• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DESCRIPTION@SHADOWELFSLAYER the variable {slayerDamageBonus} contains no [physical/] replacer or a typo, as it doesn't appear in the ToW. Only "+3" appears.

I can take a look at it. Usually it can be a little typo wrong in the mod editor by the script replacer.

- displayed around map load: [22:55:55][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 4. Message was:
[22:55:55][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string ""]:4: attempt to index field 'YAKA_FX' (a nil value)
- also displayed around map load:
[23:16:09][ERROR][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 13. Message was:
[23:16:10][ERROR] [string ""]:13: attempt to index field 'VISITED_PFX' (a nil value)

I found (back I think because I think I had already spotted the source earlier) the source of these issues: it's a script in AoW_structures.rpk / Entity / line 38 Decodence - Wicked Flames of Ghrauth (Shadowrealm) / Script / and it's both on the OnVisitedStateChanged and OnVisited scripts.
Here is the script in question (and we indeed see the stuff at line 4 and line 13):

function Class:Event_OnVisitStateChanged(argTarget)
if (self:GetVisitState()==0) then
self.STRUCT_GLOW:SetEnabled(true);
self.YAKA_FX:SetEnabled(true);
else
self.STRUCT_GLOW:SetEnabled(false);
self.YAKA_FX:SetEnabled(false);
end

end;

function Class:Event_OnVisited(argTarget)
self.VISITED_PFX:Trigger();
self.VISITED_SFX:Trigger();
end;

The issue is that the Flame of Ghrauth is based on the Shrine to the Scarlet Destroyer and is trying to play a FX when it is visited, and to have a separate FX when it has been visited and is not yet replenished. But it lacks the 2 FX in its "component" tab. So I tried to copy/paste them and it worked. Could someone please replicate that in the mod on Dropbox (I did it from another computer and it's not very practical to put the file on Dropbox).

DESCRIPTION@SHADOWELFSLAYER the variable {slayerDamageBonus} contains no [physical/] replacer or a typo, as it doesn't appear in the ToW. Only "+3" appears.

I added this to the Shadow Elf Slayer +3 [physic/]

The issue is that the Flame of Ghrauth is based on the Shrine to the Scarlet Destroyer and is trying to play a FX when it is visited, and to have a separate FX when it has been visited and is not yet replenished. But it lacks the 2 FX in its "component" tab. So I tried to copy/paste them and it worked. Could someone please replicate that in the mod on Dropbox (I did it from another computer and it's not very practical to put the file on Dropbox).

I added those to the Wicked flames of Graunth and it fixes these problems.

- displayed around map load: [22:55:55][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 4. Message was:
[22:55:55][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string ""]:4: attempt to index field 'YAKA_FX' (a nil value)
- also displayed around map load:
[23:16:09][ERROR][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 13. Message was:
[23:16:10][ERROR] [string ""]:13: attempt to index field 'VISITED_PFX' (a nil value)

Last edited:
I updated the list of known issues on p.1. Also added those:
- Missing Runes (to the Cold Fury, etc.) on the Shadow layer
- Gemstone Mines sometimes cluster by 3, which provides too much income in a single place
- Mithril Mines not generating (or too rare) on the UG layer
- Generating a map without surface (only UG and Shadow layer) on Land or Continent does not generate a Shadow layer but instead a surface + UG layers

And added this as something to discuss:
- Should we have Raven Keeps and Monument to the Ashen Rose on the surface and UG layers, and Circus on the surface layer? The initial plan was to only add Mithril Mines on the UG layer.

HousePet checked the sites affected by Sanctified Sites:
Air Node - SR
Archon Fort
Beacon of Light
Creation Node - SR
Crystal Tree - SR
Decodence - Crystal Mine
Decodence - Empty Tomb
Decodence - Foundry
Decodence - Mithril Mine
Decodence - Sword of the Ashen Rose
Decodence - Sword of the Ashen Rose - SR
Decodence - The Raven's Home
Decodence - Wicked Flames of Graugh
Decodence - Wicked Flames of Graugh - SR
Destruction Node - SR
Earth Node - SR
Fire Node - SR
Flowrock Quarry - SR
Forge of Dreams
Forgotten Throne of Arachna/Artica/Mab/Nekron/Nimue/Wizard King/Yaka
Gemstone Mine
Haunted Boneyard - SR
Hollow Grove
Lich King Tower - SR
Mana Node - SR
Mithril Mine
Syron Ruins
Syron Tomb
Vault - SR
Water Node - SR
Wizards Tower Ruins - SR

I see two issues:
- Haunted Boneyard - SR (spawn site, should not be affected)
- Decodence - Wicked Flames of Graugh & Decodence - Wicked Flames of Graugh - SR (visit sites, should not be affected)

BTW, useful post from gladis (and earlier HousePet) on the topic of resource vs treasure structures (and treasure sites vs structures).

