• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

storm__

Private
Nov 18, 2017
With the changes to the game over the time it has basically become impossible to rush the opponent or do an all out attack. As it is now the game has become plain boring (for me). Scout, fire arty, move tank forward a few yards, repeat until game is over. Boring. Feels more like work than fun. I do not care if the gameplay is realistic or not, most importantly it is not fun anymore (for me).

PS: 10vs10 is still fun...

I can't relate to that. I have successfully rushed many opponents in competetive games, of which some are skilled players.

What changes do you feel have made it more difficult to rush and attack?

With the changes to the game over the time it has basically become impossible to rush the opponent or do an all out attack. As it is now the game has become plain boring (for me). Scout, fire arty, move tank forward a few yards, repeat until game is over. Boring. Feels more like work than fun. I do not care if the gameplay is realistic or not, most importantly it is not fun anymore (for me).

PS: 10vs10 is still fun...

respectfully disagree with you, sir :) (basically in every point you wrote down) :D

Thanks for the respectfully. :) I found a solution for the problem. I started playing Free French. Any scout/arty/move forward will soon find himself without scouts and completely helpless. Not as good as rushing, but very fun to watch, especially the replay. :)

If you think you can't rush people anymore play 1v1 vs corbeau and see just how wrong you are...
Oh, I can easily be rushed, no special skills needed for that. However, I would love to see a game where he is rushing a good opponent. One of those players who start with a strong defense and than arty their way forward inch by inch during the game. That seems to be the standard nowadays in ranked 1 vs 1.

I guess my 'complaint' is, that basically in all RTS games rushing is the succesful newbie tactic. Easy to pull of and quite succesful. In steel division it seems more like a pro strategy. As I like the game much better than most RTS games, it is probably a good design decision.

Last edited: