• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Continuation of my tests on map 3A:
- turn 6: I took Frostgate and sent a Warg west to the Mithril Mine. I somehow met Werlac, Tempest and Artica, without seeing any of their units. In the log:
[22:07:29][SCRIPT ERROR] Timer TEMPEST_INTRO has elapsed. Cannot start this timer. Call 'TimerReset' first
[22:07:30][SCRIPT ERROR] Timer ARTICA_INTRO has elapsed. Cannot start this timer. Call 'TimerReset' first
- same turn, the game considers I declared war on Werlac and Artica and gives me -400 alignement so on turn 7 I become Evil...
- not sure why there is a Lava Pool west of Frostgate? There is no lore explanation. Might be good to add text about it or move it.
- turn 7: I met Arvick by moving a bit north of Frostage, no message.
- Imanuit has an Ice Scaper who is not moving east of Frostgate, a bit weird
- turn 9: I discovered 2 concealed Raider of Arvick on the road east but still no mesage or anything

Scenario 2 (continued)

Second playthrough: I resigned on T125 or so. Werlac was sending 2-3 stacks of Griffon Riders/Unicorn Riders/Storm Sisters every 5 turns directly at my capital, casting Thunderstorm twice in a row before attacking, (-3000 pop), then Mass Static Shield during the siege, with support units with Phase. My defenders were suffering a perma-morale loss due to a city spell hard to dispel.... virtually pinning me down into defensive stance. I could barely replace my loss in between. To the North, Tren was invading the Archon Dwelling with 6 Manticores, 5 Warlord's T2, and 2 Beetles. I never get to produce a T3 (only T4 Serpents).

Third playthrough:

This time, I play with PBEM & SP mod, Ballista mod, and Fortress Addition Addendum. The main difference is that my item that could seduce units now only scream at them. No more seduced units means a much wealthier starting economy. Also, I postpone the visit to the Draconian town, in the south to not trigger Unoras's hostility, and I postpone travelling through the northern teleporter to not risk an encounter with Tren and Unoras. I headed to my capital instead of clearing the area first. Also, I spare fewer spawn sites: only Larval Pools, and some Warband Camps. yet, not destroying the Elemental nest next to the Draconian city owes me to lose my capital for a few turns. Lastly, I will build forts near any single resource site to have a better economy (and research).

