• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • Prisoners drop ingredients when their shift at the Restaurant ends.
  • Active programs might end when saving and loading the game.
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • NPCs walk under the Grass Road Bridge.
  • Prisoners' heads are separated from their bodies when they sit facing North.
  • Bureaucracy isn't researched in the order it's queued.
  • Single log crowding storage.
  • Overlaps and Overflows for some languages.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Some reoffending prisoners Bio, shows a different prisoner.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
  • Issues with security levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some contraband seems to be missing an icon. This happens a lot with rolling pins.
Screenshot 2021-07-18 124708.png

Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
Prisoners that are sent to solitary leave solitary on their own accord to go to programs and the yard in their handcuffs still.

Also I completed the campain and was shocked to see how many game testers there are but we still seem to get a fair share a bugs . . .

It seems like releases need to be less about the wallet and more about stability, you should always put quality over performance.

There is no point in developing a game that only works sometimes, ask any gamer if they rather have longer wait times for more stability for the release.

Its not always about getting new content out on time, its also about making the game playable and part of that has to due with testing.

So please for the love of god crack down on your game testers because there seems to be a huge gap in communication for reporting bugs before release.

And its really making the game not enjoyable.

I have supported the development by getting DLCs but if I can't play the game like its intended to be played I will invest in DLCs else ware.

Anyhow I have attached a screenshot to show the prisoner going to the yard, its not hard to find this bug and you most likely are already aware of it but have not updated the post . . .

Just please fix more bugs before release I don't care if it takes a year to come out as long as its stable when it does.

Attachments

• 20210718232618_1.jpg
    20210718232618_1.jpg
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hello there, does anyone know why I can't do new prison in architect mode? I can't Access the world of Wardens either and can only play downloaded prisons. I keep getting an error without error that my software closed. Is there an issue with servers? Wi-fi is 4 bars, tried to play online, offline, redownload software, nothing works. Nintendo Switch edition. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, unlink and re-link Double11 ID, even restarted switch, have all DLC.

Is it DLC issue? I've had game for a while now. I can't do prison architect online or offline. Internet is fine as I can play Hitman 3. Please help/fix, I'm considering erasing save data, will that fix?

[PS4]

Not sure if this has been reported specifically in relation to console, but prisoners in lockdown/solitary will leave solitary or their cells and walk around the prison while cuffed. It also seems that when the hour changes, this changes their direction of movement, so sometimes they do start walking back to their cell or solitary, but then they will leave and continue to walk around the prison randomly.

Apologies if this issue is already known about after the most recent bug fix that was pushed out on consoles
This is happening on PC as well. For me, it seems they are let out during free time or work.

Wardens,

Known Issues:
Since the update, prisoners just walk out of their solitary cells during free time and do their thing. They still have their handcuffs on, too.

My friends have that problem too. We play without mods.

Thread cleaned up. Please stay on topic, don't discuss the moderation and every post needs to be in English. If anyone needs a refresher of the rules they're in my signature.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Staff ignores the snack machine in the staff room he exist and walks to other staff room to the other side of the prison. Same thing applies for the other things aswell such as toilet needs.

Attachments

• prison architect.png
    prison architect.png
    4,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Visitor Booth not working
No one uses them. Visitors never come, but prisoners family needs is always fulfilled. Visitor table works.

Gardener never clean yard

Parole cutoff policy don't work, half of my prisoners waiting for parole doesn't matter how I put parole cutoff policy.

Escape mode bug : snipers never shoot you when you literally run next to them, even if is free shoot ON in staff area only.

This is my save file bellow so you can check and fix it.

Attachments

• YugoPrison.txt
    26,1 MB · Views: 0
Wardens,

Known Issues:
ALL stats reset, staff killed deaths in custody programs, punishments, all emergency responders get disregarded. I have all DLCs but no mods, it takes no effort to recreate the bug, almost makes the game unplayable to me:(

Hello!
Thank you so much for the feedback! I was not aware of this and I will talk to the team and see what can be done!
Hi again,
I haven't actually been playing the game at all since the post I made about the issues with the program's not being able to be scheduled to my liking, and also some of the other bugs that have been getting to me.
Regardless, I was wanting to check in to see if the Devs have said anything about some sort of program scheduler being added to consoles? And just generally if bugs are still being worked on, since things have seemed to be rather quiet for awhile, other than adding some Halloween themed items.
I really want to get back into this game again, but unfortunately upon playing again the other day, I was reminded why I decided to leave it alone and wait for bug fixes and other QoL features to be added.
Thank you for any response!