• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to see you got pleased. I was a bit afraid about the reception of lack of scripting, but it seems nobody take care of it.

About treasure chest, I've got a reflexion about it. It was impossible to make them spawn randomly, so I choose on myself to remove them. The bad effect is that starting heroes are really poor, but in return I allowed earlier spawn later.

About the graveyard, I've no control on it, like peasant house. I've searched hour a way to remove their spawn and replace it by customized settings, but that's simply unallowed in the current version of the editor.

About parties, I generally make them really diverse from standard game. In this map, I made a lot of time a party of 3 dwarves and cleric, or rogue/warrior/wizard/cleric, or only bowmen and elves plus a cleric. I find these combination far more efficient, because the heroes have more drawbacks than standard parties, but they are far more efficient in their way of killing. the 3 dwarves and cleric are simply unstoppable, but well their not adapted against werewolves. Personnal advice.

About map design, well the heights are a bit more harder than what I should have expected, but well it was created in objective of making scripted event, like a village of farmer near the fence and cropfields, or the sword in the lake. Later, I decided to don't do it due to the amount of work it represented. But possibly if I make a second map, I'll put some random secondary quest.

Nice to see a positive feedback. I'll probably work an another one. Or if someone love as it is, it's possible to create another map and copy paste the scripting of random creation and relocate a viwe area.
My only real problem is about tradezone and holygrounds. Really don't know how to deal with.

i know nothing about making a map but once i build on a trade post and then it was killed it shows up fine. what if using a different team have it spawn with the trade post on it so u couldnt c it, then when they random just have them die just like the lairs around the player at the start this may make it so u can see the place. is there any hope of being able to load a save on this map?

Last edited:
EDIT :
you have to put the *.pak file here:
...\Majesty 2\resource\map\single_missions

In Majesty 2\resource I had no map folder so I created map\single_missions.

I put in it the .pak file just downloaded. Launch Majesty 2. Select Single Mission and Single Mission and don't see your map in the list, only the original Single Missions.

I'm using a retail version patched.

I looked inside the pak file and quote it had already in it map\single_missions. So I tried put the pak file in Majesty 2\resource.

But it didn't work better.

Any suggestion?

EDIT: I also tried unpack all in Majesty 2\resource but it didn't work better. Well I never played the first mission you made so I'll try find some tips in this other topic.

EDIT2: When you select a single mission and there's more than original missions is a scroll bar appears? I'm not sure but it seems from the topic with the other mission that the patch version doesn't work if you don't remove one of the original single missions. I'll try that but that's complicate because it requires to unzip the very big resource.pak.

Last edited:
The problem already appeared with brainbag map

You have to extract the wizards_woe.pak file, rename the wizards_woe.mi file to single_07.mi, and then add the extracted "map" dir to the resource.pak file. It will work fine then.

Or, instead of adding it to the resource.pak file, you can rename the resource.std/resource.std_1_01.pak file to something else, then replace it with wizards_woe.pak. That pak isn't changed and replacing it doesn't hurt anything.

For what I understand, you don't have to delete a pre existing mission, but just to unpak the file (rename it into *.zip, do, and rename it *.pak), and rename the mission. It seem what is important is to keep the right number of mission.

Listen to what brainbag wrote. You HAVE to rename newmission.mi to single_xx.mi (I suggest 08) for it to appear in the game.
Then move it into the .pak file with WinRar. Not sure the map is also supposed to be called Single_xx, but just the make sure I would.

So;
*Unpack day_of_the_bay.pak
*Rename bay_of_the_day to single_08
*Rename bay_of_the_day.mi to single_08.mi
*Open the resource.pak file, and copy the new single_08 map into singlemissions.
*Open MFKS2, go to single missions (there should be a scrollbar) and select this mission for play.

Mmm well I didn't quote the post about renaming but I'll have hard time to include this into resource.pak because I already tried unpack and pack again to get an error about missing files I see in unpacked files.

I'm using Ultimate Zip it's perhaps the culprit. Thanks for the precision about the scrollbar that appears.

Last edited:
His location is missing a step which is probably why you couldn't get it to work. Inside ...\Majesty2\resource you should see a PAK file called resource. Open it with WINRAR (its free if you don't have it). Then go into the Map and Single_missions folder. So the full location should be ...\Majesty2\resource\resource.pak\map\single_missions

EDIT: There is no space between miss and ions. I don't know why it is showing one, I typed it without a space. The word is missions.

Last edited:
Mmm well I didn't quote the post about renaming but I'll have hard time to include this into resource.pak because I already tried unpack and pack again to get an error about missing files I see in unpacked files.

I'm using Ultimate Zip it's perhaps the culprit. Thanks for the precision about the scrollbar that appears.

You don't need to unpack anything. Just find the correct location, make a folder called single_07 (or single_08 if you have another custom map), copy and paste the downloaded files into the new folder, and rename the .mi file to single_07

You don't need to unpack anything. Just find the correct location, make a folder called single_07 (or single_08 if you have another custom map), copy and paste the downloaded files into the new folder, and rename the .mi file to single_07

Thanks for the help, I made it work by using the last trick quote by brainbag, replacing the resource_1_01.pak file, which is a little weird as it's a part of the patch. So instead I made a new version of resource_1_01.pak with the map files and folders in it and by doing the two renaming to single_07 and single_07.mi.

Do you suggesting a more sample solution? I tried create map/Single_missions in resource. Renamed mission folder to single_07 and put it in Single_missions, and renamed the .mi to single_07.mi. But it didn't work I don't see the mission appears in the list. It seems that files not in resource.pak or resource_1_01.pak aren't used, weird.

What a hassle! I thrown Ultimate Zip (no idea why I installed this one on this computer) and installed 7Zip I normally use because it is free and has no weird default options (like winzip have).

With it I could simply open resource_1_01.pak and add in map already in this archive, the folder Single_missions with renamed folders and .mi files to single_07 and 08. Then only it worked and I could see the added missions and start them. The files missing problems was clearly coming from Ultimate Zip, probably a bug or a weird default option.

is there any hope of being able to load a save on this map?

Ha ok now I make it work I understand your comment. I can also start the mission and even save it but get an error if I try load the save.

Well with no save I don't see how I could play it up to end. Pause the game and put it in background?

Loaded MFKS2 and my save I made with this map (saved thrice, loaded 0 :D) and yeah, got the error too (then again, the save was from the old version so it may be that).

That's a little short and can create confusion. You seem quote that with Majesty 2 patch the install instruction of el_kloklo work.
No, I just responded to Spidey's question about mods working or not working with the patch.

That's where I started, save asap and reload to be sure to be able to replay the random map if I like it much or to be able try different strategy with the same start.

Does save reload working with the non patched Majesty 2? The error I get seems so similar to those I get when I used UZ instead of 7Zip. Or it's generic error with errors of missing files that aren't missing but only have a problem.

No, I just responded to Spidey's question about mods working or not working with the patch.
Yes and that's exactly the confusion, it doesn't work, apart by not following the install instruction.

Well, you patched and got this map to work, right?

Which just confirmed that it DOES work. No-one ever mentioned the installation in that discussion until you brought it up a few posts ago.

So I have played it... well with no save that can be managed anyway.

At first attempt I started in South West Corner. I started with Mages and Rangers then Clerics. I build a tower to guard the bridge(!). Then I quote all enemies was coming from the other side. After rather soon two dead mages, one cleric and one or two rangers, I give up despite it was still only small waves of wolves and Flying Snakes plus few zombies and skeletons. :)

At second attempt I started in South East corner. I played it more safe and got a rather tough play. Among other things I got waves of Bearmen per 2 with pack of bears, Werwolves per 2 with pack of wolves, pack of Ghosts with a Lich and with Pack of Bears and Black Bears coming almost at same time, Elementals up to 3 at same time and some Greater Elementals, some Ogres, pack of Minotaurs and black Minotaurs. And Cleaning the dens was rude. Those close was ok, those to west was mainly pack of Ogres of Dens and already rude. But even not so far at North North East, Pack of Bears Dens and Pack of Bearmen Dens creating a flow on the path leading to the dens and armies guarding the dens! The bears dens was almost as rude than the bearmen dens. But the further was the dens the more rude it was. I had to advance through flaws of armies to even reach the den. I remember Pyramid to north, some undead dens, to North West multiples dens of Werewolves and some of Wolves, and to south on other side of the river a pack of Elementals Dens.