Can someone please check that the list is the same for Animistic Knowledge (AD) and Magical Structures (Sorcerer)? And remove the 3 sites listed above from all 3 lists.

I've uploaded a revised RMG mod to the Dropbox.
This is about as much as I can get done for this release, but I can still tweak numbers.
Features:
No more Shadow Gates everywhere. On the minus side, no more Shadow Gate in the Underground, and the Surface ones are still generating in the Water and Mountains. I might not be able to solve this in time.
Lake are now created in the Shadow Realm and can contain Maelstrom and Monuments of the Ashen Rose. (Personally, I think there are too many Monuments and I would like to see some Oyster Reefs, as the Water is a bit dull.)
The islands with Shadow Gates on them (in the Shadow Realm) now scale with the size of the map.
Please give it a test and give feedback about the amount of Water, Land and Shadow Gates.

- Missing Runes (to the Cold Fury, etc.) on the Shadow layer
This was never the case.
- Gemstone Mines sometimes cluster by 3, which provides too much income in a single place
Found it. Shouldn't happen anymore.
- Mithril Mines not generating (or too rare) on the UG layer
Now scales with map size. Please review.

I can fix the Gates appearing in Water for the Islands generation, that is just a missing pass.

The reason Gates are not being generated between the Shadow Realm and the Underground is because Underground->Shadow Realm is disabled. It is disabled because this uses Caves to make the Layer Connectors.
It looks like Layer Connects can only be used to link to a lower layer than the one you generate them on. (Unless you generate them in a way that they are not supposed to be generated, such as what happens in the current live version.)
Surface is 0. Shadow Realm is 1. Underground is 2. So I can't tell the Shadow Realm layer to link to the Underground. But I can tell the Underground to link to the Shadow Realm, we just get Caves.

I'll poke it a bit more, but I'm not sure what I can do about this. If the Layers were the other way around this would work fine. But I have no idea what controls that.

Ive been following a YouTube channel "Craigatron" playing this particular mods. The underground seems to be fine without shadows gates. Not entirely so much useful.

Regarding water sites also Sunken City should be placed in the shadow realm. As I understand it was planned. Its possible to add terrain specific variants without changing the structure itself.

Regarding water sites also Sunken City should be placed in the shadow realm. As I understand it was planned.
Right, I forgot it. And based on the Wiki: "Charlatan has models already: colored ones, black and white ". Unsure whether they are available in the .clb we can access though?

Yes, regarding structures, Raven's Keep and Monument to the Ashen Rose are reskinned existing structures. Which just seems pointless to me.
Unsure what you mean? Raven's Keep is not retextured for the SR I think? And the Monument to the Ashen Rose's retexturing for the SR is good as it makes its soil coherent with the Shadow Realm instead of having sand out of nowhere.

Raven's Home: Duplicate of Forbidden Sanctum.
Monument of the Ashen Rose: Duplicate of Sunken City.
Wicked Flames of Grauth: Duplicate of Shrine of the Scarlett Destroyer.
The new models and textures are good, but they are functionally identical to existing Sites.

Unrelated: I'm going to try generating the Shadow Realm Lakes with Coloured Water instead of the normal stuff.
Has anyone got any comments about the revised Shadow Realm generation?

Well Coloured Water doesn't show in the RMG, so I can't do that.
I can restore the missing Oyster Reef generation to all or all non-SR layers. Decodence appears to be removing it from the Generation passes.
I can also add the little floating chests that appear on water to the SR Lakes. Having these appear in the Void appears to cause Bad Things, so I won't do that.

Raven's Home: Duplicate of Forbidden Sanctum.
Monument of the Ashen Rose: Duplicate of Sunken City.
Wicked Flames of Grauth: Duplicate of Shrine of the Scarlett Destroyer.
The new models and textures are good, but they are functionally identical to existing Sites.

Unrelated: I'm going to try generating the Shadow Realm Lakes with Coloured Water instead of the normal stuff.
Has anyone got any comments about the revised Shadow Realm generation?

Its possible to melt the models for sword of the Ashen rose into 1 model by making them change its actual models on terrain instead of having two different structures. Just like Ravens Keep does.

I've updated the 'RMG-With Lakes Test Version' today, as I don't have much on.
Mostly just clean-up work and scaling tweaks.

I won't be able to test it any time soon. My vacation starts today. I will return with my conclusions about it after new year. :}