• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Refineus

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
This is a little comparison.

I updated some regular icons set for this mod. This is from the Archon Dwelling city upgrades.

Many of the icons we have today are either clipped or have white spots in several spots as both Gimp and Paint.net lacks an ideal way of handling compression in detailed pictures. Especially since those programs handle the alpha layer differently or use ways to trick the picture somehow with workarounds.

Would there be a support to add more like the pic below or we want to keep them as they are right now? If I can track down the source files I could add them with photoshop and Nvidia DDS tool to make them more triumph style in-game. A bonus effect is that they look way better and cuts the sizes of clb by roughly half.

To the left is the previous one to the right is the new updated.

Comparsion.jpg

Refineus

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II
I completed 16 icons 128 x 128 for most of the new sites. The last ones were the Gemstone Mine icon. I think to open the 3d model of the crystal tree and cut it down in blender. Raise the model a bit and put the remains on top of the Flowrock Quarry.

Quite frankly, the intention of having crystal tree was as I understand to have the crystals peeking from the stones. But on map the quarry is to dark making the model confusing on the terrain as its really hard to tell them apart from a normal crystal tree as the "Gemstone tree" stays at normal height. It might be a task when I feel uninspired or something.

Refineus

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II
All structures, Racial governance and abilities icons have been updated that I have found. That is about 1.3 Mb in a reduction of clb files. If you need more icons just tell as there is room for more in some icons portfolios. The good thing is that they do not increase in size if I add more icons to the same picture.

So far has around 50+ icons been updated in photoshop and they do look better when they are done through photoshop as I'm also applying some fixes and small repairs of colours.

I will look at units at a later stage. As its quite heavy to go through all.