• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

algaar

Private
75 Badges
Dec 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Following DLCs are currently missing from Properties > DLC tab in Steam and not accessible on Linux, despite being shown as "in library" on their respective product pages:

Early Eastern Clothing Pack
Early Western Clothing Pack
Persian Unit Pack
Russian Portraits
Russian Unit Pack
Saxon Unit Pack
Songs of the Rus
Turkish Portraits
Turkish Unit Pack

They definitely were accessible before, I can't exactly say when this problem have started because I had a long break from the game.
I've logged into my Steam account on a machine running Windows and there was no problem with installing these DLCs.

If I understand correctly, similar issue (but with different DLCs) was discussed and apparently fixed in this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dlc-issue-on-linux.1312238/

That thread and issue was purely to do with music DLCs; Steam changed how they handle them.

But yes, there is an issue here as I see 62 DLCs in Linux and Mac but 228 in Windows. I'll pass this on to Paradox tonight and get back to you.

Sorry about that!

Out of curiosity, does the DLC show in the in game menu/launcher?

Yes, they are shown both in the launcher and the content settings screen, but greyed out, like not owned DLCs. The mouse popover in the content settings does not say "Not owned" like it does for really not owned DLCs though.

The issue seems to be partially fixed (at least for me). Now it only affects these DLCs:

Persian Unit Pack
Russian Unit Pack
Saxon Unit Pack
Songs of the Rus
Turkish Unit Pack

Sorry! I'll raise this with Paradox again.

Fixed for me also

Can you all try and verify the integrity of your game files > restart Steam > see if it's there now? Some DLC was out of sync in the backend but this has been sorted.

Verifying integrity of game files and restarting Steam had no effect. Reinstalling the game completely had no effect also.

I also had noticed the DLC files (for example dlc043.zip and dlc043.dlc for the Persian Unit Pack) are present in the /Crusader Kings II/dlc/ folder, and they are removed with deinstallation and installed with installation of the game. So it looks like Steam thinks that these DLCs should be installed, but doesn't think that they should be activated.

Can you specify exactly which DLC you're missing? I know the following were reported but are there more?

Persian Unit Pack
Russian Unit Pack
Saxon Unit Pack
Songs of the Rus
Turkish Unit Pack

Right. I own all six of the DLCs mentioned (the 5 in your post plus Songs of India), and all six are grayed out in the CK2 launcher despite me telling Steam to load all of them. I am pretty sure these are all of the ones affected, as I have every minor DLC for the game installed.

Just like to register that I'm also having this issue with;

Persian unit Pack
Turkish Unit Pack
Saxon Unit Pack
Russian Unit Pack

Alright can you try verifying the integrity of the game files again and see if it appears in the launcher? My colleagues with the power of magic has done some more work ;)!

I'm happy to say it is now loading correctly. Thanks for your help TinyWinking!