• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Temujin

Recruit
14 Badges
May 21, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Edit - I have an idea how it could be done but have no idea how to implement it.
As soon as someone becomes a Senior they immediately get Earthsick and either leave or kill themselves... I don't care which... ;)

I will start by saying I really like the game... BUT... who in their right mind would want or expect seniors to live out their remaining years on a hostile planet, consume resources, fill living quarters and contribute nothing!

The idea that these brave people once they have reached the age that they are no longer useful to the mission would in fact endanger the mission by their presence is ludicrous in the extreme.

This game requires that ships constantly fly to Mars for either resupply, export or to add new colonists. Surely they would hitch a ride on a returning ship so as not to be a drain on the resources of those already on site?

If this mod already exists PLEASE point me to it as I find this part of the game stupid on a biblical scale.

Last edited:
I think something like this could be added as Lua code in a mod to accomplish what you want, but I am still new to this modding myself and have not tested it. There were some examples in the "ModTools/Docs/Colonists.md.html" and "ModTools/Docs/ModItemTrait.md.html" files in the game folder that I was able to adapt.
Code:
function OnMsg.ColonistAddTrait(colonist, trait_id)
    if trait_id=="Senior" then
        colonist:RemoveTrait("Martianborn")
        colonist:AddTrait("Earthsick")
    end
end

Note: the removal of Martianborn is because they should be immune to Earthsick so I don't know what happens if your function tries to add Earthsick to a Martianborn. The documentation about removing traits claim it is safe to try and remove a non-existing trait from a colonist (it will simply do nothing), so it's mostly a safeguard.

colonist:AddTrait("Earthsick")
earth sick isn't a trait, change that to:
colonist:Affect("StatusEffect_Earthsick", "start", nil, true)

and you don't need to removetrait since :Affect() isn't what checks for traits.