• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The strength of the blinding effect of Invoke Darkness is not added.
Ok please add it.

1) ShadowRealm_xml
(consistency check)

• Bestow Static Shield
(model: Bestow Frost Flame or ?)

Yes Bestow Frost Flame.

• Inflict Blinded
(model: any "Inflict", e.g. Inflict Chilled)
Melee and Ranged attacks can inflict Blinded
>>
Attacks from this unit have a chance to inflict Blinded on (or to blind) their targets. Blinded units cannot target units or objects more than 1 Hex away with ranged abilities, cannot cast spells, and are always flanked when attacked from outside the single hex directly in front of themselves.

Also it lacks the unit families that are immune to Blind.

I don't get the first point? Nor the second?
Yes, we do like vanilla which doesn't list all the units immune. Maybe add them in English and French?

• Shadow Burst
(model: Assassin Strike)
Shadow Burst hits the frontal 3 enemies for normal melee damage, and has no retaliation.
>>
Performs a physical attack that can't be retaliated against on the frontal three enemy units.
I don't get the post? Do you suggest a change?
@greyHaunt: in the other thread, did you mean you already did those updates in the .xml? So I should update in the Wikia then?

• Dark Vengeance
(model: Divine Vengeance)
Lays waste to an entire area by a dark power. Devout and Blinded units are immune.
>>
Lays waste to an entire area by divine power. Every unit in a >> {divinevengeanceRadius}<< hex radius around this unit takes damage from dark vengeance. Devout and Blinded units are immune.
Again, is it a suggestion for change? Please be clearer because the
"a
>>
b"
Format is not very explicit to me.

• Tame Shadow Demon
(model: Befriend Animal, etc)
Attempts to take control of target enemy Shadow Demon
>>
Attempts to take control of target enemy Shadow Demon ({resistvalue}).
@greyHaunt: did you update that in the .xml?

• Storm Tower
(model: any vanilla defense tower)
Append to description: Enemies behind the city walls cannot be affected.

Suggestion: in SR there are "Storm" concept and "Lightning" concept.
Storm Bolt inflict frost and lightning damage, whereas vanilla Lightning Bolts are pure lightning.
What if Storm Tower would inflict half frost, half lightning damage as well? Else, you can call it a Lightning Spire to avoid "confusion".
We had a very long discussion about the damage of the Tower so we're not going to change that. And the idea is that it is related to the Cult of Storm so I wouldn't change the name either.

• Night Guard & Storm Priest

Besides, you have Storm Priest (same name as Dark Elf unit) and Storm Altar. Isn't the Dark Elf Cult of Storms not a thing anymore after the "Mending" in the Shadow Realm? Wouldn't it have evolved into a Cult of Shadow, hence a Shadow Priest unit 'I know, yet another "Shadow" reference...).
(Granted, the High Elf Storm Sister is a result of the Mending, and not a genuine priestess of the Cult of Storms)

Another unit keeps a Dark Elf unit's name: the Night Guard. On one hand, night guards were part of Meandor's army when he came into the Shadow Realm. On another hand, they integrated other Elves in there ranks and learned to harness the power of Shadow (through lightning damage and magic disruption). Lastly, I believe that we all agree that their animation is kind of special, making surely thinking about levitation, whereas Night Guards don't have any shadow-form/step ability. Another reason to rename them, I'd say.
Suggestion for alternate name: Castigater, Neutralizer, Protector

Need feedback from @Draxynnic here but as far as I remember, we still have a cult of Storm and I wouldn't change any name. See the lore text of the Shadow Priest:
Meandor’s name be praised! May the power of the storms batter down those who stand against Him! Let his lightning strike down all who dare to raise arms against His servants! The time of reckoning is nigh!

Litany of the Cult of Storms

Lightning Prayer Bolt
Compare to vanilla Prayer Bolt: the frost and lightning icons could be interchanged so as to reflect the main (& logical) damage chanel (I hope it's so!): Divine fire vs Divine lightning (+ spiritual damage because of divine). See screenshots.
I kept the same name for the attack in French, but the description tells: "Strike target enemy unit with Divine fire/lightning", so there's no confusion. Unit names are different, though.
What ability are you talking about exactly?

