• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The editor in 1.06 is FUBAR, and it prolly won't be fixed for later releases. If you really want to use the editor, you'll have to go back to 1.05.

gzav said:
The editor in 1.06 is FUBAR, and it prolly won't be fixed for later releases. If you really want to use the editor, you'll have to go back to 1.05.

Oh darn :( Lucky i have another computer i can play 1.05 on so i can choose to use editor or play the 1.06 and play Gotterdamaug or what it was :rolleyes:

You can have more than one installation of the game one any computer. Just install it once (as out from the box, for me it would be 1.03).

Then copy the entire folder to another one and rename the copied one. Eg. Hearts of Iron - 105. Then patch the copied folder not the oroginal to 1.05c.

Keeping the original means that you can copy it again to a new folder and apply patch 106 to that folder.

This way you end up with 3 folders of Hearts of Iron.... 103, 105 and 106.

BBe careful though, it eats up space.

ville said:
I'ts solved dunno how. But i can use the editor :D
It was fixed in 1.06c.

I have a quick question. Does switching between 32 and 16 bit colours a lot screw up your GFX card?

sebastian said:
I have a quick question. Does switching between 32 and 16 bit colours a lot screw up your GFX card?
Why did you post in this thread? You should have started a new thread in the support forum for a question like this.

I doubt very much it would have any effect on your hardware.

jdrou said:
Why did you post in this thread? You should have started a new thread in the support forum for a question like this.

I doubt very much it would have any effect on your hardware.

I know, I am sorry, but I just thought because it was a scenario related question it would be ok. Anyway - I have similar problems. The thing just seems to die on certain scenarios.

sebastian said:
I know, I am sorry, but I just thought because it was a scenario related question it would be ok. Anyway - I have similar problems. The thing just seems to die on certain scenarios.
Are you running 1.06c? What scenarios does it fail on and does it give any error messages?

Not to sound like a broken record but: try editing the text files instead of using the editor. It really is easy once you get started. Just take a look at the files available, refer to Havard's site, and ask questions in the scenario/mod forum. There are many things you can do editing the text files that flat-out can't be done in the HoI editor.