• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since the xml issues seem to be sorted out, I've pushed an update of the content mod. :)

From our experience in the balance mod, I can tell you we need to AVOID using LibreOffice as much as possible. It created very serious crashes in a lot of games after a .xml file became faulty and units disappeared from entire PBEM games due to that. Basically localization and .xml is the easiest way to wreak havoc in the game. What matters is not whether WE can open the files. What matters is whether the game can open the files and LibreOffice adds formatting which are not compatible with the game. So we (I) should regularly check that the files can be opened in Excel and that the game recognizes them

Duly noted. That's much, much worse than I expected. I'm really surprised that it actually changes the way the game handles the files.

I'll be not connected until november.
Well, I meant that I won't have the files at hands. I can still ferret around forums.
If I guess correctly what you mean, you don't understand why it gives Shadow Walker twice, once to all units and once to units produced in the city? The reason is that the Heart is not permanently under your control: when you lose it, all your units lose the temporary Shadow Walker property. But units produced in the city have it permanently.
Then, that's how I figured: you mixed effects of both a Heart and a 'Domain of' spell. This is understandable as there isn't any Avatar "Domain of Shadows" city spell. Phrasing could be improved though, so that someone like me doesn't get confused at first reading.

I think the best we can do is to stick to only 1 copy of the file (so @Rodmar18 please do not add "_FR" files, just work directly on the main files) and everyone uses the files synced on his computer (no download/upload with old files).
Understood. Except that I'll download/upload until you explain me how to synchronize (in November).

If possible, using coloured cell backgrounds would be very convenient for localizators, because we don't have any detailed changelog as in Balance Mod (besides changelog.txt). For instance, when a line in Master file gets changed in English, the author changes the whole line's colour (e.g. red). When a localizator updates localization, the colour is removed (or turned green, an active change). Thus, everyone knows whether a line is fully updated or not. If a line is fully updated, the English author can remove the whole line's colours. When Master file gets online, it's format can be made compatible with the game (returning to default format?) to remove any leftovers.

Yeah, please don't translate for now. (...) The texts are definitely not definitive at this stage. Refineus mentioned a timeline but we also need to keep in mind that nobody tested scenario 3B and 3C so far.
I translated only campaign intro, scen1 and scen2, as well as locations. All your points are valid, but I rather have a text mature somewhat, before returning to it for further polishing. I can do this either in a separate worksheet, or directly in the file. I prefer the later, because when I replay a scenario, I can already test my tries. Besides, working on texts this early may allow us to find some inconsistencies or suggest some improvements, as beta testers.

That's much, much worse than I expected. I'm really surprised that it actually changes the way the game handles the files.
This is how we got the issues in the balance mod: the file with the localization for many abilities, including "Flying" was corrupted and could not be read by the game any more. So all units with "Flying" lost the ability as its description could not be read any more. All the ones on Water drowned instantly.
Also I think doing searches in the ToW were causing crashes.

If possible, using coloured cell backgrounds would be very convenient for localizators
Yes that'd be great but what I understand is that the trick you use LibreOffice means you can't get cell formatting? And I think the .xml files we use should always be compatible with the game, otherwise we take huge risks to be blocked with no way to make them compatible at a later stage.
So what I'd suggest is instead to post changes to the English version on the localization thread https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-realm-descriptions-and-localizations.1262233 and I can try to compile a list of stuff translators need to rework on, just like the list of known issues.

Yes that'd be great but what I understand is that the trick you use LibreOffice means you can't get cell formatting?
When I'm back, we could try something as I have to use OpenOffice under Windows, anyways: see if I can re-add backgrounds just before saving as Excel 2003 xml and uploading, that is once LibreOffice formatting and Linux EoL are deamed "gone".

Is it normal that the three xml files I replaced in the DropBox are now displayed as but a single line by DropBox in Firefox/Linux? Do you confirm they are working for you under Windows?
I can download them and open them in LibreOffice as a readable spreadsheet, but Kwrite displays them as a single line text file, not recognizing any EoL character as well.
To compare, ShadowElves_Campaign.xml is correctly displayed by this browser.

New pass on ShadowRealm.xml and the ToW in-game:

Inflict Infection:
(model: Inflict Crippling Wounds & Bombard)

Current DESCRIPTION@ABILITY_INFLICTINFECTION:
"Melee and Ranged attacks used by this unit can inflict Infection. This does not affect Machine, Undead, Elemental, or Shadow Demon targets."
Suggested text:
"Melee and Ranged attacks used by this unit can inflict Infection. Infected units suffer from {InfectedBlightWeakness} weakness, Bloated with Gas, and Inflict Infection.[br/][br/]Machine, Undead, Elemental, or Shadow Demon are immune."

About: Bombard and Inflict Infection
If I see the logic behind the target having a chance to inflict Infection on its turn, I don't see how this would be a benefit for the side the Shadow Demon belongs to (either independant Shadow Demons, or a tamed Bombard). Any victim can now spread the infection, but it fights against either Shadow Demons (who are immune to Inflict Infection), or the side the tamed Bombard belongs to (whose units are vulnerable to Inflict Infection). So what?
Besides, I guess (not being sure) that Bloated with Gas and Inflict Infection last but until the end of battle. They could last for a few strategical turns, like the effect of Severely Poisonned, thus being useful if those infected units fight another, vulnerable side.

Tame Shadow Demon:

Current DESCRIPTION@ABILITY_TAMESHADOWDEMON:
"Attempts to take control of target enemy Shadow Demon {resistvalue}."
Issue: the {} variable is not recognized. It isn't useful either, because the resistance check is displayed right next to the name in the ToW.

Shadow Artifact:
Current DESCRIPTION@ABILITY_SHADOWARTIFACT:
"Adjacent enemy units that are vulnerable to Shadow Sickness suffer from {ShadowArtifactPenalty} damage."
Display: "... -1 damage."
Is it main damage channel or any damage channel?

Mithril Mine: (see last item, below)
1) In the ToW, the DESCRIPTION@STRUCTURE_MITHRILMINE (and NAME?) from Decodence.xml is used instead of DESCRIPTION@STRUCTURE_MITHRILMINE (and NAME?) from ShadowRealm.xml.
As a result, the displayed income value (10 gold) is not consistent with "giving both gold income and production."
2) There are two entries in the ToW, one is as previously refered to, the other generates a 20 gold income and unlocks Mithril Armory. This is the effect devised for Shadow Realm I believe. This one should use the description from ShadowRealm.xml.

Crystal Mine:
There is only one entry in the ToW; DESCRIPTION@STRUCTURE_CRYSTALMINE from Decodence.xml is used ("granting income of both gold and mana."), whereas income is said to be only +10 gold.
Perhaps a modified description is needed in ShadowRealm.xml?

Shadow Elf Slayer:
Please confirm or infirm that the bonus is not +3[physic/] like the other Slayer skills (the icon is not included in the {slayerDamageBonus} variable.

Shadow Bomb:
(model: Flash Bomb?)
Description: "Launches a mana-infused flash bang that bursts apart into a mixture of light, shadow realm scraps and frost. Attempts to cause the target to be Blinded for {blindedTime}."
Compare to Flash Bomb in LOCALBALANCE.xml (PBEM mod): "Launches a mana-infused flash bang that bursts apart into a mixture of light, scraps, and flames. Deals {flashbangPhysicalDamage} and {flashbangFireDamage} damage to target enemy unit and attempt to Blind all units in 1 hex radius for 2 [turn/]. If Blind was unsuccessful, affected units lose 25% of their movement points. Blinded units have a maximum attack range of 1 hex."

Geyser:
No damage is displayed next to the name in the ToW.
Also, perhaps, it could have a chance to inflict Drenched?

Call Forth Darkness:
"Plunges a 5-hex area of the battlefield into darkness. Deals {frostDamage}, {physicalDamage} and {moraleReduction} to all units, excluding Shadow Elves and Lightning Sprites, and has a {PhysicalCheck} chance of blinding them for {blindedTime}."

Invoke Darkness:
"Plunges a 5-hex area of the battlefield into darkness. Deals {frostDamage} and {physicalDamage} to all units, except Shadow Elves and Lightning Sprites, and has a chance of blinding them."
The later ability is an hero's ability and doesn't have a blinding time nor morale reduction. The damage should be removed from th e description, because it is also displayed right next to the name in the ToW, the unit panel, and the ability's tooltip.

Suggestion for Invoke Darkness: (of course, have the two variables working)
"Plunges a large area of the battlefield into darkness. Deals Shadow damage to all units in a 2-hex radius and has a {PhysicalCheck} chance of blinding them for {blindedTime}. Shadow Elves and Lightning Sprites are not affected."
Suggestion for Call Forth Darkness:
"Plunges a large area of the battlefield into darkness. Deals Shadow damage to all units in a 2-hex radius as well as demoralizes them for {moraleReduction}, and has a {PhysicalCheck} chance of blinding them for {blindedTime}. Shadow Elves and Lightning Sprites are not affected."

Lesser Shadow Walking:

double same entry, one of them with the wrong icon?

Mercenary Strike:
description not written. A placeholder?

Shadow Shift:
Unusual formatting in the ToW: a resistance check icon (replacer) is used in place of a damage type icon (replacer): after verification in game, it is an additive bonus to the physical protection (like the -20% Physical Weakness for Halfling units, or any physical debuff in game), and not a multiplier to the Physical resistance percent (like the 20% bonus to all resistances when in guard).
Suggestion: replace [resistPhysical/] (?) replacer with [physic/] replacer in the {} variable.

Shadow Running:
same icon as Lesser Shadow Walking? (see Lesser Shadow Walking)

Chaos:
Dark Zeal:

-> A remainder that pictures are missing in the ToW.

Shadow Demons and conversion:
Shouldn't any conversion ability's description mention that Shadow Demons are immune, when relevant?
For instance, Charm and Seduce don't mention the immunity.

ToW double entries:

Air/Creation/Destruction/Earth/Fire/Mana/Water Nodes: same description (are they doubles for the SR layer?)
Altar of Bound Souls
Arcane Catalyst
Castle of the Lich King
Celestial Pool
Crypt of Unlife
Crystal Tree
Enchanted Armory
Flowrock Citadel
Flowrock Quarry
Focus Chamber
Forbidden Sanctum
Haunted Boneyard
Library of the Dark Arts
Necromantic Circle
Pillar of the Stylites
Vault of Knowledge
Wizard Tower Ruins

-> As you see, they are both MCU sites and corresponding MCU buildings.

Monument to the Ashen Rose
Wicked Flame of Ghrauth

-> Aren't the later, at least, caused by the fact we both load Decodence mod and have a modified Decodence.xml file in SR mod?

Talking about modified Decodence assets, we have non consistent description for two resource sites:

Mithril Mine: double entry
1) With Decodence description (both gold income and production bonus): 10 gold income, NO production bonus
2) With SR description (abundant resources, and unlocks Mithril Armory): 20 gold income

Crystal Mine: Decodence description (both gold and mana income): 10 gold income, only

New pass on ShadowRealm.xml and the ToW in-game:

Inflict Infection:
(model: Inflict Crippling Wounds & Bombard)

Current DESCRIPTION@ABILITY_INFLICTINFECTION:
"Melee and Ranged attacks used by this unit can inflict Infection. This does not affect Machine, Undead, Elemental, or Shadow Demon targets."
Suggested text:
"Melee and Ranged attacks used by this unit can inflict Infection. Infected units suffer from {InfectedBlightWeakness} weakness, Bloated with Gas, and Inflict Infection.[br/][br/]Machine, Undead, Elemental, or Shadow Demon are immune."

I'll look into this one.

Tame Shadow Demon:

Current DESCRIPTION@ABILITY_TAMESHADOWDEMON:
"Attempts to take control of target enemy Shadow Demon {resistvalue}."
Issue: the {} variable is not recognized. It isn't useful either, because the resistance check is displayed right next to the name in the ToW.

That change was your idea in the first place:) Although, I should've checked whether the ability has the {} part in the code, so that's on me as well. I'll just remove it I guess...

Crystal Mine:
There is only one entry in the ToW; DESCRIPTION@STRUCTURE_CRYSTALMINE from Decodence.xml is used ("granting income of both gold and mana."), whereas income is said to be only +10 gold.
Perhaps a modified description is needed in ShadowRealm.xml?

It might be a bit complicated I assume. I'll look into it as well.

Shadow Bomb:
(model: Flash Bomb?)
Description: "Launches a mana-infused flash bang that bursts apart into a mixture of light, shadow realm scraps and frost. Attempts to cause the target to be Blinded for {blindedTime}."
Compare to Flash Bomb in LOCALBALANCE.xml (PBEM mod): "Launches a mana-infused flash bang that bursts apart into a mixture of light, scraps, and flames. Deals {flashbangPhysicalDamage} and {flashbangFireDamage} damage to target enemy unit and attempt to Blind all units in 1 hex radius for 2 [turn/]. If Blind was unsuccessful, affected units lose 25% of their movement points. Blinded units have a maximum attack range of 1 hex."

PBEM and SR Expansion still use different versions of Flash Bomb, and I assume that the current SR version of Shadow Bomb is the correct implementation unless Hiliadan/someone else in the dev team says otherwise. You propose a balance change, and I'm not the one who has the right to make it.

Geyser:
No damage is displayed next to the name in the ToW.
Also, perhaps, it could have a chance to inflict Drenched?

1. Will look into that.
2. Balance issue. It probably could, but I'd argue the displacement is already valuable as it is.

Lesser Shadow Walking:
double same entry, one of them with the wrong icon?

English version, latest update. Cannot replicate, searching the ToW shows only one Lesser Shadow Walking.

Mercenary Strike:
description not written. A placeholder?

Mercenary Strike was planned as an ability for one of the units, if I'm not mistaken. Hiliadan and I had a little discussion in PM about that one way back. He then included it in the Known Issues list. I deleted it both from the .acp and the .xml files. It shouldn't even exist anymore, and it doesn't for me. Interesting that it somehow survived the ordeal...

Shadow Shift:
Unusual formatting in the ToW: a resistance check icon (replacer) is used in place of a damage type icon (replacer): after verification in game, it is an additive bonus to the physical protection (like the -20% Physical Weakness for Halfling units, or any physical debuff in game), and not a multiplier to the Physical resistance percent (like the 20% bonus to all resistances when in guard).
Suggestion: replace [resistPhysical/] (?) replacer with [physic/] replacer in the {} variable.

While it's quite possible this won't be anything significant and the change could go through, I'd still say that the original coding of this ability is a bit unique as it adds 3 instances of 20% Physical Protection. It could probably stay this way due to this specific coding interaction. Not really important, if you ask me.

Shadow Running:
same icon as Lesser Shadow Walking? (see Lesser Shadow Walking)

English version, latest update. Cannot replicate, icons are different and descriptions differ as well.

Chaos:
Dark Zeal:

-> A remainder that pictures are missing in the ToW.

Same as previous, pretty much. I fixed them myself in the .acp file, so I highly doubt it's possible that they reverted. Also, both of those work for me right now.

Shadow Demons and conversion:
Shouldn't any conversion ability's description mention that Shadow Demons are immune, when relevant?
For instance, Charm and Seduce don't mention the immunity.

It requires either:
a. Adding a specific property to Shadow Demons mentioning their immunity to conversions;
b. Fixing each one of the affected abilities to correctly convert Shadow Demons;
c. Fixing each of the affected abilities' descriptions to mention that Shadow Demons cannot be converted.
And I don't know how exactly the dev team has decided to deal with this issue. I think it either is already in the Known Issues list or it was discussed already on the forums.

ToW double entries:
I didn't even bother reading through, I knew the list all too well...
Cannot replicate, I have them all as single entries. I fixed those myself in the .acp file, so if this persists, redownload the mod in Steam please. Your acp files are probably of the previous update. And that's why most of these issues seemed too familiar to me at first glance...
Also, please note that the ToW can somehow bug out and duplicate entries by itself. For example, I had Sphinx Temple get a double ToW entry even though I know it wasn't duplicated for the Shadow Realm layer. Close/reopen the ToW if this happens.

Monument to the Ashen Rose
Wicked Flame of Ghrauth

-> Aren't the later, at least, caused by the fact we both load Decodence mod and have a modified Decodence.xml file in SR mod?

Talking about modified Decodence assets, we have non consistent description for two resource sites:

Mithril Mine: double entry
1) With Decodence description (both gold income and production bonus): 10 gold income, NO production bonus
2) With SR description (abundant resources, and unlocks Mithril Armory): 20 gold income

Crystal Mine: Decodence description (both gold and mana income): 10 gold income, only

No, the updated Decodence.xml stores updated descriptions (for example, Wicked Flames of Ghrauth have the Shrine of the Scarlet Destroyer effect, which wasn't even mentioned before I added it in).

