• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AsciiOfTheNorth

Recruit
Jul 26, 2019
Hey so I play both stellaris and cities on console, both of them have the series X/S badge on them.

Stellaris is like an entirely different game running on the X. Aside from the quick resume, the FF plays about 3 times faster than my PS4 did and I've heard other players say that the framerate has been boosted. I don't know if that actually the case or of the X is just experiencing significantly less lag, but I can confirm that it looks better.

Cities, however, just gets that quick resume functionality and calls it a day. I was really hoping to see more than 3x3 tiles or even a return of that XXXL landscaping shader we lost in one of the first updates. I know the X still can't run the game to the extent that a beefier PC could but there's still quite a bit more to work with than previous gen. I appreciate the quick resume, but is that really all that's required in terms of updates to get that X/S badge?

TLDR: Both games play amazing on the X and I don't want to come off like I'm complaining. My point here is that aside from simply running a whole hell of a lot better and having quick resume (which was already kind of a thing, just one game at a time) Cities still very much feels like I'm playing on last gen whereas other Paradox titles have absolutely rocked my expectations.

I don't believe Cities: Skylines has been updated to be 'Optimised for Xbox Series X|S'. At least not yet anyway. In terms of having a larger area to build on, the PC doesn't even have this option without using mods, so it's highly unlikely it'll come to console.

Last edited:
I don't believe Coties: Skylines has been updated to be 'Optimised for Xbox Series X|S'. At least not yet anyway. In terms of having a larger area to build on, the PC doesn't even have this option without using mods, so it's highly unlikely it'll come to console.
I was under the impression that PC had a higher tile count by default so I guess I stand corrected. It does display the X/S optimized badge in the app store and appears under the "optimized" category, tho. Like I said, the only series X/S optimization I can see is that the quick resume feature is operational but I don't really see that as something new considering it already did that between the game and other apps with previous gen.

I was under the impression that PC had a higher tile count by default so I guess I stand corrected. It does display the X/S optimized badge in the app store and appears under the "optimized" category, tho. Like I said, the only series X/S optimization I can see is that the quick resume feature is operational but I don't really see that as something new considering it already did that between the game and other apps with previous gen.
I've just checked on my Xbox Series X and there's no X|S badge on the game. If you're looking at the Cities:Skylines store page though, the badges on the bottom right in the details section are just the platforms the game is available on (just because Xbox Series X|S appears there does not mean it's been optimised for those consoles). Though since you say you've seen it in the Optimised for X|S category, it does make things a little more interesting.

I've just checked on my Xbox Series X and there's no X|S badge on the game. If you're looking at the Cities:Skylines store page though, the badges on the bottom right in the details section are just the platforms the game is available on (just because Xbox Series X|S appears there does not mean it's been optimised for those consoles). Though since you say you've seen it in the Optimised for X|S category, it does make things a little more interesting.
I just went through and looked and it is neither in that category nor is the badge present. I actually upgraded diagonally, PS4 to Series X. That unfortunately meant buying literally everything again and I spent a considerable amount of time on their section of the app store, where I could've sworn I saw that X/S logo. I would like to say that it was present and has been removed but seeing as I took no screenshots I think it's safe to assume that I simply imagined it. Sorry for the hype, gentlemen.

I just went through and looked and it is neither in that category nor is the badge present. I actually upgraded diagonally, PS4 to Series X. That unfortunately meant buying literally everything again and I spent a considerable amount of time on their section of the app store, where I could've sworn I saw that X/S logo. I would like to say that it was present and has been removed but seeing as I took no screenshots I think it's safe to assume that I simply imagined it. Sorry for the hype, gentlemen.
It's always possible that they could be working on a Series X|S optimized version of the game. Somebody could have just added the X|S tag on accident before they were to announce something. There's been a few issues that the game has had on Xbox in the past.

There was a DLC that released but the update that adds support for the DLC failed to get pushed to Xbox consoles. A lot of people weren't able to play the new DLC for a few weeks until they fixed the issue with Xbox.