But I made a lot of time to make my way and when it's been about doing far west and south west, that's been very rude with multiple dens of Bears, some Vampires, Ghosts packs with a Lich. Flow of 10 bears make easily flee the most seasoned adventurers. Sometime a hero get trapped and hit by 15 bears and/or 10 ghosts. I get Elf level 21, Warrior level 25, ranger level 25 and more rangers killed at this point. To get rid of Ghosts I used a tactic with Mage Towers and get surprised it works despite bears around was going to destroy them. For the last dens, very far, I finally used parties to break through the waves still coming. Rather fun.

During this second play, as I had explored a large part of the map I saw two special waves:
  • One very large wave of minotaurs and plenty black minotaurs, that seem coming from the river on the other side. With other waves of Werewolves, Elementals and more that was also coming that was rather impressive. The impact was huge and thanks my Mages had the mass damage spell. I only lost the mage tower and Inn on this front but that was hot.
  • Another later come suddenly from frontiers, a lot like in some M1 maps, it was various undead, Skeletons, Vampires, Zombies. But at this time I had clean most of the map and standard waves was less strong. Still it make an impact and I lost the wizard tower on the front.
I made a third attempt but it's been a lot easier with much less dens and even finished with no Graveyard. I didn't saw any special waves in this play. I tried wait but nothing came.

It was good fun thanks for the creation!

I have few anomaly to report but not so much:
  • So ok that's known and you certainly can't do anything, but the save load crash, not cool.
  • In some parts of the map heroes or monsters walk underwater! That's fun but also look a little weird.
  • I haven't seen any Holy site or tradepost site. Well that's perhaps normal. I quoted the Rogues houses in one try and Portals in another but nothing else.
  • You can build the Lord house. Well I suppose it's a feature not a bug! I didn't tried at first because I was worry to crash with no save. At my last play at end I think try build it but forget try recruit lord, I suppose it works fine as I saw them in the list.
  • When the City is in the mountains it generates and unpleasant camera movement because the distance with the ground is fixed. I know it's not your fault but even if this mountain part is cool, it's still a questionable choice for the city position because of the current games limits.
  • Again that's probably not a bug but more a feature. During the rude play I did I had some spawned vampire from south west. I noticed few dens hide in borders but here I don't think any den was hidden, well perhaps vampire from frontiers. At some point of the game I get multiple vampires in middle of the town. A bit weird but cool after all. It's possible they had a south path out of maps limits as there was a Vampire Den at south on other side of the river.
  • I suppose it's just the game limits but if there was waves there's a lack of some quieter moments, at least sometimes. It was more waves, constantly, real waves setup better a mood.
  • One more time it's probably a feature and not a bug. But I had many things pink, castle, and many more. Well if there's a version for the boys I'd prefer. :p

Example for a Crypt defense:
Well in my second play I got a rude play and it last very long, so much later than you I had one crypt like that but with two times more ghosts! Well I regret not have tried parties that I tried later in this map. Instead I used Mage Towers and wipe them, at my surprise.

EDIT: Bellow a snapshot, the second snapshot illustrate a special event I got, but well as you can quote that game last a long time.

Attachments

• Ghosts Crypt.jpg
    Ghosts Crypt.jpg
    913,4 KB · Views: 36
  • Special event.jpg
    Special event.jpg
    967,3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Sorry if I caused any confusion, I thought that since the patched version of M2 removed the editor, nothing created with the editor would work. But obviously, I was wrong :)