• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This game is deceptively addictive, I keep asking myself why I keep coming back to it because there is honestly not that much to the game play, yet I've logged 42 hours on it since release according to STEAM. The frequent updates are nice and I got my money's worth on this one already and then some.

I would at least, like to see a Peloponesian Conquest game pack for this engine, that would include the rise of Carthage and Rome.
There are also plenty of 'what if' scenarios, such as the Aegean/Minoans if Thera had not erupted etc...
An EU III style global map that included Indo-Aryan, Asian, Norse-Germanic, Amerindian, etc.. would be even better, but I am not sure that, that could be accomplished with the intricacies we are happy to see in SENGOKU, and current PC technology.

You make um, I'll play um.

Max

I definitely agree on wanting more ancient Greek/Persian period (others of the era, too, of course). There aren't many pre-Roman era grand strategy titles out there.. a couple oldies from Slitherine, an RTS from Longbow Games, but that's about it.

Need MOAR and newer! :cool:

Nice patch! Thank you. Will try this tonight.

Another period that would be excellent with this engine. Would be the period after Alexander the Great's death when his empire was carved up by his generals that created their own dynasties, known as the Funeral Games or the Diadochi. And led to a long constant war in the eastern Mediterranean until the rise of Rome. That should make a good strategy game one day.

Well, I know that this is not a significant / important thing in the game, but can you put these guys on the next patches?

Oda Retinue in 1551 :
- Niwa Nagahide
- Tokichiro Kinoshita / Hashiba Hideyoshi / Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- Sasha Narimasa

plus, in 1551, isn't Nobunaga live in Nayoga and not Kiyosu? It is Oda Nobuyashu or something that live in Kiyosu with Shiba. Nobunaga attack this... Nobuyoshu or something then rule over all Owari after that.

Well, maybe I"m wrong about it... you can re-check it in internet

Well, I know that this is not a significant / important thing in the game, but can you put these guys on the next patches?

Oda Retinue in 1551 :
- Niwa Nagahide
- Tokichiro Kinoshita / Hashiba Hideyoshi / Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- Sasha Narimasa

plus, in 1551, isn't Nobunaga live in Nayoga and not Kiyosu? It is Oda Nobuyashu or something that live in Kiyosu with Shiba. Nobunaga attack this... Nobuyoshu or something then rule over all Owari after that.

Well, maybe I"m wrong about it... you can re-check it in internet

"- Tokichiro Kinoshita / Hashiba Hideyoshi / Toyotomi Hideyoshi" is already in the game, but he is not an Oda retainer in 1551. He can be found as a retainer of Imagawa Yoshimoto.

Is it WAD that transfering a vassal reduces honor instead of increasing it - or at least being neutral? -8 H to move one dude from my direct supervision to be someone else's problem seems to be a very steep price to pay.

Is it WAD that transfering a vassal reduces honor instead of increasing it - or at least being neutral? -8 H to move one dude from my direct supervision to be someone else's problem seems to be a very steep price to pay.

This is WAD.

Btw some of you might find the new console command "mapautosave" to be useful, it will save a image of the map on each autosave.
if you want to output images in 1024*1024 one would write: "mapautosave 1024 1024"

These images are then saved in a format that would enable you to combine them to a movie with some third party software.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KohO-0_TLNQ

The 1551 setting is based on 1551 mod, and we have decided to ignore the civil war situation in Owari.

Sakura explains also in that mod thread,
The Date:
1. Most Sengoku games and mods choose Oda Nobunaga's great victory at the Battle of Okehazama in 1560 as their starting point. But 1551 is an appealing starting date when many great clans such as the Takeda and Mori were still on their way up. We've tried to be as historically accurate about the map setup as possible within the limitations of the game with just a few exceptions. Most notably, in real life Nobunaga spent his first years leading his family battling clan rivals and unifying Owari. However, given the popularity of the Oda and the fact that an Oda civil war in the game would almost certainly result in early distruction at the hands of the Imagawa and Saito, we decided that a unified Owari under Nobunaga was the better choice.

I had a bug in 1.02 where, if I exposed a plot, I would be the one who lost honor. I assume the other person is supposed to lose honor, was that fixed? Also do saved games work with the new patch?

It's in the bug fixes section, so yes...

As Paradox always saids, saved games should more or less work, but you're not allowed to complain about bugs in that case.

"- Tokichiro Kinoshita / Hashiba Hideyoshi / Toyotomi Hideyoshi" is already in the game, but he is not an Oda retainer in 1551. He can be found as a retainer of Imagawa Yoshimoto.

Uh, why? Saru never served the Imagawa, he was Nobunaga's errand boy and sandal/gourd bearer.

Uh, why? Saru never served the Imagawa, he was Nobunaga's errand boy and sandal/gourd bearer.

He served Matsushita Kahe in 1551, who was a retainer of the Imagawa.

I have a question: Do you gain any honour when enemy clan agrees with the defeat but is not subjugated? I didn't seem to get any honour by doing so. Enemy losing honour when he agrees he was defeated is okay but on the other hand the one who made him into defeat should get some honour right? Otherwise why would you ever make that deal instead of pushing for subjugation?

I have a question: Do you gain any honour when enemy clan agrees with the defeat but is not subjugated? I didn't seem to get any honour by doing so. Enemy losing honour when he agrees he was defeated is okay but on the other hand the one who made him into defeat should get some honour right? Otherwise why would you ever make that deal instead of pushing for subjugation?

You don't get further honor when you nail the enemy clans but you will get it once you share your newly conquered lands with your vassals. That's the concept.
There are many ways to gain honor in this game... not counting the events. The GIFT for example gives +1 honor though the window says it doesn't. (If some MOD or DEV sees this, please add to the bug list).

Otherwise why would you ever make that deal instead of pushing for subjugation?
When you suddendly find yourself attacked by that other neighbouring clan that's almost as big as your own, and you don't have time or troops to fight two wars. It's at least better than white peace.