• 1) Log
- M. presented himself and is dispatched as usual.
- T14: Red attack teleporter activated.
- T16: Purple attack teleporter activated.
- T18: Green attack teleporter activated.
- T21: all of a sudden the Elemental roamers evolve from 3-4 Lesser Elementals to 2 full-grown Elementals. I need half of my troops to repell them.
- T31: 3 Elementals at my gates: the pair of archers retreat in the forest.
- T43: After having entered Draconian town's domain, and met Unoras, cleared all the sites around and vassalized Derismentat.
- T45: a single stack from Werlac's army uses the attack teleporter and Werlac declares war on us. Curiously, the stack doesn't head to my capital, to Derismentat, rather. It is destroyed in the open.
- T47: 2 stacks from Tren's army gates through the attack teleporter, and Tren declares war on us. He commands his 2 stacks personnaly, and head south toward Derismentat as well. Caught in the open (3 vs 2) and sent into the Void.
- T52: I used the northern teleporter.
- T53: Tren resigned. Apparently, he was sent again into the Void and his capital captured. I could see through the clouds that all his towns are occupied by Shadow Demon Lords. On the same turn, as a scout approaches the northern bridge and triggers Tren's dialog about "Slaves cities" and I receive the Orc and Goblin Slaves cities' quest. meeting with the Archons, I get the Cache's quest as well.
- T54: Tren razed his two slave cities, being "Worthless slaves". and I got the credit for this (again!): Razed his own city (-200 Alignment) + Razed occupied town (-150 Alignment) 0.o Apparently, the event doesn't test for Tren's life/death? From now on, Grevara will travel from town to town and capture them from their Shadow Demon Lords occupiers.
- T77: Rozia Kratzer rebuild as a SE village. Kzaria vassalized. Sille Fra left into ruins until later in game. Archon Dwelling has been captured by Unoras and not recovered yet.
- T78 Kzaria absorbed (bought).
- T82: Shadow Demon Lords captured one of the northern cities again. It was the last time. In the north, I left two Larval Pool and one Warband Camp to gain XP. I had to garrison two cities (at first, I used Twisted Roots and 2 archers, and then 4 archers are enough vs 2-3 SD Lords.
- T83: AS an example, this attack of Werlac against my capital is only 4xTitans, 2xWraith King, 1xApprentice, 4xT1.
- T88: Yvan Rianda vassalized.
- T89: M. declares war on Werlac.
- T91: Krandor Than, former Tren's capital, absorbed (bought). Werlac's next attack on my capital is feeble (1xTitan, 2xWraith King, 1xUnicorn Rider).
- T94: Archon Dwelling retaken from Unoras.
- T96: Yvan Rianda begged for absorption (refused) at the same time as its quest was won, whereas I had no troops near this vassal city. Perhaps the Whisps attacked the city's defenders, and I was credited the victory?
- T107: Werlac's attack on our capital deorganized: one stack can be dealt with before twomore stacks arrive, thanksfully. Herosia captured. Like Hurlington, it was defended by but a single stack. I would camp next to the Revenant Archon Dwelling, all the time both cities got vassalized.
- T127: Last Werlac's attack on my capital is few in numbers (2 Griffon Riders, 1 Unicorn Rider, 1 Trebuchet, 4 support units). He leaves Trandor with but 4 support units as a garrison, whereas I have 2 stacks waiting nearby. Trandor got captured and razed (Werlac had cast Scorched Earth on it). Werlac's last assets are in the center of the map.
A scout triggers last Unoras's trap. It's huge! I estimates its support cost as 284 gold. Wouldn't this impair his economy?
- T128: As I retreated toward the Revenant Archon's Dwelling and the attack teleporter, Unoras rushed out of his domain with 4 potent stacks, plus 3 stacks worth of surviving allies. It looks like he was constrained all the time when Trandor was standing up (?).
- T130: Unoras's allies have been attacking my retreating Grevara, and destroyed, but Unoras's forces head towardthe attack teleporter and my capital.
- T131: Unoras is vainquished in two siege battles at my capital. I was overconfident and ill-prepared (I badly arranged my defender stacks) and it was a Pyrrhic victory (I lost 2 stacks of defenders in a 3 vs 4 siege with 3 Altars of Judgement dealing 80 damage per bolt before I could thin their number). At least siege machines performed well against Altars and Umbral Weavers. As soon as Unoras was sent into the Void, I won the "Stop Unoras" quest. Isn't it odd, knowing that Unoras would have returned, should I haven't captured his capital on the next turn?
- T132: Unoras vainquished. A single stack was defending his capital.
- T137: Saliadan vassalized.
- T165: All cities are rebuild and in my empire. I still have 3 Larval Pools and 3 Warband Camps to grind a little XP.
Now, what's next? How to go to the Nexus, where Werlac has 13+ stacks of T2/T3? How to meet with M. who built an imposant army around his capital as well? Two "Shadow Gates" aren't functionnal, and I haven't found the entrance of the third attack teleporter.

Attachments

• aow3_SRCE2_T165_whatNext.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE2_T165_whatNext.jpeg
    187,5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Now on "bugs".

• 2) Dialogues and typos:
In quest "Orc and Goblin Slaves":
"Tren Enyrar have pens" -> "Tren Enyrar has pens" (except if the phrase means Tren's forces).

Sydran's dialog about Southern Bridge's quest completion:
"We discovered from the other side of the bridge had been broken"
-> "We discovered from the other side that the bridge had been broken"
"Unoras and Werlac was behind this"
-> "Unoras and Werlac were behind this"
"We should proceed and they on our guard"
-> "We should proceed and be on our guard"
"They are proceed"
-> "They have proceed" ??

Suggested reordering of sentences:
"We discovered..."
"The southern bridge is now..."
"Unoras and Werlac were..."
"We should proceed..."

Other dialogues:
Werlac seems to use the same lines on two occurrences:
- when Player captures his cache (northern Archon Fort);
- when Player loses his capital and the game.
"I see you survived, faith is on your side. The Archons seized my power over the Portal..."
Does it mean that the Archons' counter-incantation just worked as intended? This is not clear at all, as for me!

