• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And as a remark, can you use Wordpad or something when you write your feedback?
I'm using KWrite under linux, and the issue could be that you get UNIX EoL characters. As you haven't complained since the start, I didn't watched this, and I can't correct the file right now, due to hollidays! Next time, I'll convert the text file in a MS format.

Too bad for the scenario-only leaders' names. Players will have to live with "the Vile" and "the Foulmouth". If no solution is found, I'll stick to English names in dialogue's headers. At least, Colm, Meandor, and Grevara are localized.

Too bad for the scenario-only leaders' names. Players will have to live with "the Vile" and "the Foulmouth". If no solution is found, I'll stick to English names in dialogue's headers. At least, Colm, Meandor, and Grevara are localized.

I could problably send a letter to triumph regarding this. Arnout responded earlier on a bug report on email which is the only way to contact triumph usually.

The only way is to create leaders in the rpk and as I remember it was quite big resistance having a few new leaders among the "old" races which is why we wont have any translation for thoose leaders. I might try one thing for both Esnodil and Vervlukt which is a long shot and that is to overwrite there aliases with a new one by killing there hereoes and overwriting them become leaders.

I started testing map 3C. Here is the first feedback:
- I got Morrandir in my line of sight in turn 1 (with the Raptor) and no dialogue was triggered.
- on turn 2, he moved west and then triggered a dialogue "My lord [...]".
- Morrandir must survive has only "Morrandir" as a description.
- when I reached the bridge, I got a dialogue with Werlac and then 2 cities got razed and I got the "Halt the first invastion" quest. It is not displayed as a new notification in my list of notifications so if you don't look at your Quests tab, you don't know they have been added. The 2 sub-quests are also not displayed as notification. I'd suggest making it more explicit with some dialogues or notifications. For instance, there is no mention of a Shadow gate or of demons in the dialogue with Werlac.
- Lasferas was apparently revealed by the dialogue, would be much better if it wasn't.
- Enter the northern Shadow gate reveals a Larva pool in the Shadow Realm. That seems weird to me that we have vision range (in the fog of war) on it. The Quest should first point to the Shadow Gate on the surface layer.
- Would probably be nice to add a dialogue when we meet Sur Carys, of them telling us how dangerous the area is with all the Shadow Demons, etc

Continuation of map 3C tests:

The surface map looks pretty nice! I like its geography, the ferry, etc. (haven't taken it yet)

- I met Esnodil 3 hexes west of Lunaris (on the road) but the dialogue with him ("Meandor! What broughtr you here?") triggered only 2 hexes west of the city.
- a lot of the map is revealed after we ally with Esnodil, might be a bit too much? Also no dialogue explains it, would be nice to have some "I'm going to share intel about the location of various allied cities with you" dialogue.
- same comment as for the northern Shadow gate: the south shadow gate (BTW, I think we should always spell it with capital letters: Shadow Gate) target for the Quest is the one on the Shadow layer, I'd suggest the one on the surface layer.
- when I reached the hex adjacent to the core of Lunaris, I somehow met Allie (don't know how). No dialogue was triggered. We're Neutral.
- the hexes around Lunaris are a bit weird: some (east and south-east) look like mountains but they are Temperate Barren. Same north of the southern razed city, a mountain hex is actually Blighted Barren.
- when I moved 3 hexes west of the southern razed city, I suddenly met Serena, Maab and Kundra. By the way, it's Mab, not Maab. They're all neutral to me.
- I'm also neutral to Werlac which means I have to declare war on him to attack the Shadow Demons for the Quests... Needs to be corrected. It also means Werlac moves next to me but does not attack me either.
- even when at war with Werlac, his Shadow Demons for the northern Shadow Gate Quest do not move to attack me. It might be more challenging if they chase the player?
- the Impassable Mountains preventing the player from moving east are not nice though. At a minimum, they need to be announced through a dialogue, e.g. from Morrandir saying there are very dangerous and impassable mountains running north to south, which means the only practical path is the road to Lunaris.
- the Quest from Allie (I guess it's she must not die) is empty and has no title
- all the alliance and peace signing made me Slightly Good. Is it possible to avoid alignment changes due to the allying with Esnodil and Allie?

Good finds. I will look over them when I have the time.

In general to translators and such.

Drax seem to awake his writing again and inspiration to correct things. There will be coming a huge update on changes towards scenario 2 later and I will highlight Excel document the changes in red when added the new additions.

In general I have plenty of small Rodmar fixes for Scenario 1. The most crucial ones like Colm talking after he is gone.

18/18 units of the dark summoners questhas been removed. Instead a more hardline quest has been added which cannot be reached before events starts occur. A new area has been opened in the sealed off impassable mountain region, it does not require more dialouges.

Several quest has been revamped and closed to not reveal in the beginning who is the enemies.

I will overview the next scenario 2 to add more of the new addition to that.

This will be the main campaign page screen from now on instead of those world map backgrounds that's been like a curse following every scenario so far.

20200106202203_1.jpg

Nice! Won't there be any map though?

Yes of course, it will. The world maps are only on the first display screen while all chapters pages will have a normal background.

I'm organizing the excel content currently, I will add spacing in text with [br/][br/] codes from now on to organize text better since the age of Libreoffice arrived in the campaign excel document.

Should be plenty of new English text changes in the rows highlighted in red

That's very nice! How did you manage to do it?

I tried experimenting with the Photoshop program. I have all sorts of paid tools on my computer now since my girlfriends laptop died and relocated all stuff to mine. But its still difficult to use and not user friendly. Might come up with something better later if get more feeling for the scratch pads.

Good news for the few heroes in the campaign that is not translated yet.

Vervlukt, Esnodil, Mestar, Tren, Astral etc.

I have figured out finally how to set up local leaders in a scenario by finding out how to code in there localization notes directly applied in their names. It turned out that the game reads specific codes which is not stated anywhere at all. So in the next version I can localizate the local scenario leaders without modding them as new leaders.

Scenario 2 has been updated with a new base of script language and a new scenario map. The map has been redesigned with all the new latest features and balance changes. The map is quite different from the last map as the map has been redesigned.

Language and translation will no longer correspond in the excel file. I marked all rows in red. So in case, all LibreOffice people are unable to read the colour of red, please report.

I will try to test this on next week. Is there any branching to be carefull with (saving before a choice), or is the scenario still more or less linear? Do we have to go to special places to test interaction with NPCs (such as the Shadow Elf Master Engineer)?

The map structure has more circular structure. The three harass portal have been removed and the map will play out differently. The broken bridge is now central and its quest is more obvious.

Archon quests has been relocated and the ambushes can now occur at 4 different location thus meaning going the new route will play the ambush scenes at new locations and cannot be avoided if you decide to move the other paths.

The wizard realm is more compact, providing less running.

I found what seems to be another missing bridge on a tactical map: Scen 01, SW bridge on the surface layer, nearest to the Circus.
I engaged from the SE roaming bandits standing on the bridge at two separate occasions (also retesting by reloading automated save). Tactical map features a missing SW-NE bridge model.
I can't say if it's due to a file corruption, given that I havent fought any other battles on a bridge in this playtest.

Attachments

• aow3_SRSC1_map_missingBridge.jpeg
    aow3_SRSC1_map_missingBridge.jpeg
    141,4 KB · Views: 3