• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

popeyeOtaku

Recruit
28 Badges
Mar 6, 2018
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
My computer is currently on the fritz, and currently some software is completely at random not working on my GPU but working fine on the integrated intel. THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM RELATING TO PARADOX OR THEIR SOFTWARE OR ONE THAT I WANT YOU ALL TO SOLVE, it's a weird hardware issue that's gonna probably require me to replace my whole computer and I'm putting off that cause it'll be expensive as all heck.

WHAT I'M REQUESTING is how I can force CK3 to render only on my integrated intel card (I understand I won't get good performance lol) so that I can get CK3 working on my computer, because due to the aforementioned issue it presently doesn't.

I tried the current only way to do this under windows, going into the win10 graphics settings and selecting this application and telling it to run on the "power-saving" integrated intel.

Except CK3 seems to be ignoring this completely.

I understand this is a issue pretty much specific to me that more than likely nobody else will have to deal with or want to do, but I would like to play the new game I just bought. Thanks very much!

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you have an Intel/nVidia setup, you need to use their nVidia control panel - manage 3D settings. Force ck3.exe to to the 'integrated Intel" option there.

If you have AMD/Intel, I assume they have an equivalent function in Catalyst.