• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sinname

Captain
Sep 25, 2014
Wouldn't you like see snow on the rooftops and kids making snowmans, rain over the streets, frozen lakes or tons of tourists in the beach at summer?
It would be great but, besides that I think that it could happen events like Christmas, carnaval, summer festivals, gay pride and more, maybe...
If you organize it.

Other idea that I have is the ability to customize districts, something like...if you want you may get a district to be the financial center,
for university and university students, for night clubs, for touristic hotels and summer activities...
What do you think about it? :)

Reactions:
Upvote 0
If we do add day/night eventually

Since you use an "If" instead of "when" I assume that there´s still no definitive decision in that matter? Seasons would be awesome, they would add a lot of life and diversity to a city (snow, dried leaves), but personally I still hang on day/night cycle...
Is it purely a matter of man hours that you skipped that for the time being or is it more system/engine related?

Since you use an "If" instead of "when" I assume that there´s still no definitive decision in that matter? Seasons would be awesome, they would add a lot of life and diversity to a city (snow, dried leaves), but personally I still hang on day/night cycle...
Is it purely a matter of man hours that you skipped that for the time being or is it more system/engine related?

Hehe welcome to the games industry, if something is not 100% decided, signed, agreed upon and written on a stone tablet that has been sent back in time and disguised as a runestone we will not use definitive terms. Things change too much for us to promise stuff :)

As there will apparently be different climates available (and possibly more after release), it'd be cool if different climates had to deal with different issues. A city in a tropical jungle, for instance, wouldn't worry about snow, but might, say, worry about a hurricane or monsoon or something. A city in the desert, meanwhile, might experience sand storms or drought conditions. Stuff like that.