• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
QUEST_DESC_08@SRQ00: "suspicious"
Is Mestar distrustful or questionable? Both would fit, given the context.

Also, in SRC03B and SRC03C, I have a few outro/intro that I find hard to translate (and I haven't played them yet). I guess that they are still wip.

QUEST_DESC_08@SRQ00: "suspicious"
Is Mestar distrustful or questionable? Both would fit, given the context.

The text is read like: "Mestar, a suspicious figurine that is hostile oriented towards our factions in the area. We must engage his forces and defeat him in order to gain more ground over the area."

Questionable over suspicious? Well, probably that over "Distrustful" as it seems to refer with whom against someone.

I have not actively been working on the third scenarios as I been busy with other things. I will return to those when I have the time and some feedback on the scenario. I have not heard anything still about 3B so far.

Thanks. Once, I'm over with translating the changes, I rush Scen 1 (and make a save at the end for further testing), and try and win over Scen 2. Last month, I was overwhelmed by the new settings; I hope that vassalizing Derismentat to please the Archons was a bad or hasty decision, and that my general playstyle and skill are not uncompatible with the campaign! Only then, I can enter Scen 3.

I believe most campaign missions have some quirks, however, dealing with story-related issues can be quite cumbersome especially after edits and new additions. Last time I talked with Drax he added some new additions, but only comments to the third scenarios. The 3C is still an open shot and can be changed a lot so I would not recommend to translate it further before it's finalized. The progress will be open for quite some time and meanwhile, I lack quite a much story-related things connections on the Shadow Realm campaign due to the number of loose connections with the general story and the content that is hard to implement. I mostly worked out from temporary templates as the campaign production was finished long before the actual story is finished which created some issues in general as the story content is not finished. However, regarding the localization and the story.

Would it be easier if I split the word documents of the draft into 3A,3B and 3C into separate documents to get a better overview?

The docs (I forgot to read again :oops:) are useful to replace dialogues in their context, and to know who is talking to whom. But I don't think it would be worth extracting knowledge bit from it into separate documents. Docs are fully understandable as they are, imo. Moreover, they don't provide any clarification to dialogues as dialogues are just extracted from them. I just wrote some comments about Scen 02 by the way.

I wait for coming to scen 3 and will comment any difficult text in the draft doc as well, instead of here, if you don't mind.

For the record, here are the current localization choices for French version, in case someone might have something to comment on it, or a translator in a new language might fall short in inspiration.

English
French
Translation in English
Comment
Shadow ElfElfe des brumesMist Elfone character less than Shadow Elf in FR, and lighter in style
Shadow Elf TouchedAdepte des brumesMist AdeptTouched and Infused not easy to translate
Shadow Elf InfusedGuerrier d'ombre des brumesMist Shadow WarriorAn example of too long a name?
Shadow Elf Night GuardGardien des brumesMist Guardian/Ward
Shadow Elf Arcane ArcherArchère arcane des brumesMist Arcane She-archer
Shadow Elf Storm PriestTempestaire des brumesMist TempestariLatin Storm Diviner, shorter
Shadow Elf ExterminatorExterminateur des brumesMist Exterminator
Shadow Elf Umbral WeaverTisseur d'ombre des brumesMist Shadow Weaver
Shadow Elf ... (racial unit)... des brumesMist ...
Shrine of StormsAutel du châtiment de l'ombreShrine of Shadow SmitingVanilla shrine is "Autel du châtiment"
Lightning cannonCanon-foudreLightning Cannoncould be "Canon foudroyant"
Lightning SpriteEsprit de foudreLightning Sprite
ArchonArchonteArchonArchonte, as the Greek oligarch
Archon Revenant CasterMagicienne revenante archonteArchon Revenant She-magician/Spellcaster
Shadow SicknessombremalShadowsicknessfantasy construct
Shadow RealmOmbremondeShadowrealmfantasy construct
Shadow GatePorte des ombresShadow Gateor Gate of Shadows
Ground MagicAbsorption de la magieMagic Absorption"mise à la terre" ugly and too long, based on Absorbed Magic
Shadow ShiftForme d'ombreShadow Formsame as vanilla Shadow Form, a nearly same ability (Frost Weapons added)
Storm BoltsTraits de ténèbresDarkness Boltscould have been Shadow Bolts
Wrapped in ShadowsProtection des ombresShadows Protection
Shadow BurstAssaut de l'ombreShadow Assaultburst not easily translatable
Inflict/Mark/Exploit ShadowsAttaque d'ombre : Affliction/Corruption/ExploitionShadow Attacks: ...on the model of vanilla Inflict Disease: Fever/Confusion/...
Dark ZealZélote des ténèbresZeal of Darkness
Dark VengeanceVengeance sombreDark Vengeance
Lightning Prayer BoltsChâtiment divinDivine Judgementsame as vanilla Prayer Bolts
Shadow FireFeu obscurDark Fire
Fire Lightning BoltFoudre d'ombreShadow Lightning
Shadow WalkingArpenteur de l'OmbremondeShadowrealm Strider
Lesser Shadow WalkingMarcheur de l'ombreShadow Walkerin general, avoiding "Lesser" in names
Shadow RunningCoureur des ombresShadows Runnerbased on vanilla Running abilities
Tame Shadow DemonConjuration de démon de l'ombreConjure Shadow DemonTo conjure is to ward off/repel
BombardSanie démoniaqueDemon Saniesor secretion
TamedConjuré(e)Conjured
Strong Will SlayerMangeur de volontéWill Eaternot implemented?
Will BreakerBriseur de volontéWill Breakernot implemented?
Inflict Break Body and SoulAttaques dévastatricesDevastating Attacksvanilla Inflict Broken Spirit: "Attaques envoûtantes"/Bewitching Attacks
BrokenDévasté(e)Devastatedvanilla Broken Spirit: "Envoûté"/Bewitched
DIsrupt Magical FormAttaques perturbatricesDisrupting/Perturbing Attackson the model of FR Inflict abilities
Disrupted Magical FormForme magique perturbéeDisrupted/Perturbed Magical Form
Disrupt EquipmentDétérioration de l'équipementEquipment Damaging/Decaying
Disrupted EquipmentÉquipement détérioréDamaged/Decayed Equipment
Shadow DemonDémon de l'ombreShadow Demon
Shadow Demon ...... de l'ombreShadow ...to keep it short and light
Shadow WeedCarré d'asphodèlesAsphodels Patchsee Greek mythology, too much irl connoted?
Shadow Weed DecoctionDécoction d'asphodèlesAsphodels Decoction
Storm TowerFlèche foudroyanteLightning Spire

As reported here, https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...of-abilities-spells-etc.1122064/post-27223614
vanilla GameConcepts.xml lacks some links related to DLC races, dwellings, and roamer sites. As you guess, this gets aggravated with Shadow Realm that adds more of them. Once/If the proper pages in the ToW are ready, links have to be added in GameConcepts.xml, but perhaps wait for the PBEM & Balance team to update their own version of the file with DLC data, before to add SR data.