• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ill ask it again. Has the statistics panel been reviewed? On top of that are you guys going to implement anything new for the statistics such as a loss counter like in AoD?

Might also call it Flexible Defense instead of Fighting Withdraw or Elastic Defense so as not to confuse the doctrines with the stance.

No, that s a problem of the game right now (the stance really is the implementation of a doctrine): AI is seen too much as seperate from the rest of the game, imao the AI should be integrated more into the game: doctrines & HQ-leaders "should" affect AI behavior. AI HQs "should" also more behave like the general in command of its HQ (by having AI being affected by the skills & skill lvl of the general).

Also: players who do not use AI (everything manual) would enjoy this new kind of AI, by having diversified enemy AIs (depending on the other nations doctrine research). But keep in mind that what I describe here is just how I see a more perfectionized AI and that paradox devs already did a great job at the creation of this AI (even if it can be improved).

"Elastic Defense" could be a good name, Blitz is also the name of a doctrine why would this be different for the defensive aspect? This is the whole point, these stances about how AI should behave is/was done in reality by creating a doctrine on how all generals should act when attacking/blitzing/defending/elastic defending.

But maybe this should be done for the next expansion/game or mod (as this does seem to be a load of work), at least if this is an interesting enough idea for HOI players and for the devs

Last edited:
I agree with that, to me at least too, organisation and attack delay are two different pair of shoes
As I see it,
Combat and Operational Organisation are two different things and it adds much more flexibility having two different "stats" representing these.

I still think a rebalance would work best to make us all happy :)

If attack delay models time for proper preparation then perhaps an added order to be able to conduct a 'Hasty Attack' that would carry a negative % modifer.

Doomdark,

You miss the real problem here. It's not that the AI can't defend it's that their units as the start of the war with Germany are CRAP. There is a MAJOR design flaw in the use of laws, reserves and man power. Come on and face facts. I don't care if the SU has 1000000 lines of defense if all their units had 10 org and 300 men in them.

You have to fix it so at the start of war with Germany the SU is still NOT at volunteer laws and only has 500 MP left. Without this fix I don't care what you do as the SU will still SUCK.

Doomdark,

You miss the real problem here. It's not that the AI can't defend it's that their units as the start of the war with Germany are CRAP. There is a MAJOR design flaw in the use of laws, reserves and man power. Come on and face facts. I don't care if the SU has 1000000 lines of defense if all their units had 10 org and 300 men in them.

You have to fix it so at the start of war with Germany the SU is still NOT at volunteer laws and only has 500 MP left. Without this fix I don't care what you do as the SU will still SUCK.

Why doesn't the USSR raise their mobilization laws during the Winter War like every human player does?

Why doesn't the USSR raise their mobilization laws during the Winter War like every human player does?

First off the Winter War is not guaranteed to happen. Much of the time Finaland has joined the allies so no war there. Secondly, the issue is that the laws for the AI SU don't seem to change. This is my point and why I say it MUST be fixed. I've outlined in numerous other posts where it takes 3 year service laws for the SU to have any chance. And this law should really be in place in 1940 so the SU has time to reinforce the troops it built with MP.

Ill ask it again. Has the statistics panel been reviewed? On top of that are you guys going to implement anything new for the statistics such as a loss counter like in AoD?

Heard a lot about that but can't find a screen anywhere.
Division total kills button would be icing on the cake- like a land version of the naval ships sunk.