Mithril Mine: known issue, caused by the Decodence mod. I spoke to Hiliadan about it, he said that the SR description one is the correct one, but it's hardly a priority to fix that (and it's slightly complicated as well).

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my acp dated from 26/08. To me as well, things looked too familiar.
So, apparently, Steam OS doesn't update the SHADOW REALM [76561197999770111] mod as often as it should. I'm updating all of outdated files with the latest ones in the DropBox.

That change was your idea in the first place:)
I feared it was the case. Now I can see better how all is displayed. Resistance checks are made explicit in the description only when:
1) It's a skill (a spell);
2) It's an ability that always deals damage, on top of inflicting an effect.
Because, if it's an ability that doesn't deal any automatic damage, then it's an inflict-like ability, and the resistance check is displayed right next to the name in the ToW, in the unit panel, and in the ability's tooltip, instead of the automatic damage.

For my defence, I shall mention that vanilla conversion abilities are not all consistant with these "rules". Some display the resistance check both next to the name and in the description, some display it only in the description, etc. So, yes, for conversion abilities, you can see resistance check in the description, whereas nothing is displayed next to the name. I'm reporting this in the PBEM & SP Balance mod as well.

PBEM and SR Expansion still use different versions of Flash Bomb, and I assume that the current SR version of Shadow Bomb is the correct implementation
Understood, but you could add the resistance check for the blinding effect, as I assume that a damage is displayed right next to the name!

While it's quite possible this won't be anything significant and the change could go through, I'd still say that the original coding of this ability is a bit unique as it adds 3 instances of 20% Physical Protection. It could probably stay this way due to this specific coding interaction. Not really important, if you ask me.
I don't know. Wouldn't it make it the only ability in the game to use this "resistance" icon out of a resistance check info (instead of an "elemental" icon)? Everywhere else in game, a physical protection/resistance is written as "+20%[physic/] Resistance".

About the 3x20% not equal to 60%, granted a Dispel Magic or Absorb Magic ability will count 3 effects, but look at Rogue's Shadow Form: its {shadowformPhysicalProtection} variable is displayed as "+60%[physic/] Resistance" if I remember well, or the "+60%[fire/] Resistance" from a Shrine (and indeed, I asked on the forum why I could dispel so many effects on that unit).

Waiting to return in game with the latest acp to check what remains from my former report.

[EDIT]I just added pictures to illustrate my points about Lightning Prayer Bolts and Shadow Shift![/EDIT]

Attachments

• aow3_prayerBolts.jpeg
    aow3_prayerBolts.jpeg
    26,1 KB · Views: 7
  • aow3_lightningPrayerBolts.jpeg
    aow3_lightningPrayerBolts.jpeg
    24,6 KB · Views: 7
  • aow3_shadowFormRogueSkill.jpeg
    aow3_shadowFormRogueSkill.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 8
  • aow3_shadowShiftAbility.jpeg
    aow3_shadowShiftAbility.jpeg
    18,7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Eldritch Altar
In the ToW, it's the only new MCU that doesn't have a "Unlocks: this unit" line.

Static Discharge
Description:
"Deals {staticDamage} damage to the target. The static electricity jumps up to two other enemy units within three hexes."
Issue: this description is correct we could add "enemy unit" to follow vanilla phrasing.
As a note, it's a Touch ability, but vanilla English descriptions never use "touched", anyways.
Suggestion:
"Deals {staticDamage} damage to target enemy unit. The static..."

Bug: The "monoculture" empire quest (7 cities of same race) seems not to produce any units when that race is Shadow Elf. It still pops up a notification saying you achieved it and should have gotten units, but the units aren't anywhere on the map, and they don't show up under the empire overview > armies listing.

(I came back to the game I'd started on a summer version of the mod, so it's conceivable that this was fixed more recently, but a search of the notes didn't reveal anything that suggests that it was.)

I'm going to push out another update on the 23rd in the evening (EST) to release all of the localization changes and other fixes since the last one. If anyone has other changes that we should wait for, I can push it later in the week.

- A property showing the number of turns a Lightning Sprite has left before dying should be displayed. [the property is still not displayed]

I tried looking in to making this, and I don't think that we can do that. The only way that timers get applied to abilities seems to be from the ability that causes the status in the first place.

