• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 8, 2009
Hello,

icon4.gif
When playing Dark Horizon, Episode III, Mission 9, I my game freezes, still playing some sound, screen goes black and I get moved to my desktop with these following errors.

First window:
TSimpleNode.ChildByName fault: incorect name: RadarMarker_2platform_cp

When pressing ok:
TDesktop. GetChild fault: control not found. See file "[DesktopTree]_All_For_Debug"...

When pressing ok again:
TDesktop.RunScript fault.4

When pressing ok again:
engine_Desktop fault: script = RadarMarker_2platforum_cp::vissible 1

After that, pressing Ok will give me the first warning again, and have to end Dark Horizon with Task Manager to stop it's loop.

This hapends after completing all objectives. (Destroying 3 or 4 'Platforms' and 4 'Hunter' and 2 'Alchemist' fighters. In fact, it happens never more than 2 seconds after 'Ice' shouts "The enemy has been sent starward" - or whatever it is he says. I tried doing the mission 3 times. To be absolutely certain that it wasn't a one time error, and because it's just so much fun to watch these 'Platforms' explode.

icon1.gif
System Specifications

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (64 Bit, if that matters)
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Video: NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512MB)

icon3.gif
I have not installed any third program TRAINER, HACKER. I have not used any sort of CHEAT or CODE, and I have not used any NO-DVD exe crack. I have not tried re-installing, because I would first prefer to know if there is an existing solution to this error.

icon2.gif
I will be checking this tread at least trice every day between at 9:00AM and 23:00 PM, +1GMT for any updates. I hope to find some soon, even though this place of the forum seems very in-active. I would very much like to continue with this.

Thanks in advance,
Servitor

I must say that the most common solution I have seen for in-game problems is to delete the last save and continue from a previous one.

Maybe try moving the last save somplace else, so you can restore it if that solution doesn't work?

Well, best of luck with saving your game. :)

I wish I could offer something more, but the developers (who were doing a nice job here) seem to have been hit by the economy and have disappeared, so it's mostly peer assistance what is left.

Starting on mission 8 still gives me a crash at the end of 9. I used a cheat to skip 9, but it seems as though even the cheats do not work properly. Instead of sending me to the next mission, I got sent to the next Episode (mission 11)Meaning that I have skipped mission 10.

This problem sounds like missing files. I will try a re-install if I get the problem with a future mission, or whenever I have finished the game.

Thanks. :)
Servitor

I have found the solution

Just type this cheat while in mission 9 (not in cockpit mode): nextpart. It will bring you to the next part of the mission (not chapter). I encountered some anomalities in gameplay after applying this cheat (mission not ending) but somehow while pressing F5 I guess I was able to pass to the next chapter. Anomalities continued in the cabin and hangar sections, but bringing the game menu solved it somehow :D :wacko: :rofl:

I think the "nextpart" solution is the second most popular to get past that bug. (I say second, since you miss a mission and it sounds as if there are sometimes other issues with it, like those you mention)

But hey, as long as it works a little.. ;)

So, the only solution is to skip mission 10? ......... :(
Is there any bug like that on next missions?

Ah, this problem.

Well, the first thing to try is to delete the last save and continue from a previous one. (Try moving the last save somplace else, so you can restore it if that solution doesn't work?)

If that doesn't work - keep that save hidden and reinstall the game, to see if that fixes any file. (Then restore the save)

If neither work - then you can start thinking about the "nextpart" cheat.

At the time nagakeren last posted the OBT patch won't solve the mission 9 bug. The solution is to destroy the enemy ships when the game tells you to and to only destroy the platforms when it tells you to. As stated in the other thread nagakeren started the bug has been fixed (But isn't currently in a Beta Patch) at the OBT.

Last edited: