• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't believe this has been going on for so long :O I am now on page 102... really hope you're going to continue it, it's a great read! I know the last update was pretty long ago but I don't consider this thread necromancy as it's not really dead... it has seen much longer periods of inactivity, right?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm reading! And thank you for providing me with such entertainment! I really loved this thus far!

Queston is, will you try the same in Eu4? :D

I seriously cannot believe you started this AAR when Eu3 first came out and it is still not finished. :rofl:
Then again, wine becomes better over age, just like this AAR. :p

Well, I've finally finished. Whew, more then a month since reaching page 102!

This was just so huge, but well worth it. Though I'm a bit sad that you annexed England recently, I mean, you had the opportunity of having both "Great" Britain and England alive at the same time, with England being in Ireland, and you let it pass! :p

Anyway, as others have said, I would love to see you try the same in EU4. It would be just great to see where things diverge between the two stories. I also noticed you said that you wanted to do a Narrative AAR for EU4. Wouldn't it just be perfect if you attempted the same, but in EU4, and in narrative format?

(I'd read Fire Warms, I'm pretty interested in that time period and I really want to read a narrative AAR by you, but I just don't wanna embark on another such large reading project now that school is coming...)

Anyway, this was great. Keep it up! I wanna see the end now!

Well, I've finally finished. Whew, more then a month since reaching page 102!

This was just so huge, but well worth it. Though I'm a bit sad that you annexed England recently, I mean, you had the opportunity of having both "Great" Britain and England alive at the same time, with England being in Ireland, and you let it pass! :p

Anyway, as others have said, I would love to see you try the same in EU4. It would be just great to see where things diverge between the two stories. I also noticed you said that you wanted to do a Narrative AAR for EU4. Wouldn't it just be perfect if you attempted the same, but in EU4, and in narrative format?

(I'd read Fire Warms, I'm pretty interested in that time period and I really want to read a narrative AAR by you, but I just don't wanna embark on another such large reading project now that school is coming...)

Anyway, this was great. Keep it up! I wanna see the end now!

Hi, Panzer Commader!

I'm always (ALWAYS!) impressed when someone reads this through all the way. It's a LOT of stuff! :) But it's been great fun to play. Seems to me like I even played a little more on it not too long ago ("not to long ago" being within the last 6 months lol). And I do really intend to finish. Just a matter of time. I don't have time for my other AARs anymore, but maybe I can get this one finished because it takes alot less effort to produce an update than the others do.

Thanks for mentioning Fire Warms! I do hope you get to read it. I'm really proud of it, and it's my favorite AAR I've produced. I enjoy writing narrative fiction, and would have a blast doing EU4, but now I'm not sure I'll have time to do it. Reason being...

I've actually been away for about 4 months now writing a REAL fantasy novel! Like one you can buy in paperback or e-book on Amazon. :D I swear I'm only about a month away from getting it in print (self publishing). It's going to be called Uprooted, and is sort of a murder mystery in a fantasy setting.

I have another dozen novels (or more) set up to follow in the same fantasy realm, plus I want to re-write Fire Warms as actual printed novels, starting with a prequel about Wilhelm I when he was a young boy in the Napoleonic Wars. I just ordered yet another 2 research books to help with that subject yesterday, and am looking forward to having time to write it.

Anyway if anybody's interested I'd be glad to keep folks posted here (no links) when I get this fiction book out.

Thanks for your support and encouragement! I'll see if I can get another update done here not long from now.

Rensslaer

Hey, Rensslaer! I'm very happy to hear about your book plans. Especially about your plan to turn an AAR of yours into an actual novel! Good luck on that.

Well finally decided to sit down and start reading this! Only about ten pages in but enjoying it quite a bit so far. And truly amazed that you've had it going on for this long!

Now I wish I would have time to read your old epics. :(

This is still probably the oldest AAR I'm still following. Older than my forum membership, and this AAR was one of the reasons I subbed in the first place, to comment on this and several other 07 Eu3 AARs. :)

I'll bet it surprises Rensslaer that it is still on going, that it isn't finished and that it still gets views

Hey, Chief! Yes, it's a little startling to think it's still going. I know it still gets views -- I watch that -- but I'm actually surprised that it's gotten so many posts recently! I'm catching up on that now (replied to Panzer Commader earlier). Thanks for your enduring loyalty!

Would love to see this in EU4.

Welcome, Bradeh! I have EU 4, but I'm finding I don't really have time to play anymore. Got lots of projects underway, such as fiction books I'm writing.

Hey, Rensslaer! I'm very happy to hear about your book plans. Especially about your plan to turn an AAR of yours into an actual novel! Good luck on that.

Thanks, Qorten! I really appreciate it!

Just let me know where I can get them (books)

I will! I'll post how to find them (no links) when they're ready. I'm almost done with one. I thought I'd be done in August, but I've been improving it successively. :)

Part of me wants to see more of this AAR, but an actual book would be awesome too.

Welcome, Redmess! I don't know that I'll have any books on this period in our history line. Some of my books will be fantasy/medieval settings, but in a different world (I call it Orinthia). My historical fiction is going to start in 1814, as sort of a prequel to Fire Warms. I'll also hopefully pick up on the Castles in the Sky story, set in 1807 or so.

Well finally decided to sit down and start reading this! Only about ten pages in but enjoying it quite a bit so far. And truly amazed that you've had it going on for this long!

