• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hrm, I think I broke something in the UG. I defeated the villain prior to meet the prisoners. Now, they belong to my army but I never had any dialogue besides their call for help. If you think this is uncompatible with a proper testing (given potential consequence carrying over to other scenarios), I can reload a save from a few turns ago (delaying the villain's defeat). If not, I go on.
Also, do you wish I cleanse all the surface map (for testing reason), or am I fine in just defending Lena Yusca until the end?

Given the topology here, however, perhaps you could just free a mountain hex adjacent to the fort and place another guardian of your choice on it. Thus, you could keep a guardian (of your choice) in the fort, and only remove (or move to the fort) the one on the adjacent mountain hex?

I believe I will take away the fort. Keep the guardian as the purpose is to block the player from reaching the place.

Hrm, I think I broke something in the UG. I defeated the villain prior to meet the prisoners. Now, they belong to my army but I never had any dialogue besides their call for help. If you think this is uncompatible with a proper testing (given potential consequence carrying over to other scenarios), I can reload a save from a few turns ago (delaying the villain's defeat). If not, I go on.
Also, do you wish I cleanse all the surface map (for testing reason), or am I fine in just defending Lena Yusca until the end?

Hmm, I have not encountered this. Did the quest finish?

You could cleanse the whole surface. Finding everything makes a slightly difference like the Skewer story. Important is probably to keep the golem alive and the frost tank that comes as an reward.

As for the surface, I still get the "Stop the Dark Invokers" secondary quest. I haven't came close enough to ensure wether there are invokers to stop, but I guess that I'll have to destroy those stacks of doom that first surprised me when I was frolicking in the area.

As for the UG, I reloaded several saved games, and came with a bug that predates the meeting with the prisoners.
On T72, the turn I defeated MQV and captured his capital, I fulfilled this main subquest and got the Humain joining me.
On T80, after having peered at the mirror pool (T74), V. declaring war on me as a result, I get 4 new "Defeat MQV" main subquest! However, no summary is displayed when I click on them.
The more and more I progress in the UG (or I reload? or I kill V?) the more I get these false quests, up to 11 (eleven) at T124, after V's defeat.

No, at T124, though I now own all the former prisoners (tank included), the "Help the prisoners" secondary quest is still hanging. Isn't Ella's future appearance dependent on wether she is well treated in this scenario?

I wait a little until you instruct me what to do (I have both golem and tank alive). I shall have enough saved games to try a replay if you eventually correct the campaign file, if possible.

Attachments

• aow3_SRSC1_noCustodians.jpeg
    aow3_SRSC1_noCustodians.jpeg
    192,3 KB · Views: 4
  • aow3_SRSC1_frostlingQuestNoDialogues.jpeg
    aow3_SRSC1_frostlingQuestNoDialogues.jpeg
    208,3 KB · Views: 5
As for the surface, I still get the "Stop the Dark Invokers" secondary quest. I haven't came close enough to ensure wether there are invokers to stop, but I guess that I'll have to destroy those stacks of doom that first surprised me when I was frolicking in the area.

As for the UG, I reloaded several saved games, and came with a bug that predates the meeting with the prisoners.
On T72, the turn I defeated MQV and captured his capital, I fulfilled this main subquest and got the Humain joining me.
On T80, after having peered at the mirror pool (T74), V. declaring war on me as a result, I get 4 new "Defeat MQV" main subquest! However, no summary is displayed when I click on them.
The more and more I progress in the UG (or I reload? or I kill V?) the more I get these false quests, up to 11 (eleven) at T124, after V's defeat.

No, at T124, though I now own all the former prisoners (tank included), the "Help the prisoners" secondary quest is still hanging. Isn't Ella's future appearance dependent on wether she is well treated in this scenario?

I wait a little until you instruct me what to do (I have both golem and tank alive). I shall have enough saved games to try a replay if you eventually correct the campaign file, if possible.

Hmm these are new ones. I might have to actually check whats going on. You can problably carry out the mission and finish it as normal. Its quite new behaviour "quest stacking" and I will problably during the week track down the Mestar quests. I believe a timer is set on repeat. All in all Im more interested in the new performance of scenario 2.