3) Suggestion

• Geyser
Suggestion: What if this attack would have a chance to inflict Drenched to target unit? It would be handy if a Lord of the Deep is nearby.
That's a design suggestion, I note it as a balance suggestion but not a priority now. (and it should rather be posted in the development thread)

Need feedback from @Draxynnic here but as far as I remember, we still have a cult of Storm and I wouldn't change any name. See the lore text of the Shadow Priest:
Meandor’s name be praised! May the power of the storms batter down those who stand against Him! Let his lightning strike down all who dare to raise arms against His servants! The time of reckoning is nigh!

Litany of the Cult of Storms
Pretty much.

The thinking here is that while the Shadow Elves had something like their own equivalent of the Mending, it's also somewhat of a mirror of the Mending that happened on Athla. The High Elves are much closer to the Wood Elves in nature: they have Forestry, tend towards good alignments, have lost all of the underground adaptations that the Dark Elves had, and apart from lore about being a bit more ruthless and militaristic than the Wood Elves used to be, the Cult of Storms is really the only vestige of Dark Elf culture seen in the High Elves.

The Shadow Elves, by contrast, represent a melding where Dark Elf culture is more dominant. Some of the nastier elements have been filtered out (the Shadow Elves no longer transform their maidens into Spider Queens, for instance), while the link to shadow has, if anything, been enhanced, but broadly speaking you could think of the Shadow Elves as essentially being Dark Elves that (mostly) have turned their back on vengeance and spite and which have become more neutral-aligned than evil.

The reasoning behind the Cult of Storms remaining in both is therefore:

1) The Cult of Storms was, essentially, a pseudo-religious cult of personality based around Meandor. If it survives on Athla after Meandor has been gone for centuries, it's definitely going to survive among a culture based around the army that Meandor led into the Shadow World.

2) Maintaining a strong focus on lightning damage is a matter of practicality in the Shadow World, since all but the highest ranking Shadow Demons are vulnerable to lightning.

The Night Guard, incidentally, is a case of deliberate continuity. The Night Guard of the Shadow Elves is a more respected body than its AoW2 equivalent, but the thinking is that the incorporeal threats that they're oriented to fight are something that is associated with night. Now, there's a degree to which it's questionable how much meaning "night" has in the Shadow World, since it seems to be more a matter of perpetual twilight than having a day/night cycle per se, but the same could be said about the typically underground Dark Elves of AoW2. Personally, I think of both as being stemming from an attitude that, when living in a realm of perpetual darkness, it's ALWAYS night - and the Night Guard protects against whatever might emerge from the darkness.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm waiting to be sure about how Cult of Storms translates in French, and will keep consistency with all the 'Storm' nouns (although I fear that vanilla localization went for a more windy gale/hurricane concept than that of a 'lightningstorm', that can occurs without rain nor wind, actually).

As for the Night Guard, part of my prevention came from the vanilla translation: 'Nocturnal Guard' (Garde nocturne) (that feels very close to the Halfling Night Watch), implying even more the presence of night as opposed to day.
Either I stick to it, or I slightly alter it to 'Guard of the Night' or 'Guard of Darkness') (Garde de la nuit, Garde des ténèbres) (as in 'Ward of Eternal Night')

@Hiliadan: if you get time, could you be my first tester?

That's interesting regarding the vanilla localisation of the Cult of Storms.

Of those possibilities, "Garde des ténèbres" might be the best option, assuming that variants of "ténèbres" aren't being used a lot elsewhere.

@Hiliadan:
Yes, I've added every description specification that Rodmar suggested (and readded the 'Horror' word to the Elder Eldritch Horror unit in MCU description, my bad that I forgot it in the first place), except for the blinding chance of Invoke Darkness.

On that note, the xml which was included in the latest mod update probably doesn't have those changes; the Dropbox version certainly does.

I don't get the post? Do you suggest a change?
Yes, most of the post is about suggesting changes so that SR descriptions get more in line with vanilla ones. Mostly aesthetic then.
I'd like better if I don't touch the English version because it adds a security level for my localization if I work each time on the current, official English version, and not on a version I changed myself. Yes, even trivial typos. Please understand that it's because I'm playing two games in one: beta testing SR and localizing it.

Hi!
1) I find trace of Rockwall Mountain in the vanilla campaign files. It's one of the Torchbearers' havens.
I suspect it is related to Rockholme. Is Rockholme the city, and Rockwall the mountain range?

2) What is the origin of Sunbirth Citadel ? I know that it was destroyed along with the Shadow Gate under it by Merlin's acting, and that shortly before, the Elven Court had razed it.
I'm asking this because the vanilla localization for Sunbirth sounds truely ridiculous in French, except maybe if it was founded by Halflings. It's because the name the localizators elected was already obsolete in European French by the 19th century, and certainly was in the 20th century (perhaps a "canadianism"?). If you ask, it's "Potron-jacquet" which literally means "Squirrel's Bottom", to be read as "the hour when you can see a squirrel's bottom" and it comes from a old regional dialect (jacquet = écureuil). How cute. It was already superseded during 19th century in main French by "potron-minet" or "pussycat's bottom" (because the cats too can be creatures of dawn, and everyone knows what a cat is). Of course, "Potron-minet" would sound both old and ridiculous (and at least, understandable), but it could fit an Halfling origin, as since the pre-industrial English names given by Tolkien, every author gave them old-pattern names.

1) I think so. I'll need to check my notes, though, and I have quite a few appointments this week.

2) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Sunbirth Citadel probably shouldn't have such a whimsical localisation. :eek:

I don't think it's clear just who named/founded it, but it was most likely humans or elves. Similar to the first question, if I recall correctly from Shadow Magic, the region is called the Sunbirth Mountains, so the citadel is basically the citadel in the Sunbirth Mountains. Historically, halfling territories have been much further west.

I translated the last changes in the campaign. Before uploading them, do we agree that a "pocket realm" is like another world/dimension, and not just a fragment of the Shadow Realm, isolated from other parts by void?

Also, I'd have three suggestions, and you are free to adapt or dismiss them:
  1. Row 517: "with anyone who might be working with the traitor" -> "with another of my generals going hand in hand with strangers"
  2. Row 519: I'd put first sentence at the end, and add one word: "Something recently"
  3. Row 521: "upon Athla," -> "upon Athla in the preceeding Ages,"

1. Row 517: "with anyone who might be working with the traitor" -> "with another of my generals going hand in hand with strangers"
  2. Row 519: I'd put first sentence at the end, and add one word: "Something recently"

They are no longer according to the old draft. They have been replaced

Not in the file uploaded 4 hours ago! I'm speaking of new, added lines. namely BODY_MEANDOR_3_D09, D11, D13.

Hmm I guess its the new. :) I also read its written with a wrong gender in the draft. I will read it more closely.

Speaking of gender, Astral is a female, but could you please recall me Mestar's and Quondria's genders (in case they differ from the notes in the Lords file)?

Mestar is male
Quondria is female

Thank you. Although I've started translating new lines, I'll wait for your go before uploading them, so as to not interfere with your work.

So far its actually Draxx who worked the new stuff out. I'm just in the middle making stuff reach game status. My ideas has been since from the start to provide content to work on based on the limitation of level editor.

I translated the last changes in the campaign. Before uploading them, do we agree that a "pocket realm" is like another world/dimension, and not just a fragment of the Shadow Realm, isolated from other parts by void?

That's the intent, yes. I was thinking of it as a kind of demiplane, if you're familiar with the term.

Regarding the suggested changes - I'm happy to go with those, with a minor adjustment to your suggestion for row 519: it would be "Something has recently destabilized..." rather than "Something recently has destabilized..."