Thanks! Welcome, Tnick! Let me know how far you've gotten. How's your Milan AAR going? I apologize I haven't had time to check in over there recently.

Now I wish I would have time to read your old epics. :(

This is still probably the oldest AAR I'm still following. Older than my forum membership, and this AAR was one of the reasons I subbed in the first place, to comment on this and several other 07 Eu3 AARs. :)

I wish you had time for Fire Warms too! :) Thanks for keeping track of all these. I think Fire Warms would be worth your time, in my humble opinion :D, if you could find the time. I'm really proud of it!

I may find time to continue updates to this AAR in the relatively near future. We'll see. Right now my laptop (it's 6 years old) isn't booting, and I have to figure out what's wrong before I can get to those files. I think I have all the existing screenshots and text backed up on flash drives, but I'm not sure if I have the EU 3 games backed up.

I'll be back once my book is out there! Hoping to have it published this month, but it might be January at the rate things are going.

Thanks for your continued readership and interest in my writing!

Rensslaer

Thanks! Welcome, Tnick! Let me know how far you've gotten. How's your Milan AAR going? I apologize I haven't had time to check in over there recently.

Actually just finished reading all the updates up to the last one. Amazed by how big your Milan has grown! And it was a very entertaining read seeing how you conquered all of that!

My Milan AAR is going well, although expansion hasn't happened much in it. I'm to 1505 in it and have only added three provinces to Milan, so my expansion is going at a turtles pace compared to where you were by that time :) When I saw how far you'd gotten with Milan by 1498 I was like "Damn!" I need to kick it in gear! Although I do have a Sforza on the French throne.

But no worries about not having the time to check in on my Milan AAR, it will be around for a while. Although I doubt I'll manage to get my Sforza's ruling that much of the world!

I do look forward to seeing how this AAR ends and looking forward to the next update whenever that may come :)

Just let me know where I can get them (books)

Dragonizer, I thought I'd probably mentioned my first novel here in Sforza, once it was finished, but that must have been in another of my AARs. The title of the first in the series is Uprooted, and it's on Amazon -- look up "Uprooted Hanks" and you should find it (not to be confused with Naomi Novik's fantasy book of the same title, due out in a couple of months). I'm about to publish a couple of fiction stories about the Civil Air Patrol -- I used to do search & rescue as a teenager. But after that I'm going to get back to publishing the fantasy series, including a sequel to Uprooted and a couple of books set decades before the Uprooted story -- back when the mages were still in control of everything but a rebellion was coming.

Thanks for your interest! :)

Actually just finished reading all the updates up to the last one. Amazed by how big your Milan has grown! And it was a very entertaining read seeing how you conquered all of that!

My Milan AAR is going well, although expansion hasn't happened much in it. I'm to 1505 in it and have only added three provinces to Milan, so my expansion is going at a turtles pace compared to where you were by that time :) When I saw how far you'd gotten with Milan by 1498 I was like "Damn!" I need to kick it in gear! Although I do have a Sforza on the French throne.

But no worries about not having the time to check in on my Milan AAR, it will be around for a while. Although I doubt I'll manage to get my Sforza's ruling that much of the world!

I do look forward to seeing how this AAR ends and looking forward to the next update whenever that may come :)

Amazing! :) Thanks, Tnick, for spending the time to catch up on all this! I mentioned in your thread, when you'd first started, that it'd be a race between us to see who finished their AAR first! I see you're still at 1540, so the race is still on! :D

Actually, Enewald was bugging me about this the other day. I thought I would try to publish at least one update this week. Still waiting for time but I'm expecting I probably will do so in the next few days. My game is still playable, so there's every reason I should still be able to complete the AAR in 1820 or wherever it finishes the game. We'll see!

I think the early versions of EU 3 were probably alot easier to beat than later versions. I was pretty stunned that I made those early victories myself, and inheriting (I think... was it Aragon?) early on was what really spurred my expansion and allowed me to compete with my bigger neighbors. That was unexpected and very lucky. I also think I was exceptionally lucky not to have gotten smashed by France in our first war -- THAT was a near run thing! :D

I'll try to catch up with yours more fully when I have more time. I'm still underemployed and working 12 hours a day trying to make up for what I used to make -- it takes away alot of the time I might otherwise be able to spend here. I've also got my own writing I'm trying to keep moving...

Thanks for saying hi! I'll hope to be back with an update very soon.

Rensslaer

That's a good Enewald! I am amazed you still intend to carry on, Renss. Die hard determination is what this is. Let 's hope you can finish it before EU V sees the light of day :) . I'll certainly follow.

Grrr!!! Photobucket is holding my images for $400 ransom in order to allow 3rd-party hosting..... Looking for another host and it may be some trouble to re-host everything. But I'll work on it. Some of the images are down, I expect, but not others.

Thanks for reading! :)

Rensslaer

Grrr!!! Photobucket is holding my images for $400 ransom in order to allow 3rd-party hosting..... Looking for another host and it may be some trouble to re-host everything. But I'll work on it. Some of the images are down, I expect, but not others.

Thanks for reading! :)

Rensslaer
I recommend Imgur.

I also recommend imgur as it lets you host for free as many images as you like. There are a few other options that are cheap. Heck I'd pitch in money to pay for hosting elsewhere if it keeps this AAR alive, given how long I've read it. :)