of the Jeep and on to the ground. -"Father, it's me, wait. I'm coming"
- "No" His breath already growing weak. "...don't"
But for Jean the battle has already ended, the shots have gone silent and the roar of the tanks too. - "Fight it dad, I'm coming" he says as he runs the fastest that he can.

Reachign his dad he again says - "Don't give up! They have medics here, they will help you. I saved the commanders dog, he will help, I'm sure." while at the same time hugging and holding his dad as tightly as he can. Behind his back he could see what his father had viewed just a moment ago. It's darker than the blood of the German Shephard he a few minutes ago helped clean up and so he knew his father had been shot in the liver.

- "Don't give up" he says once again as he now lookes at his fathers distraught face and the mouth that was starting to cough up more of the stuff. At the same Albert had ordered a medic flanked by two soldiers to help his them. A quick look is all that he needs
*Shaking his face* the medic then takes his fathers now almost lifeless front limbs while one of the soldiers piicks up the legs and they put him on a stretcher as Albert signals them to go back.

As Jean follows suite he quietly for himself swears to take revenge on the men who killed his father.

Much has happened in the world since those early spring days of March. The mood is somewhat brighter in Germany, somewhat darker in France despite the nominal return of its territories and the re-establishment of the traditionalist autocracy. In Russia and in America there is chaos on the home front as families hear of the capture or killing of their soldiers. Nazi Policy still being in full force the Russians especially fear for the lives of their fellow countrymen, friends and relatives whom had not met the quick end of a piercing shot or explosion - the horrors of their camps had become more apparent in the previous advancement and liberation of some of these.

On the other side of the world the Japanese naval command has done worse than even the most pessimistic of the emperors advisors could've predicted. The entire navy has been lost and in an effort to supply their colonial troops they had decided with the suggestion of Germany to grant them the same nominal control over their lands as Germany had granted to France. As if the universe was rebalancing itself the land war on the other hand had gone splendidly and it was being predicted that the nationalists would surrender by New Years Eve and the communists six months later.

PS: I would love someone to instruct me to write a little better. I know I am having trouble keeping past and present apart a little and I am trying to vary my language. The word "blood" is hard to vary though, any tips?

Last edited:
It has been going quite well still :)
The same problems remain with the fuel situation now added as all neutrals are themselves also out of oil.
France has been contracted to fill up weakened german divisions through the transfer of their material to the French army -in game terms we are selling our divisions to them. This way we are mitigating the effects of the manpower shortage.
A strategic buildup is happening - for what you'll have to wait and see ;)
Also Japans air- and navalforces are run by morons. They are support-attacking England with their tactical bombers and have suicided their fleet. I have thus sent my own airforce to help them bomb naval ships in the Pacific while also thus lowering my fuel consumption.

New countries:

Philippines
Flag-Pins-Philippines-Japan.jpg

Norway
no%7Dns.gif

Indonesia
images

Peoples Republic of Hungary. Remember though that Budapest and Bratislava are still held by "our" Hungary
hu-1949.jpg

Operation Dark Thrust in action:

f6go.png

fhar.png

A sneakpeek on the not-so-great French production

xjym.png

Japanese land commanders are brilliant

6pe2.png

Pew Pew in the Pacific. Russia wants to play.

klhl.png

Pew Pew in the Atlantic. Trying to stop an invasion of a UK army consisting of 17, make that 16 divisions.

qp37.png

More Russian armies encircled and destroyed. The one in Allenstein is the second one in Memel will hopefully be the third.
(Captured Suwalki with paratroopers!)

gpb.bmp

Big Pew Pews ready (Ze Missiles) and waiting.

78cm.png

:)
Oh yeah, Poland got annexed - again.
What did Marx say? History repeats itself - first as a tragedy then as a farce.

Are there any specific screenies you guys want and are interested in? Techies? Casualties?
Do you want more battle plans in teasers?
Give your ideas :)

Also I apologize for misspelling Königsberg so many times.

Oh by the way I forgot to include the screenshot of the winter approaching during the start of 1945 but basically it reached the northern German pocket and helped protect it!

edit: Here's a little of the new research with a new type of Screenshot that I think solves a few of the problems. I have lowered the resolution <-> so that it is more balanced. I had to do this in game. Just stretching the images made them blurred.

9gf9.jpg

What's bad about this is that I can't play in windowed mode but I'll just switch when I am taking future screenies.

Last edited:
Heya CSD, Welcome. The Dark Thrust operation was commented in Post #25 but it was a teaser so I will try to add such comments to main posts in the future as well!

@Eric

Yup! I have. Joseph has been replaced by some guy I can't remember the name of right now. I think it was Franz.
Although now I wish I hadn't replaced Joseph because of the dissent of releasing Norway :(