I will see if I have to time work on this again. Im currently busy working on developing the 11th scenario on the Wasteland campaign. Might squeeze in some time to fix things here.

The return of the previous Imperial officer...

I decided to alternate the 3C scenario a bit to make Grevara the main leader for this scenario. This will impose the current story a little and change Meandor's role without affecting the story editing too much. The end of scenario 2 was written in a way when you choose the "earth and creation" ending you will be informed that Grevara and Sydran were left behind after Meandor destroyed the core to return to the Elven court. However, there is a way that Grevara actually survived, so the end of scenario 2 will have a different end page. This will make Sydran and Paxanaria transfer with Meandor to Athla while the Imperial Engineer will struggle to escape from the Shadow Realm.

20200516184636_1.jpg

Hello, I'm back for a few weeks. I uploaded a new version of the campaign xml (as far as English is concerned, I just added capitals to shadow realm, shadow elves, torchbearer, etc in English, and also put a final 'e' to Sanhilde).
I'm under the impression that there are two odd files in the DropBox: Race_Draconians.xml and GameConcepts.xml. If misplaced they are, I could be responsible because it looks like I put files for PBEM mods in SR mod. Do you confirm that these files have nothing to do there?

Sorry, I can't finish first scenario with my old save and the new campaign file (either some incompatibility, or a bug).

What I can say (as a feedback, for lack of anything better):

• On the surface:
- Killing the guardians past Lena Yusca effectively puts a end at the summoners quest.
- As I reported before, I find however a bit strange than the player may find the most potent units at the surface, whereas it is supposed that they are UG near the Gate. I mean, Shadow Demons are okay, but an Ancient Eldritch Horror (Iirc, northern site also spawns AEH)? Moreover, there are no Shadow Demons, and no apprentices amongst the guardians, only "Werlac summons". Perhaps add one invoker stack at the spawn site.
- Given that C will leave as soon as he hears about AEH at the Gate, why not fleshing up his role a little, like having AEH only in the guardian stacks (and not at the normal spawn sites), and then have a dialogue after first fight against them, like: "What a madness! Can't we fight regular foes any day? What was that repugnant thing? I was about to wet myself, if you ask." , Esnodil answering like: "Likely your next nightmare if we don't hurry down." Of course, this dialogue stays optional, as the player is not required to stop the invokers. But I think that this would make the braggart's behaviour more human, in the end.
  • Underground:
- The quest for Frostlings never ended, but I kept them all alive, in case.
- Las Melen has a setting I don't understand: 1 defender stack (hostile ghouls), a bunch of undead stacks all over its domain, and two über stacks in the rear, all of them neutral. I mean that attacking the town doesn't trigger hostility from the neutral stacks.
- It looks like each own neutral stack degraded relation with the city? Anyways, I had to declare war upon the city in order to enter attack it.
- Perhaps those neutrals turn hostile if player rebuild the city, that I didn't check.
- Whenever I trigger the apparition of Sundren, Sydran is killed 1 or 2 turns afterward. Last time this happened, his capital was taken while he still was in the Void. If I recollect the situation down there, you may have wake last villain up as soon as Sundren is met. Given her power and proximity to the forts, Sydran should be overwhelmed in one turn, and then his capital is (was, last time I visited it) left without potent defenders. If so, I'd suggest to move the capital further west, and ensure the player gets 3-4 turns to enter the realm. That should be sufficient to let Sydran come back at his capital. Then the player would have to suffer full press a few turns, before Sydran is back with fresh troops (I mean perhaps one or two spawned reinforcement stacks). Even, as you are the god here, why not magically protect Sydran capital until the player enters the realm and starts scouting: nobody would know that you just invoked then removed some void or unpassable hexes around it!
Again, I tried to concentrate all my army the nearest to the Gate as I could before triggering Sundren's appearance, but nothing to do, Sydran died the turn after (T141).
- One possible related bug: when Sydran is killed before I approach Las Melen (e.g. moving past Vervlukt's capital just after having killed him), game is over, as you'd expect. But if I delay as I did, after Las Melen is razed and all the stacks there are destroyed, then Sydran's death doesn't halt the game; instead, I could concentrate my forces around the gatekeeper stack, and then the game crashde when I ordered the fight: game stuck on max zoom on strategic map, no panning allowed, but selecting troops through UI icons still working...