• 3) Sites on map:
- Crypt of Knowledge (near Derismentat), and a gold mine (near the northern teleporter), at least, are quite below ground level.
- Forbidden Sancturary and Ruins of an Ancient Mage Tower don't provide any MCU (nor are said to provide any). Is this intended for balance purpose? They only grant 30 mana or knowledge a turn.
- Celestial Pool only grants Happiness when in domain. There is no reward when exploring it (besides XP from the defenders), and no effect when visiting it.
- Shadow Weed: replacer is not defined in description: {shadowWeedTurns}.

• 4) Tactical Tooltip:
I don't remember if Wrapped in Shadow has a tooltip line when the unit is attacked by, say, a lightning bolt, or an Elven Apprentice ranged attack. No "Missile Resistance" line is displayed.

I'm quite surprise by the difference in difficulty between this playthrough and the last one. I changed things a bit, but that shouldn't explain the difference. I chose the "Replay" option in the menu. Does this automatically lower the difficulty settings?
During this playthrough, I was pleasantly surprised by the update to Flowrock Citadel and Focus Chamber. That was fast, thank you. I'd like to know if you altered other things that would explain the change in diffulty.

On this playthrough, I was very lucky that Tren falls to the Shadow Demon Lords, but it looks like my enemies attacked me with troops produced in their "frontline" cities: Hurlington for Unoras, Trandor, Herosia, and the Revenant Archon Dwelling for Werlac. Capture the cities, and it's over. Werlac never looked forward capturing former Tren's cities. M. was never seen within Werlac/Unoras domain... Both kept producing troops at their capital without sending them through the teleporters.

Attachments

• aow3_SRCE2_MeandorFound.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE2_MeandorFound.jpeg
    241,1 KB · Views: 42
  • aow3_SRCE2_southernBridgeDialogueSydran.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE2_southernBridgeDialogueSydran.jpeg
    204,8 KB · Views: 37
  • aow3_SRCE2_WerlacFarewell_fort.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE2_WerlacFarewell_fort.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
ontinuation of my tests on map 3A:
- turn 6: I took Frostgate and sent a Warg west to the Mithril Mine. I somehow met Werlac, Tempest and Artica, without seeing any of their units. In the log:
[22:07:29][SCRIPT ERROR] Timer TEMPEST_INTRO has elapsed. Cannot start this timer. Call 'TimerReset' first
[22:07:30][SCRIPT ERROR] Timer ARTICA_INTRO has elapsed. Cannot start this timer. Call 'TimerReset' first
- same turn, the game considers I declared war on Werlac and Artica and gives me -400 alignement so on turn 7 I become Evil...
- not sure why there is a Lava Pool west of Frostgate? There is no lore explanation. Might be good to add text about it or move it.
- turn 7: I met Arvick by moving a bit north of Frostage, no message.
- Imanuit has an Ice Scaper who is not moving east of Frostgate, a bit weird
- turn 9: I discovered 2 concealed Raider of Arvick on the road east but still no mesage or anything

Some normal bugs. The scenario itself has a couple of timers set to "true" by accident. Some larva pools is there on a guest play. Otherwise there is much of lacking content for now on. The map itself seems to work apart from all the timing.

Scenario 2 (continued)

• 1) Log
- M. presented himself and is dispatched as usual.
- T14: Red attack teleporter activated.
- T16: Purple attack teleporter activated.
- T18: Green attack teleporter activated.
- T21: all of a sudden the Elemental roamers evolve from 3-4 Lesser Elementals to 2 full-grown Elementals. I need half of my troops to repell them.
- T31: 3 Elementals at my gates: the pair of archers retreat in the forest.
- T43: After having entered Draconian town's domain, and met Unoras, cleared all the sites around and vassalized Derismentat.
- T45: a single stack from Werlac's army uses the attack teleporter and Werlac declares war on us. Curiously, the stack doesn't head to my capital, to Derismentat, rather. It is destroyed in the open.
- T47: 2 stacks from Tren's army gates through the attack teleporter, and Tren declares war on us. He commands his 2 stacks personnaly, and head south toward Derismentat as well. Caught in the open (3 vs 2) and sent into the Void.
- T52: I used the northern teleporter.
- T53: Tren resigned. Apparently, he was sent again into the Void and his capital captured. I could see through the clouds that all his towns are occupied by Shadow Demon Lords. On the same turn, as a scout approaches the northern bridge and triggers Tren's dialog about "Slaves cities" and I receive the Orc and Goblin Slaves cities' quest. meeting with the Archons, I get the Cache's quest as well.
- T54: Tren razed his two slave cities, being "Worthless slaves". and I got the credit for this (again!): Razed his own city (-200 Alignment) + Razed occupied town (-150 Alignment) 0.o Apparently, the event doesn't test for Tren's life/death? From now on, Grevara will travel from town to town and capture them from their Shadow Demon Lords occupiers.

The slave pens do not test for individual players. If they are razed, then Sydran gets the blame for sure. However, next update provides a solution which gives it a more reason to actually defend itself from all those roamers. Possible also keeping Tren alive. I might look into the player of Tren to see if the option for surrender actually is set to true or not. A.i should never resign.

- T77: Rozia Kratzer rebuild as a SE village. Kzaria vassalized. Sille Fra left into ruins until later in game. Archon Dwelling has been captured by Unoras and not recovered yet.
- T78 Kzaria absorbed (bought).
- T82: Shadow Demon Lords captured one of the northern cities again. It was the last time. In the north, I left two Larval Pool and one Warband Camp to gain XP. I had to garrison two cities (at first, I used Twisted Roots and 2 archers, and then 4 archers are enough vs 2-3 SD Lords.
- T83: AS an example, this attack of Werlac against my capital is only 4xTitans, 2xWraith King, 1xApprentice, 4xT1.
- T88: Yvan Rianda vassalized.
- T89: M. declares war on Werlac.
- T91: Krandor Than, former Tren's capital, absorbed (bought). Werlac's next attack on my capital is feeble (1xTitan, 2xWraith King, 1xUnicorn Rider).
- T94: Archon Dwelling retaken from Unoras.
- T96: Yvan Rianda begged for absorption (refused) at the same time as its quest was won, whereas I had no troops near this vassal city. Perhaps the Whisps attacked the city's defenders, and I was credited the victory?
- T107: Werlac's attack on our capital deorganized: one stack can be dealt with before twomore stacks arrive, thanksfully. Herosia captured. Like Hurlington, it was defended by but a single stack. I would camp next to the Revenant Archon Dwelling, all the time both cities got vassalized.
- T127: Last Werlac's attack on my capital is few in numbers (2 Griffon Riders, 1 Unicorn Rider, 1 Trebuchet, 4 support units). He leaves Trandor with but 4 support units as a garrison, whereas I have 2 stacks waiting nearby. Trandor got captured and razed (Werlac had cast Scorched Earth on it). Werlac's last assets are in the center of the map.
A scout triggers last Unoras's trap. It's huge! I estimates its support cost as 284 gold. Wouldn't this impair his economy?

The a.i have a boost in their economy. So they can handle the ambush scripts without running dry on the money. Otherwise, I think the balance is sufficient. Probably more defenders.

- T128: As I retreated toward the Revenant Archon's Dwelling and the attack teleporter, Unoras rushed out of his domain with 4 potent stacks, plus 3 stacks worth of surviving allies. It looks like he was constrained all the time when Trandor was standing up (?).
- T130: Unoras's allies have been attacking my retreating Grevara, and destroyed, but Unoras's forces head towardthe attack teleporter and my capital.
- T131: Unoras is vainquished in two siege battles at my capital. I was overconfident and ill-prepared (I badly arranged my defender stacks) and it was a Pyrrhic victory (I lost 2 stacks of defenders in a 3 vs 4 siege with 3 Altars of Judgement dealing 80 damage per bolt before I could thin their number). At least siege machines performed well against Altars and Umbral Weavers. As soon as Unoras was sent into the Void, I won the "Stop Unoras" quest. Isn't it odd, knowing that Unoras would have returned, should I haven't captured his capital on the next turn?

Sometimes a.i has strange behaviour. They seem "afraid" and when they get an opening they rush like crazy to overtaking your throne. The reason is probably that your throne is very unprotected from the attack gates. How is the attack gates working by the way?

