• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

firezatswill9

Captain
69 Badges
Aug 26, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Hello, and welcome everyone! This is my... 4th? 4th AAR that I'm doing, and I think this is gonna be a very chill and relaxed one. Let me see what nation I shou- oh shoot, I dropped my map! Hopefully everything looks ok and nothing broke...

20200807231843_1.jpg

Uh-oh, I think I broke it.

That's right, this AAR is about a world where I have gone through EVERY SINGLE NATION ON EARTH and made sure that all possible nations with cores in 1444 were released, as well as made sure that there are NO SUBJECT NATIONS. That's right, everyone is FREE, and with lucky nations off, this is could lead to some wild times! (Side effect does include a 5 year truce with the former overlord, but that's fine.)

And my ruling for which nation gets what province is as follows: If it was a core held by another nation at 1444 start, it gets release. If it belongs to more than one nation, it goes to the first nation on the core list. Simple and effective.

Let's take a look at the damage done.

20200812160504_1.jpg

England is looking rather busted up. Honestly, I'm expecting this to just be a speedbump for the English AI. But who knows, with the War of the Roses, they might get dogpiled.

20200812160521_1.jpg

Iberia is looking a bit different, but wildly similar to England in my eyes. Castile might clean up, but at the same time, Portugal might step in and take some free real estate, or even ally some of these nations and make it interesting.

20200812160528_1.jpg

Germany and France...

Germany looks like nothing's changed, and France just looks like it joined the HRE. Gross.

The HRE could be interesting, seeing how Austria is about the same size as Styria, Bohemia, Burgundy, and Milan. So they might be in danger.

20200812160539_1.jpg

Speaking of gross, the Balkans. A big Blurple? Gross. A Balkanized Anatolia? Gross.

Italy gained a few OPMs, Sardinia, Sicily, and Venice is scattered about.

20200812160559_1.jpg

Eastern Europe is looking mighty colorful. I'm shocked to learn that Novgorod has NO foreign cores, I could have sworn they had a Sami province, but that must only happen if a rebel type fires.

I'm betting on Novgorod to win Russia, but who knows, maybe Muscovy will pull itself together!

20200812160609_1.jpg

Scandanavia is also rather depressingly similar, bar the addition of Finland and Iceland.

Also, I couldn't get Gotland freed without killing rebels and taking time to do so, since you can't accept their demands. If anyone knows how I could do so, let me know. Otherwise, it's a small island nation, I don't think it would have had a big impact, like Cyrus in the Mediterranean.

20200812160621_1.jpg

The hordes of Eurasia are looking mighty different. Sibir is wrapping itself around Uzbek.

20200812160631_1.jpg

Middle east looking a lot less stable than it usually does, but that's not a high bar to get over.

20200812160640_1.jpg

The Indian Thunderdome has lost 2 of it's biggest contenders. Bengal lost absolutely nothing, so my money is on them dominating.

20200812160647_1.jpg

China is also looking like a disaster, let's just hope that Ming doesn't tributize everyone like they're want to do.

Ming also lost all their tributaries when I made them release their subjects. Because ANY subject is not allowed.

20200812160655_1.jpg

Indochina looking just a little different. I'd consider holding off until neondt's SEA update arrives, but who knows when that might be.

20200812160708_1.jpg

Manchurian hordes have just one more joining them, that new member being Chahar. Japan gone from a thunderdome royale to a thunderdome royale WITH the ability to ally outside nations. A royale with cheese, as it were.

20200812160718_1.jpg

Horn of Africa looks a little more colorful, and maybe if we're lucky, Siemen will win out and form a massive Jewish superstate.

20200812160728_1.jpg

Central and southern Africa looks mostly the same, just everything is released.

20200812160733_1.jpg

And lastly, Western Africa got a little more busted up. I'm rooting for Kaabu, personally. That neon pink color is just FABULOUS.

And that's the end of the world tour! The Americas are entirely unchanged, mostly due to how ignored they are in terms of updates, and they have no subject nation either, so nothing to release.

But, I do have a dilemma. I have no idea what region to play in, let alone the nation! As I consider this, I am definitely up for suggestions as to what region and what nation. I have a few ideas of my own, but none that I'm particularly attached to. So let me know what you think, I'm gonna think on it for a bit before getting this started!

