• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

uplift17

Corporal
89 Badges
Jun 15, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Impire
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
So we've read by now that one type of leader Stellaris will feature is that of planetary leader, who will have events and an effect on the planet they govern and probably more aspects that we don't know about.

I'm wondering if - given the size the galaxy appears to be - we will see something sector leaders or governors, who represent the overall authority character leading policy for a bunch of neighboring starsystems?

It seems to me like it would make sense from an imperial management perspective, and would be a nice nod to the character-based hierarchies in CK2 - not to mention creating some interesting potential for drama as secessionist governors break off whole chunks of your empire or ask to negotiate with you for favors for the planets under their command...

It would depend on the amount of habatiable planets IMHO. I mean they could make it so that a lot of systems are filled with planets you can't explicitly colonize(but have interesting stuff none the less), and if your empire has only say 30 inhabited planets on average then this won't make much sense. On the other hand if they go with the usual 4x route of every planet being colonizable eventually then yeah it might make sense. We'll see though, we'll see

It would depend on the amount of habatiable planets IMHO. I mean they could make it so that a lot of systems are filled with planets you can't explicitly colonize(but have interesting stuff none the less), and if your empire has only say 30 inhabited planets on average then this won't make much sense. On the other hand if they go with the usual 4x route of every planet being colonizable eventually then yeah it might make sense. We'll see though, we'll see

IIRC the devs said you could colonize every planet, but often times it would be a far better move to just mine a planet from orbit rather than colonizing it.