- T132: Unoras vainquished. A single stack was defending his capital.
- T137: Saliadan vassalized.
- T165: All cities are rebuild and in my empire. I still have 3 Larval Pools and 3 Warband Camps to grind a little XP.
Now, what's next? How to go to the Nexus, where Werlac has 13+ stacks of T2/T3? How to meet with M. who built an imposant army around his capital as well? Two "Shadow Gates" aren't functionnal, and I haven't found the entrance of the third attack teleporter.

This is a problem on the steam version. I believe will rebuild this section because it started to malfunction quite for some time where the last gate "should" create a passage to the next area. Which it dont so I will problably make a new entrance. Otherwise, to get on with the scenario from this point on the steam version of the campaign. "Hein" for the win.

2) Dialogues and typos:
I update the onces I can.

3) Sites on map:
I cannot do too much about the sites except for the ground thing. Rest is up for the mod team to define.

I'm quite surprise by the difference in difficulty between this playthrough and the last one. I changed things a bit, but that shouldn't explain the difference. I chose the "Replay" option in the menu. Does this automatically lower the difficulty settings?
During this playthrough, I was pleasantly surprised by the update to Flowrock Citadel and Focus Chamber. That was fast, thank you. I'd like to know if you altered other things that would explain the change in diffulty.

It depends, were you playing in hard and went back to mission screen? If so, it will probably adjust back to normal again on selection. Not entirely sure, otherwise it's pure luck to have a "less" aggressive bunch of enemies.

On this playthrough, I was very lucky that Tren falls to the Shadow Demon Lords, but it looks like my enemies attacked me with troops produced in their "frontline" cities: Hurlington for Unoras, Trandor, Herosia, and the Revenant Archon Dwelling for Werlac. Capture the cities, and it's over. Werlac never looked forward capturing former Tren's cities. M. was never seen within Werlac/Unoras domain... Both kept producing troops at their capital without sending them through the teleporters.

I'm looking to alter this actually. Problably change it just a bit.

The slave pens do not test for individual players. If they are razed, then Sydran gets the blame for sure.
Who razed then? Both times I get a dialogue from Tren saying that they are worthless and deserve to die. They are razed even before I cross the northern bridge. More oddly, they are razed after Tren's death, and yet, I get Tren's dialog.

I might look into the player of Tren to see if the option for surrender actually is set to true or not. A.i should never resign.
I wasn't clear. He didn't resigned. His capital was captured by Shadow Demon Lords while he was in the Void. According to the turn number, he had just returning from the Void where I put him, when the Demons attacked.

The a.i have a boost in their economy. So they can handle the ambush scripts without running dry on the money. Otherwise, I think the balance is sufficient. Probably more defenders.
I'd see the ambush force more potent, as they are encountered quite late in the game. There were 2 Lords only. 9 Harvesters, 8 Bombards, and 3 Larvae. I'd have one Lord per stack, for example. At this point in the game, Larvae are rather a joke.

The reason is probably that your throne is very unprotected from the attack gates. How is the attack gates working by the way?
Garrison was 5 stacks of T1/T2, 4 Ballistae, 2 Trebuchets, 1 Leader. What do you mean by "How working"? Tren used his own once (before losing). Werlac used his own every 5-10 turns. Unoras never used Werlac's one. Meandor never used one, on this playthrough.
By the way, isn't it odd that a A.I. leader gates to the player's capital, and cut himself from his cities?

It depends, were you playing in hard and went back to mission screen? If so, it will probably adjust back to normal again on selection.
I play on normal (as per Shadow Realm settings) since the beginning. I only hit the "Replay" button, instead of reloading an early saved game.

• 4) Tactical Tooltip (Wrapped in Shadows):
Here are some screenshots: Shouldn't the tooltip about the Exterminator mentions that he benefits from Missile Resistance ("Évitement des projectiles")? Elven Apprentice's mention that.
  • 5) Tactical maps:
Some maps seem to lack features:
- Shadow Realm Ruined City
- Shadow Realm Warband Camp

Attachments

• aow3_SRCE_tacticalCityRuinsUnpassableHex.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_tacticalCityRuinsUnpassableHex.jpeg
    235,9 KB · Views: 23
  • aow3_SRCE_tacticalUnvisibleObstacle.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_tacticalUnvisibleObstacle.jpeg
    251,4 KB · Views: 25
  • aow3_SRCE_tacticalUnvisibleObstacle2.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_tacticalUnvisibleObstacle2.jpeg
    215,5 KB · Views: 32
  • aow3_SRCE_WarcampUnpassable.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_WarcampUnpassable.jpeg
    209,4 KB · Views: 21
  • aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows.jpeg
    282,6 KB · Views: 23
  • aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows2.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows2.jpeg
    283,5 KB · Views: 41
  • aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows3.jpeg
    aow3_SRCE_wrappedInShadows3.jpeg
    209,4 KB · Views: 23
On the first scenario:

There should be plenty of updates and new additions. Many bug fixes and smaller exploits have been taken care of.

The areas around the surface have now new names and the "Las Melen" quest has now a bigger impact on the player then it had before. There are a few new areas also placed in the surface for the player to discover. Vervlukt has now become more potent than before and has reduced its use of "Shrines of Storm" spam.

Mostly, it's no longer possible to camp on top of the surface by hiding on top of the portal. There can be some issues on timing, however, I tried myself to discover if the method works out and it should.

On the second scenario:

The map has updates in the shadow realm and plenty of new texts revisions. There should also be fixes for both scripts and some rare occasions of bad timings. The troublesome Meandor script that created an impossible continuation of the scenario has been removed. Instead, it's now possible to enter Meandor's base and from now on Meandor will also attack the player.

For the most part, the map will function mostly the same as previously. I have not yet managed to activate the alternate scenes for item scripts regarding "Meandor's Autobiography" due to its complexity.

On the 3A scenario:

So far, the timing of dialogues has changed. Some new additions and the "Ice Nova" area has been scrapped and instead becoming a base for Arvik and his allies hopefully giving them an edge on the battlefield.

Some other parts of the maps have some smaller changes. But the map is still highly unfinished due to all missing quests.

On the 3B scenario:

The map has four layers. Terrain wise the map is still on progress and is worked on still.

On the 3C scenario:

The main part of the map is completed terrain wise. The other unrelated areas of the Age of Wonders 1 scenario is yet to be defined and mixed into the map.

Please say that there isn't going to be a giant horde of Archon Revenants led by Nekron? That would be utterly terrifying and the idea will not leave my head. Or the idea that Nekron is the one responsible for the Revenants in the first place as a twisted form of revenge........

Please say that there isn't going to be a giant horde of Archon Revenants led by Nekron? That would be utterly terrifying and the idea will not leave my head. Or the idea that Nekron is the one responsible for the Revenants in the first place as a twisted form of revenge........

Nah, Nekron has a different approach. Still considering his role. Over using archon revenant is not always the best thing to do. I might consider him to have a lesser role. However, Yaka will problably dominate the 3B map more than Nekron.

Nekron could however use alot of "bones". If you remembered the dragon graveyard scenario from Wizard throne you might get an idea what Im talking about

On latest revision cycle for Scenario 2. Everything is functional now, including the most necessary scripts and crucial scripts. Along the production of the map some of the aliases were wrong stopping testers from completing the map at all. Now they work.

~ Replaced scripts that became corrupted.
~ Removed the Archon city in the beginning. It did not function properly and felt poorly designed when it was in a peace state whole time anyway.
~ The first Archon scene in the beginning should actually more be in line with the story now when remade.
~ The off limit sign is removed and is replaced by a new area. Only available if player performs quests happening in the first scenario.
~ Werlac should have increased power when he now have a heart of shadows.
~ Meandor actually have a working third scene.
~ Upon scenario choice a "beta warning" was added in the message to inform people regarding which scenario is working.
~ Serveral of the enemy cities has defenders that stays within borders and patrol their cities.

Still under investigation
~ Different dialouge upon item drop from Meandor. I'm not entirely sure if I can pull this off, still looking into this and experimenting.

Hello. I'm returning to testing (with PBEM & SP Balance mod 1.27).

• 1) First scene is fine. I mean great.

• 2) Archons are spawned as site defenders. while this setting is in line with the scenario, I feel sad having to slain those fellows in order to explore a Gemstone Mine (e.g.). I'm not even proposed a reddition with but my starting stack. Could it be possible to specifically force Archons defenders to automatically surrender the site they are guarding to the player's side? Or would you prefer to remove them from the defenders list?

• 3) Through I couldn't test this yet again, I remember something that wronged me a little in the former testing. Warband Camps are basically recycled Bandit Camps. They are said to house renegades, and indeed, their initial defenders can be T1 SE (Arcane Archers, e.g.). Then, they produce only the usual bandit roamers. I think that, if it's possible, they could spawn T1 SE and Draconians, as well as the usual bandit mix (and only SE and Draconians, because they should be former Unoras' forces).

• 4) I stumbled on what looks apparently like a script bug. I triggered it twice (using a reload). Note that I haven't loaded the SR RMG mod, playing only with SR Content mod (.taf taken from the DropBox) (and Fortress Addition Addendum mod, for what's worth).
When I first moved my army and attack a bandit stack adjacent to both the southern bridge's eastern tower and the nearby warband camp (in a tower-stack-camp triangular disposition), I experienced an immediat CTD (circa T14).
On my second try, CTD happened even before I closed the bandits (circa 4-5 cells to the east of the tower). I could only briefly see a leader window as if I met another leader, or a leader had declared war on me.

Point 2, 3 and 4

Well, its possible to add some custom flavour to warband camp and gemstone mines.

First time I encounter a crash on this Southern bridge. A spawn could possible have tripped the marker on top of it. They should problably be moved elsewhere so they do not conflict.

Map 3A:
- turn 13: I took Icewerk Floe. As said on Steam chat, if they do not exist yet, might make sense to add dialogues to explain you need to take all the cities to unlock the Cave Entrance. Also, I'd suggest adding 2 Ice Scapers as defenders of the city. Otherwise it's hard, but if you split the AI well, not so hard.
- not sure how we can deal with that, but, as Fluksen already reported, we can see Tempest's and others' battles thanks to Whispers of the Fallen, including on the Shadow Realm layer. (note: Werlack disjuncted Whispers on turn 16... looks like it's going to be tough to maintain it)
- when I got out of the Cave, Birnhilda was in front of me with 2 stacks. Then she retreated and headed towards Imanuit, with whom she is at war. But she apparently did not attack her and continued past her. If there is no dialogue about that in the current version, would be worth adding some, to understand what's going on and the relationships between characters.

turn 13: I took Icewerk Floe. As said on Steam chat, if they do not exist yet, might make sense to add dialogues to explain you need to take all the cities to unlock the Cave Entrance. Also, I'd suggest adding 2 Ice Scapers as defenders of the city. Otherwise it's hard, but if you split the AI well, not so hard.

Might focus on adding further information on the quest quest log or write a new scene. Two ice scraper okey.

- not sure how we can deal with that, but, as Fluksen already reported, we can see Tempest's and others' battles thanks to Whispers of the Fallen, including on the Shadow Realm layer. (note: Werlack disjuncted Whispers on turn 16... looks like it's going to be tough to maintain it)

We can turn it off local in the settings. However if its hard to maintain, it might make it indifferent.

when I got out of the Cave, Birnhilda was in front of me with 2 stacks. Then she retreated and headed towards Imanuit, with whom she is at war. But she apparently did not attack her and continued past her. If there is no dialogue about that in the current version, would be worth adding some, to understand what's going on and the relationships between characters.

Problably something Arvik is already or can explain in a scene. Their is some dialouges about it I think

I did "barentz" to check the strength of the AI because Imanuit seemed to have only a few T1 defending her cities and had left unexplored a Gold Mine in Hauls' domain, which seemed weird.

Imanuit seems very weak and apparently has produced no or very few units since the beginning of the game. (I'm still turn 16). I'd suggest boosting her a bit, otherwise it's too easy.
Also, I find it weird what Birnhilda is doing. She is moving back through the domain of 3 cities of Imanuit, without attacking them (and some are defended only by a few T1 including a Battering Ram - by the way I find it weird the AI has Battering Ram? did it produce them?), so easy to capture) but they're at war?

And if we're deep in Frostling homeland, I would expect more cities to have Walls and more buildings?