If anyone knows of a work around, I can try to implement that.

- update the model of the Lost Privateer:
* remove the pistol
* replace the sword by an Assassin one. (SE Assassins have claws attached to their arm, maybe use this on one arm? but can probably not separated from the arm of the SE model)

His sword and pistol have been switched out for smaller versions of the Naga kris swords as a more assassin-like weapon set.

Bug: The "monoculture" empire quest (7 cities of same race) seems not to produce any units when that race is Shadow Elf. It still pops up a notification saying you achieved it and should have gotten units, but the units aren't anywhere on the map, and they don't show up under the empire overview > armies listing.

(I came back to the game I'd started on a summer version of the mod, so it's conceivable that this was fixed more recently, but a search of the notes didn't reveal anything that suggests that it was.)

There was a unit set that wasn't linked in the empire quest definitions, and I think it was the only one missing. If you have the ability to try completing that quest again, it should behave similarly to the normal reward.

I'm going to push out another update on the 23rd in the evening (EST) to release all of the localization changes and other fixes since the last one.
Are there any changes to xml files? I'll see and update them tomorrow [CET] (for my part).

If anyone knows of a work around, I can try to implement that.
They have already the Magical Origin status:
"This unit is of Magical Origin and therefore susceptible to the Banish and Arcane Binding Spells."
and the Combat Summon status:
"The unit is sustained until end of combat. It is susceptible to the Banish and Arcane Binding Spells."

I'd see two possbility in my head (that is, out of thin air...): either
  • Replace the Combat Summon status by an alternate, timed, internal status granted when the Sprite is created that would be given the same visible name (why changing?); as the Sprite already vanishes after 3 rounds, we wouldn't see this alternate Combat Summon status coming to a end.
"The unit is sustained only a short time and will soon vanish. It is susceptible to the Banish and Arcane Binding Spells."
  • Add a new timed, fake status, on top of Combat Summon, just to have a timer displayed, (and arrange that it is autocast at the beginning of the round when its value is not equal to 1 or 2; of course, as the unit vanishes after 3 rounds, we never see the timer resetting).
Vanishing / Evanescent (even if technically, they disappear all of a sudden)
"This unit is barely connected to this realm and will vanish soon."

Are there any changes to xml files? I'll see and update them tomorrow [CET] (for my part).

None that I made at least. I don't think there were any new entries added

I'd see two possbility in my head (that is, out of thin air...): either

We can add an ability that says the sprite only lasts for 3 turns, but it's the actual counting down part that I don't think can be applied when the unit is summoned since the number of turns something lasts is external of the status effect itself. There might be a way to do it with scripting, but I'm not familiar with how that would work.

I think we can take the opportunity of the update to update the text on Steam to remove "scenario 2" from the ones under development and instead precise "3A, 3B and 3C" are.

Yunalesca, pipo.p (Rodmar) and GreyHound (GreyHaunt) can be invited as contributors.

We can add an ability that says the sprite only lasts for 3 turns, but it's the actual counting down part that I don't think can be applied when the unit is summoned since the number of turns something lasts is external of the status effect itself.
Do you mean that it's actually not possible with the usual editor tools to add any other timed status such as Weakened, Chilled, Shocked, etc, and that you can only change their description or actual effects, and not the fact they are timed ?

New version released!

"3A, 3B and 3C" are.

Are there any other variants of scenario 3? If not, I think "scenario 3" probably covers it. Currently, I've just removed the references to scenario 2.

Yunalesca, pipo.p (Rodmar) and GreyHound (GreyHaunt) can be invited as contributors.

Friend invites sent. I can only add steam friends under the contributors section.

Do you mean that it's actually not possible with the usual editor tools to add any other timed status such as Weakened, Chilled, Shocked, etc, and that you can only change their description or actual effects, and not the fact they are timed ?

It's that the timer is defined by the Inflict ability. So Inflict Weakened is where the time limit is defined, not on the Weakened status ability. As far as I know, there isn't a way to automatically have the spell cast on the unit when it appears on the battlefield via a summon. If there is one, then I'll give it a shot, but I can't seem to find/think of what might do it.

It seems that the Heart of Shadows structure clb is set up wrongly. Should I remove the flickering "glow effect" that's been fiddling the texture. If I fix it, It will look like this in the picture below:

20200210192900_1.jpg