• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sinname

Captain
Sep 25, 2014
Wouldn't you like see snow on the rooftops and kids making snowmans, rain over the streets, frozen lakes or tons of tourists in the beach at summer?
It would be great but, besides that I think that it could happen events like Christmas, carnaval, summer festivals, gay pride and more, maybe...
If you organize it.

Other idea that I have is the ability to customize districts, something like...if you want you may get a district to be the financial center,
for university and university students, for night clubs, for touristic hotels and summer activities...
What do you think about it? :)

Reactions:
Upvote 0
There's plenty said about customising districts in neighbouring threads.
The season system sounds nice, but it's mere visuals, and since we're not even provided with day/night cycle, I doubt they will do the season cycle. It's an interesting question if this all will be moddable though.

I know that what I said isn't new, there are many ideas about districts customize but I don't knew where write my idea. If it isn't appropriate, I can eliminate this thread ;)
In another hand seasons and their events are a very good idea and I had to say it^^
I hope a DLC for that!

Would be cool!

A other think i would like is some special events you can get for your town if you reach some stuff for example have a good health and sport infrastructure + publictransport then you can organiz a Footbal WM or other big sports events like Olympia and get many tourist during that time in your town but you have to handle them all. Or some other events in Musik a Rock band in your town ;)

Would be cool!

A other think i would like is some special events you can get for your town if you reach some stuff for example have a good health and sport infrastructure + publictransport then you can organiz a Footbal WM or other big sports events like Olympia and get many tourist during that time in your town but you have to handle them all. Or some other events in Musik a Rock band in your town ;)

That sounds so GOOD! I think it's a great idea :) It will be funny and very realistic, Olympics Games, World Games sailing, technology fairs...

Seasons could definitely be an interesting DLC/expansion. Higher energy demand in winter, higher water demand in the summer (dem paddling pools and water sprinklers!), more cims choosing to drive to work in winter, snow/ice causing traffic issues, etc. Maybe even seasonal tourists (e.g. beach resort city = better in summer)?

Hosepipe bans in summer along with heat stroke causing increased demand on healthcare as well as increased tourism.

Burst pipes, downed power lines and potholes in winter. Maybe have a ski resort to attract tourism in winter.

Would jump at a seasons DLC.

I love Slornie's ideas. I never thought seasons could be so interesting. But this would add some real challenges to utility management as well as visual affects. I won't be holding my breathe for it though. At this stage doing a day/night cycle is too much for the developers. Hopefully there will be doors open for mods to cover these things.

I love Slornie's ideas. I never thought seasons could be so interesting. But this would add some real challenges to utility management as well as visual affects. I won't be holding my breathe for it though. At this stage doing a day/night cycle is too much for the developers. Hopefully there will be doors open for mods to cover these things.

I wouldn't call it "too much", it's simply been looked at and we decided not to add it, as it would pretty much only add visual fidelity in how the game plays today. Days pass too fast, it wouldn't make sense to go between day and night.

Still, it's something we know you would like to see and we agree it would be a very nice addition :)

At first - hi there. I'm new to this forum but i followed most of the threads for some time now - and you guys are amazing. :)
I really would like to know how you decided to go for a "few-seconds-a-day" mode instead of like "1sec-1min" or something like this?
Because I don't see the benefits in terms of realism when you don't have some kind of day/night circle the citizens can follow. I mean there will be something like rush hours where you have to take care of the traffic when everybody's on the road to get to work and home again but you won't be able to predict when it will happen if you don't have any daytime/nighttime but only days fly by where you have perfect sunlight all day long.

I wouldn't call it "too much", it's simply been looked at and we decided not to add it, as it would pretty much only add visual fidelity in how the game plays today. Days pass too fast, it wouldn't make sense to go between day and night.

Still, it's something we know you would like to see and we agree it would be a very nice addition :)

Well I don't know if it's too much or not, but i'm sure you guys are working hard trying to bring us the best experience possible in the limited time frame you have. I'm sure doing a night time mode with lighting etc would add a lot of extra work. I'm not sure why you guys wouldn't just do what SimCity 4 does with its time management features. Or maybe the day night cycle could disable when the game speed is turned up, and only be active when the game operates at speed of 1sec=1min like 'mac1521' suggested. I'm sure I will understand your decisions when I play the game and see how it all works.

Last edited:
A snow season would definitely make for some interesting choices. For example your going to have to plow the roads covered in snow, this means you could have the options to choose what roads to prioritize, and what roads to even bother plowing at all that are worth the financial toll.

At first - hi there. I'm new to this forum but i followed most of the threads for some time now - and you guys are amazing. :)
I really would like to know how you decided to go for a "few-seconds-a-day" mode instead of like "1sec-1min" or something like this?
Because I don't see the benefits in terms of realism when you don't have some kind of day/night circle the citizens can follow. I mean there will be something like rush hours where you have to take care of the traffic when everybody's on the road to get to work and home again but you won't be able to predict when it will happen if you don't have any daytime/nighttime but only days fly by where you have perfect sunlight all day long.

The time scope you go through on a playthrough is way too long for such a slow progression in time, if we want to keep it remotely realistic. It's like if CK/EU had gone down to a minute to minute basis instead of days at a time.

If we do add day/night eventually I am pretty sure it will be a toggle or just be active when playing the slowest possible speed.