Attachments

• 20200807231902_1.jpg
    20200807231902_1.jpg
    570,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Take Siemen, the Jewish state. Too few Jewish AARs, I say we do one here. And where is Siemen, might I ask?

Reactions:
"Battle Royale with Cheese" needs to be an achievement name.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Take Siemen, the Jewish state. Too few Jewish AARs, I say we do one here. And where is Siemen, might I ask?
I'll keep that in mind, I'm still thinking about where to start. But Siemen does sound fun, being directly north of Ethiopia and completely isolated religiously.

"Battle Royale with Cheese" needs to be an achievement name.
What would the requirements be? As the USA, own Paris and Hamburg?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Could be "Have at least 30 daimyos as the Shogunate of Japan whilst you are the production leader in livestock."

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I don't have any specific recommendation about where to play, though. Both an area where you haven't played much and an area where you play a lot could be interesting.

This looks very interesting. Subbed!

Also, I'd advise that you play as Trebizond. Lots of opportunities, and who knows? Perhaps the City of the World's Desire can be reclaimed?

May I recommend this mod?

It works the same way as your game, but is updated for 1.30 and makes it look more beautiful

I'm running a few observer mode test games, to see if there's any noticeable difference between my version and the mod version. So once that's done, I'll make a decision on which one I think is better and go from there. The Better AI mod is definitely making the world more interesting, though.

This looks very interesting. Subbed!

Also, I'd advise that you play as Trebizond. Lots of opportunities, and who knows? Perhaps the City of the World's Desire can be reclaimed?

I'll keep them in mind, Anatolia is definitely shattered to bits right now, they could use a strong nation with a long history of ruling Europe!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, I've determined that I'm going to be starting as a nation in Africa, and I've narrowed it down to just a few potential countries. I'm leaning more towards one, but I'm still debating. I'll have my answer by the middle of next week, so keep your eyes peeled for the "prologue" of this relaxing run!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd have suggested playing as OPM Malacca or Madauri, but go ahead with whatever you want.

I'd have suggested playing as OPM Malacca or Madauri, but go ahead with whatever you want.

I figured it best to avoid India and SEA, given how SEA's the area of focus for the next update. Especially since I do have an idea for a run in the area, but I want to have a nice, relaxing game first. Good suggestions, though!

Still all for Semien, really. Though, if I might make a suggestion, try going for national ideals that promote colonialism, innovation, and progression. That way, we stay ahead of most others.

Alright, it's time to announce the country we will be following in this AAR! I've given it a lot of thought, and I had come down to 3 nations, but was then able to bring it down to 2 nearly immediately.

The last place country was... Imereti! I was considering playing in Madagascar, but I shot that down almost immediately after remembering what the situation would be fore me. Not many routes to expand, colonization would be slow due to being on a remote island, it would just be boring at best, annoying at worst.

2nd place was... Siemen! And only JUST BARELY 2nd place. I actually have an idea for later in the area, but it's not nearly as relaxed as I want for this AAR, so I'm putting the horn of Africa on the back burner for now.

Which means that, our nation we're playing as is....

20200826164407_1.jpg

Kaabu!

Look, I'm a sucker for that neon pink color, and it's in a prime location for many routes to expand (colonization, annexation, and vassalization), so it won't be boring, that's for sure! Especially since I'm gonna be trying to play a "pseudo-tall" game. I say pseudo-tall because I don't know if you would call "owning west Africa" tall or not. And I say "trying" because I am historically bad at playing tall. Expansionist blood flows in my veins, the call of "moar clay" echoes in my soul.

But, I'm also hoping that, with this location, I'll be able to intervene in European affairs with ease, and see just how messed up we can help make the map!

For now, I'm gonna get the party started pretty soon, but not JUST yet. I wanna finish the quick run I was doing to see how 1.30 plays, get used to all the changes and such before getting started. So I'm hoping to start by the weekend, or early next week!

I hope you enjoy this run, and hopefully I'll see you in the first official part!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, not everyone plays an African nation, but I'll see this through. Need any help on writing culture?

Africa should be interesting...

See you next week or on the weekend!