In short, I have two possibilities now:
- restarting a new campaign with the right files from the start on;
- entering any scenario you give me access to.

But time comes short, as holidays are ahead.

Attachments

• aow3_endOfInvokers2.jpeg
    aow3_endOfInvokers2.jpeg
    213,2 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SRSC1_lasMelenWarDeclared.jpeg
    aow3_SRSC1_lasMelenWarDeclared.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SRSC1_lasMelenDiplomacy.jpeg
    aow3_SRSC1_lasMelenDiplomacy.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Will do.

I attached two saves, which supposedly cover everything in the campaign mission apart from Colm decision.

I noticed that Astral actually tries to clear Sydrans base which supposedly should not happen.

Also it seems that I lost connection with the dropbox content.

Attachments

• Normal Victory Shadow Realm 1.ACG
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Ghouled Victory Shadow Realm 1.ACG
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
Thank you very much. Hiliadan also provided me a save at the end of scenario 2, before a path is chosen. I'll use it if I can't work out with yours (heroes are fully equipped but not maxed, and I'm not as skilled as him :)).

Well I cleared every site. Cleared all quests and on the ghouled victory Sydran and Grevara will start as ghouled in the next map. Little different maybe but that if you disagree with Esnodils advice in the underground.

I hauer myself to victory so it should be maxed into next scenario so I could bypass Astral bug in the shadow realm.

I could succesfully use the normal save.

A quick report here, because of a fatal bug, in case you can quickly fix things!

• Outro scenario 1: text doesn't seem to auto-scroll. I had to move the slidder in order for autoscrolling to start. Perhaps this is normal behaviour, I don't remember other intro/outro.
  • Scenario 2: Archons' encounter: Sydran is wrongly attributed the same message the Archon says on next click. (see screenshots)
  • Also, as soon as the Archon disappear, the forts quest is lost, presumably because occupiers spawn in there (they always did before, and perhaps now, only not in the right order).
  • South Bridge quest and quest marker: granted, I haven't played much, but new bridge seems to be west to Gladenis now; yet texts and dialogue still refer to a southern bridge.
  • First dialogue (?) with Meandor (according to portrait), the turn after I got the knowledge scrolls (on T7)): game hang and I have to force quit
"Error! Data Object.Header: ||" instead of text

That said, a few suggestions (already!):
  • Why not adding a Shadow Elf hunter portrait to scouting hunter's message?
  • Gladenis comes all fine with walls, etc, an one T1 irregular. Though a very useful unit that early in game, what about adding a Hunter as well (or instead?) I don't know if its possible before the research is completed, however. If added, he would be a good asset if the player didn't carry machines over, and he could be placed ahead of the town, where the player triggers the message (not appearing like the Archon, just hanging here, waiting for his chief to come closer)

By the ways, site defenders all look fine now: draconians, shadow elves, creatures.

Attachments

• aow3_SR_scen2_mismatchedDialogue.jpeg
    aow3_SR_scen2_mismatchedDialogue.jpeg
    172,5 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SR_scen2_mismatchedDialogue2.jpeg
    aow3_SR_scen2_mismatchedDialogue2.jpeg
    173,9 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SR_scen2_instantFailedQuest.jpeg
    aow3_SR_scen2_instantFailedQuest.jpeg
    107,6 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SR_scen2_instantFailedQuest2.jpeg
    aow3_SR_scen2_instantFailedQuest2.jpeg
    159,9 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_SR_scen2_southBridgeWest.jpeg
    aow3_SR_scen2_southBridgeWest.jpeg
    113,2 KB · Views: 0
I added a quick fix. Turns out that Meandor has no headers and dialogues linked as this is a refreshment everything had to be relinked. So please update the map in the "exported mods folder" and reload the save when you have updated the map in the user content folder of your local shadow realm expansion

The Hunter should be in place again. :)

I also intend to modify the environmental skydomes a bit. I think it's more annoying to play in this bluish, greyish map all the time on the first scenario.

