• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirAlexius

Captain
52 Badges
Feb 13, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
Anyone else think that this would be an amazing time to release something like Sengoku 2? Crusader Kings 2 perfected the old formula, and seems to be almost fully saturated with DLC by now. Personally, I would love to see the improved mechanics from CK2 used to expand upon Sengoku and bring it into the current generation of Paradox grand strategy games. It has the potential to be a masterpiece.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I agree. But Sengoku. though being a great game, was kind of a flop. The fact that Paradox just stopped to release patches when so many things left to be unpolished, makes it clear that they lost all hope in the brand.
It is still a shame. An uncutted jewel, still worth to play.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm playing it (for the first time). If fleshed out more, Sengoku2 could be a hit, I would say.

I'm feeling the need to rush the conquest so that I won't fall behind. So it's constant war making the expereince a bit one-sided. From Let's Plays I got the impression that one needs to rush and expand, and that plots and ninjas are not so effective. Would you agree?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems like the best candidate for Sengoku 2 is CK3's map expanding to cover East Asia. Though even if they add more start dates to CK3 it's hard to imagine them going as late as the 15th century (though maaaybe EU5 will surprise us in its form).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I found a gem, the nobunagas ambition series. Especially nobunagas ambition sphere of influence was really good. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to sell well in the west so the latest expansion for taishi has not been translated and released.

It's set in the sengoku period.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Seems like the best candidate for Sengoku 2 is CK3's map expanding to cover East Asia. Though even if they add more start dates to CK3 it's hard to imagine them going as late as the 15th century (though maaaybe EU5 will surprise us in its form).

I'd actually be interested in 11th-13th century Japan with all the drama of the Minamoto-Taira-Fujiwara clan wars plus the Mongol invasions rather than the Sengoku era

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd actually be interested in 11th-13th century Japan with all the drama of the Minamoto-Taira-Fujiwara clan wars plus the Mongol invasions rather than the Sengoku era

Me too, honestly.

Though a spin-off campaign focused on a large japanese map for the Sengoku period would be very cool. I'm sure modders will get there if PDX doesn't, though.

• 1Like
Reactions:

It's called the "Rise of the Samurai Campaign" for Total War Shogun 2.

Sengoku was basically a beta of CK2. I really wish they kept updating Sengoku so it would be kind of a tall version of CK2, with a much smaller map but more events and features. Sadly not going to happen.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In lieu of Sengoku 2 (since there is little chance for it), I am hoping for a fully fleshed out feudal Japan mod for CK3 instead. One that can replicate Sengoku experience with all the goodness of mainstream, complete PDS games. Especially because they are fun to play as they have none of that instant annexation nonsense.

Shogunate mod for CK3 is amazing, although it is very WIP like every other major mods since it is very early in the modding season for that game right now.

There are a few things Sengoku had that would be weird or impossible in CK3. Things like -

- honour being an important thing, compared to piety which you can almost ignore
- committing or demanding Seppuku to redeem honour
- province-jumping Ninja clans who only reveal themselves temporarily, conduct almost all the plots, or leave if not hired in time
- the rare Ronin and deserters of Sengoku, versus the easily available professional mercenary companies present in CK
- warrior monks and temple rebels, something not present in CK
- the fact that how titles work in CK games and how won't always fit with Japanese Daimyo
- the Emperor and the Imperial Court, with its 9-point rank system
- everything relating to religion, how it works in Sengoku VS the much more rules-heavy and organized system in CK

A Sengoku 2 would've been fine indeed. But I am still hoping for that perfect CK3 feudal Japan mod, because there is almost zero chance they'll ever revisit this game (despite there being so much potential).

• 2Like
Reactions: