• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I find half of them to much saturated.

By the way:

Is it correct that:
  1. For Humans, Orcs, ..., the "Vulnerability to Shadow Sickness" ability, an natural weakness to Shadow Sickness, is sourced from "Shadow Sickness", whereas
  2. For Draconians, Shadow Elves, ..., the "Shadow Walker" ability, essentially a natural resistance to Shadow Sickness, is sourced from "Inherent"?
I'd better have both sourced as "Inherent", if possible.

Okay so I toned down the number of strong colours and they became better. To clarify I have not replaced any of the colours that were added by vfxrob only the copies of high elf colours.

Most will be darker or just slightly lighter than these colours.

20191013135818_1.jpg

20191013135825_1.jpg

20191013135829_1.jpg

If you're asking about current implementation, then I'd say that we already have nice bare, purple environment with lightning in the far background.
Actually, I was mistaking with the Well of Souls' tactical map. I wasn't fast enough to capture the lightning, though. Thinking about it, shouldn't the depth of field be inferior in the Shadow Realm

Attachments

• aow3_tacticScape_WellOfSoul.jpeg
    aow3_tacticScape_WellOfSoul.jpeg
    194,8 KB · Views: 14
I wonder...

Whether you graphic modders could help correcting a vanilla flaw.

Because your Shadow Elf raptor mounts (both heroes' and exterminators') are good. I believe they always display fine whatever the tactical map and the lighting settings. Don't they?

In the opposite, vanilla raptor mounts (both heroes' and cavalry's) have glitches some times; they are displayed half white under certain lighting settings or on certain tactical maps (desert?). Or it's my graphic card?

Couldn't something be done here?

@Refineus: ok so you added some additional colour to Shadow Elf leaders in the .acp? Thanks!

What sort of tactical maps do we use for shadow realm terrain? Blighted terrain tactical map?

I'm not familiar with the tactical maps and how they are modded in game in the package manager. Its possible to create new enviroments on ligtning, fog, shadow etc.

Can we link new enviroment sets and apply them on top the shadow realm, autumm and tundra instead of using the standard ones?

Create a dark violet feel for the shadow realm and maybe orange/brown set for autumm?
I'm not sure what are questions and what are statements? As far as I know, it is very hard to change tactical maps. I could search for the posts where we explained and discussed all that. I am not clear about what can be done regarding "environment", we never really discussed that as far as I remember. Do you know more about that? Do you know how to make new environments?

@Rodmar18: we basically have no more graphic artists any more so we cannot work on that and especially we cannot spend resources working on vanilla while so much still needs to be done for the SR expansion.

@Refineus: ok so you added some additional colour to Shadow Elf leaders in the .acp? Thanks!

Indeed, I completed the whole intended list of colours.

Hair coulers is default colours. Is it necessary to add a new flavour here too to distinguish the leaders further?

I'm not sure what are questions and what are statements? As far as I know, it is very hard to change tactical maps. I could search for the posts where we explained and discussed all that. I am not clear about what can be done regarding "environment", we never really discussed that as far as I remember. Do you know more about that? Do you know how to make new environments?

Well Its easy to alter the skydome, fog, and other things related to environmemtal editor featured. The question is rather where the rpk setting can read this env files. It picks env files dependable on the climate/theme up from a folder. Like tropical for tropical tactical maps and blighted env files from the blighted folders.

I created env files for autumm theme to apply on top of respective tc. However, even chatting with Charlatan for help it did not lead anywhere.

It could be Interesting to try as a another solution without changing the tactical maps itself by adding a new surrounding feel.

@Rodmar18: we basically have no more graphic artists any more so we cannot work on that and especially we cannot spend resources working on vanilla while so much still needs to be done for the SR expansion.
Yes, but that would definitively go to Balance mod. I was suggesting artists to consider applying their skill to this mod as well, should have been any left.

Nonetheless, are you sure nobody in either team can peer at graphic files and compare two unit files: one which works and one which doesn't? I'd think that no true artistic skill is involved here, only the skill to check layers, maps, all these strange concepts that belong to 3D CAD. No?

We can add new hair colours. Here is a couple of examples that can be achieved. Darker/green/Light teal/Silver is just some examples.

Hair coulers.jpg

@Refineus: how big are the files (.clb?) necessary to add that? If small (< 1Mb), I'd say, feel free to add all you want. If bigger, we might want to avoid that as the expansion is already quite (too) big.

are you sure nobody in either team can peer at graphic files and compare two unit files: one which works and one which doesn't? I'd think that no true artistic skill is involved here, only the skill to check layers, maps, all these strange concepts that belong to 3D CAD. No?
Yes you're right but those skills are possessed by only a limited number of people who, usually, can also do the visual art. As far as I know, only Artfactial, Charlatan, vfxrob, Lordoflinks, The Mentat have those skills and they are not active at this stage (and to a lesser extent HousePet, who might have a look?).

If we know what the files are (and what they are supposed to do), I can try to find out how they are supposed to link together in the mod files.
If there is actually an error in the modified graphical files, I won't be able to do anything unless the engine gives me some sort of error message.

@Refineus: how big are the files (.clb?) necessary to add that? If small (< 1Mb), I'd say, feel free to add all you want. If bigger, we might want to avoid that as the expansion is already quite (too) big.

None. There is no clb. The values are applied trough mod editor.

I'm planning to publish an article on the open beta (one year late...). Do you have suggestions or corrections for the text below?

About 5 months after the opening of the closed beta (June 2018), the Shadow Realm Community Expansion moved to open beta on the Steam Workshop in November 2018. As we are moving closer to an official release (out of the beta phase), this article takes stock of the progress on this project which has involved more than a dozen contributors from the community.

About 120 bugs and issues have been fixed during the closed beta and the first phase of the open beta. The two mods of the expansion (one for the main content and one to access the Shadow layer in RMG maps) have reached the top 30 by subscribers, with 2500+ subscribers and very good rating (the expansion is for instance rated the 10th best AoW3 mod in the latest community rating). The closed beta focused mainly on polishing the content but it was too short to properly address balance and compatibility with other mods (though no incompatibility issue arose).

1531691211Shadow%20Realm%20Expansion.JPG

Goals of the open beta:
- polish the last scenarios of the Shadow Realm campaign and add the missing retextures and icons
- conduct a balancing pass to ensure the expansion is properly balanced
- address any compatibility issue which might appear with other mods

Everything currently works in the Community Expansion and it is safe to use it. The first two scenarios of the campaign can be considered finalized. All the units, abilities and structures are fully designed.

155524964420190414_Elder%20Bone%20Dragon%20Wip%202.png

A new T4 unit: the Elder Bone Dragon, which can only be unlocked by clearing the strongest of all sites, the Forgotten Throne

What is missing:
- some retexturing (Elder Creatures) and some icons
- finishing maps 3A, 3B and 3C
- fixing some bugs on the RMG, especially one which can cause crashes on large maps (but extremely rare on Medium or Small maps)

You can see the list of known issues and report new ones here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/shadow-realm-open-beta-tests.1301141/

After try this Community expansion mod,I have a few questions.
1.Could larva pool generate on surface layer only?sometimes I may not try to open the SR RMG mod,also with no underground layer.
2.Could any chance this mod work with Empire Building Mod or a compatible verson with this mod?

1: Not likely. If you don't have the SR RMG mod active, then we have to assume you don't want any changes to the RMG.
2: That would be up to the creators of those mods, not us. (Please ignore that there is a bit of overlap between 'creators of those mods' and 'us'. Its a scope thing. The other mods need to be changed or have a compatibility mod created. We can't do that without breaking this mod for anyone not using those mods.)

Would this work as an Elder Phoenix? I added a blue light colour and then green/blue flames on top of that?

Yes/No

Option 1.
20200209080049_1.jpg

Option 2.
20200209080612_1.jpg

Option 3.
No blue, but more toned lighter.
20200209080722_1.jpg

Not sure about the greenness of option 1.
Option 2 looks okay, not sure about the green face.
Option 3 would be good if the red parts were darker. As in more contrast, rather than just flat lighter. It looks a bit faded.