South Bridge quest and quest marker: granted, I haven't played much, but new bridge seems to be west to Gladenis now; yet texts and dialogue still refer to a southern bridge.

According to the document I probably did not highlight in red so its missed. I guess "sud" in bonjour mastery means south.

The enchanted bridge.L’ancien pont au sudThe old bridge in the south.The old bridge in the south.Зачарованный мост
According to our atlas, the bridge in the western realm must be inspected for its availability. The shadow engineers were able to link magical constructions over the void for troop transport.Selon nos cartes, un pont enchanté se trouve au sud, que nous devrions reconnaître en vue d’une future utilisation. Les ingénieurs des brumes ont en effet été capable d’ériger des constructions magiques à travers le néant afin de permettre à des troupes de voyager rapidement d’une partie du Royaume à l’autre.According to our atlas, the bridge in the southern realm must be inspected for its availability. The shadow engineers were able to link magical constructions over the void for troop transport.According to our atlas, the bridge in the southern realm must be inspected for its availability. The shadow engineers were able to link magical constructions over the void for troop transport.Согласно нашим картам, на западе есть мост, и его доступность нужно проверить. Инженеры Теневых Эльфов смогли связать магические конструкции над пустотой для переброски воинов.

Last edited:
That was quick!

They are 9 entries marked in red in the privet mastery, but as "original column" was not in red, I overlooked them, indeed (bridge, Meandor, Unoras, Quondria), and they are now accounted for.

But they are more of them further up in the file, about scenario intros and outros. Finding any change in English since last time this winter is difficult because I sometimes adapted the translation, and it still looks valid. One day, I will gogoltranslate Russian text to check this.

I need you another time: I put both maps 1 and 2 into the campaign subfolder, and loaded the starting save again, but past the outro, I'm expelled to campaign selection screen, as if the link between scenarii was severed.

Last edited:
That was quick!

They are 9 entries marked in red in the privet mastery, but as "original column" was not in red, I overlooked them, indeed (bridge, Meandor, Unoras, Quondria), and they are now accounted for.

But they are more of them further up in the file, about scenario intros and outros. Finding any change in English since last time this winter is difficult because I sometimes adapted the translation, and it still looks valid. One day, I will gogoltranslate Russian text to check this.

I need you another time: I put both maps 1 and 2 into the campaign subfolder, and loaded the starting save again, but past the outro, I'm expelled to campaign selection screen, as if the link between scenarii was severed.

Hmm.. I can look into it.

And you updated the launcher?

Last edited:
I got to the intro pages and could be played normally from one of the saves I provided. I put the maps in the campaign subfolders of your local updated "shadow realm mod" and replaced the corresponding SR02.map in the campaign folder. Then updated the launcher and reloaded from the saves I provided.

Attachments

• 20200629203505_1.jpg
    20200629203505_1.jpg
    132,3 KB · Views: 0
I could go through the intro pages and start scenario 2 with the save you provided, and it was before the change yesterday.
What do you mean with "update the launcher". I don't test with Steam mod to be sure to have the latest files, and also to avoid that Steam "update" changed xml files. I put all the Dropbox files into a custom folder in UserContent. I just put the map in the Campaigns subfolder, launched the game and reload your save. It loads correctly and when I hit Resume Campaign, I correctly go to the outro screen.

In aow 3 launcher where all mods are with all check boxes. There is button with "update". When mods are updated from steam workshops the launcher indicates with a "!". When you add something locally there is no indication, but still update needs to be pressed.

I don't know why I'd have to hit this Update button, but I happen to have done it to update a Steam mod. Moreover, I deleted the .taf file because I know it is recreated if missing, an in hope this would be useful when you change files in a mod. But I think the reason why I was returning to the campaign selection screen is because I hit the wrong button on the outro ("Return" instead of "Continue"). Lol. I sure was out of phase yesterday...

Scenario 2 is started once again.

• 1Love
Reactions: