• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Equip it on Laser Tanks, Assault Bikes and Walkers, drop Plasma Bombs on your own vehicles (or Plasma Bomb the area you're moving them to), profit. They'll only take scratch damage most of the time because of their generally decent armour and the +3 Thermal resist. Worth it for the regen and damage boost imo.

Heck, give it to your infantry even. Have half of your Purifiers jetpack forward and have the ones at the back Plasma Bomb them, Plasma Bomb the Troopers, and Plasma Bomb the Engineers and their Turrets.

Edit: Anyways, going back to something a bit less off-topic, I just realised that picking Xenoplague as Shakarn lets you basically roleplay as XCOM's Snakemen + Chryssalids.

I mean, that mod would work great for the Shakarn Purifier. mod them out tanky set them if fire hazards and just watch them tank all the things.

One thing of notice is that there is still no support shown. Would be fun to play a race with innate weakness to status effects without even having a healer unit

Hmm, their units have innate regeneration. Propagators are buffers (broadcast mechanic), so are Tactitians (they can "call back" ally unit or buff it with action points).

Tactician is T3. I mean initial stages of the game, when you're clearing map objects with some T1 units and just researching T2. Infiltrator also doesn't have healing abilities and you can't rely on them while clearing map.
Think of first several turns - a starting support that you get, if I recall correctly, for each race besides Assembly (but they have their after battle regen) is a hefty +6 health to whole stack each turn + 15-20 healing each battle. And you don't have anything alike for Shakarn.

Think of first several turns - a starting support that you get, if I recall correctly, for each race besides Assembly (but they have their after battle regen) is a hefty +6 health to whole stack each turn + 15-20 healing each battle. And you don't have anything alike for Shakarn.

True, but that's were the regeneration comes in (other factions usually need mods to auto-heal), plus we still don't know their strategic operations.

They don't have a Regen in Kir'ko/ Amazon sense, they only have a single heal each combat turn after being damaged. That will make them take less damage total, no arguing that, but they seem to have no ways to recover post-combat initially.

Epimorphic Regeneration works each time they are hit so you could say it's like healing. Plus we still don't know how broadcasts work and what doctrines they have early - maybe there are some that boost health regen. Their healing capabilities may be on par or even stronger then in other factions.

But I understand your point they don't have early game units that can be stacked in offense + support pairs like, say, PUG & Trooper or Huntress + Biomancer. But it's cool they feel different :)

Now I still want to know how they work with secret Techs. Which one do they have the most synergy with? Which ones will they benefit the least from? Questions still need answers.

It looks like the big bulky guy is going to be their operation summoned unit. Am I the only one that hates that? It feels like we have our options limited for...some reason. Give us the op summons as buildables!

It looks like the big bulky guy is going to be their operation summoned unit. Am I the only one that hates that? It feels like we have our options limited for...some reason. Give us the op summons as buildables!
They're following the same unit research path as Dvar/Kir'ko: T2 Flier first, then three T3 units. So the dragon is more likely to be one of those T3s alongside the artillery and Tactician. Most summons are T2 or T1 anyway.