Some issues:
- Ensagla not yet still unnamed at Imanuit's Brunsund.
- there is a Mithril Mine at the border of the domain of Brunsund. Mithril Mines should be found only UG, so should be replaced by a Gold Mine.
- I guess you know it but there is a panel "Artica map, Brishka?" south west of Kairdon
- that's a vanilla issue (not related to the campaign) but Arctica cast Dread Omen on my cities and it has no effect because they're Undead so I'd remove Dread Omen from Artica's spell to prevent her from wasting mana.

Continuation of my test:
- turn 16: I capture Hauls
- turn 17: I capture Kairdon. The 2 cities are pretty close so if the AI is weak, it makes things very easy for the human player
- turn 19: suddenly I get a message from Arvik ("They Shadowborn have brought chaos [...]", by the way, should be "The Shadowborn", shouldn't it?), while I'm seeing Birnhilda escaping west, and her city is in flame. Not sure what triggered it. And finally the 2 concealed Arvik units UG moved. They went out of the Cave.
I capture Carstor.
- turn 21: Tempest shows up at Kairdon with 1 Knight, 1 Fire Wyvern and 1 Cavalry but with no message of introduction. Would be good to have a message when we meet him.
I killed Imanuit at her Throne, defeating her. She had 3 stacks, so sufficient defense (mainly thanks to her 95 CP and many summons... 95 CP!!! oO), but it's weird she didn't clear any sites in her domain in all her cities.

The main updates currently has been about adding the missing contents for the story pages.

I dont think I will add so many more story pages for the campaign unless their is a needed reason for it. Except for the missing outro pages for 3b and intro/outro for pages for 3c

So descriptions has been added for scenario 2, 3a and 3b.

Two new mission pages for scenario 2 and three new outro pages dependable on which path taken. Also for the record, none of the outro pages shows up unless the player actually finish the scenario.

Scenario 3A has a new mission description and one intro page.

Scenario 3B has a new mission description and one intro page.

On balance changes for 3A Im overlooking some smaller details and also 90% of the cities has unique names from now to better identify problems.

Last edited:
Being in an relationship with an graphical artist can have some benificial result. The campaign is missing serveral background for the story pages and It might be something experimental so far creating graphical content for the campaign.

So, today a scetch were drawn for Grevara a character from the campaign. Its pretty possible it can become something out of it. If not, its at least a learning experience for my girlfriend trying new things as a illustrator.

The vision is to make Grevara stand in a library practising the art of dreadnoughts at the imperial academy. Its experimental and could not lead to anything, but looks promising as a raw scetch.

IMG_20190512_213213.jpg

Update 3B
-----------------
The campaign scenario has come further in production.

A 4 layer map has created a very long process of creation. The map is almost finished, but need some more tuning and adjustment before I'm satisfied.

The scripting is of course one on the most time consuming things as usual. However, the map has introduced some neat terrain effects like fire craters with steam, boiling water, fire in water and death chambers that Nekron has set up. The result will be something more cooler than not seen before.

I took some time think through the course of the scenario design to break up the party of heroes available and give it a path of being a "Archon champion". Hopefully this will provide the player a more interestesting approach to play this scenario.

As, in all it will be a similiar approach like 3a, but the missions first half of the scenario will have bigger impact on the gameplay for the first 60 turns.

Update 3C
--------------------
The map is a possible scenario where Meandor act in his own best interest. This map has succesfully recreated the scenario from the aow 1 campaign displayed in the middle of the Serpent river. The map will provide serveral references from Shadow magic and the aow 1 campaign.

This map will display the outcome of Werlacs plan and likely how the Shadowborn faction succeed with their goals. As far as it goes it will be the map where Esnodil returns and also another memorable character namly Morrandir.

neat terrain effects like fire craters with steam, boiling water, fire in water and death chambers

How did you manage to do that visually?
Also, wasn't 3B the map with the "adventure gameplay"? Where you have just 1 stack and you need to survive some time without city?

How did you manage to do that visually?
Also, wasn't 3B the map with the "adventure gameplay"? Where you have just 1 stack and you need to survive some time without city?

For roughly 60 turns there won't be any cities. The adventure set's of directly when the shadow gate opens on a bad spot and gets destroyed in the process. Leaving the party stranded and divided.

To visualize one thing with steam coming out of cracks is more a thing combining various lightning and then script it to make them "poff" in a sequence.

20190501133808_1.jpg