Season Pass stops at three or keeps going?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless it's a json file change/creation, I wouldn't call what roguetech, et al. do as small and easy to the end user given that the modders often alter, or hook into, significant portions of the unrestricted code in dlls.

Unless it's a json file change/creation, I wouldn't call what roguetech, et al. do as small and easy to the end user given that the modders often alter, or hook into, significant portions of the unrestricted code in dlls.

Even assuming the mod's creator is doing that (and it's pretty reasonable he did), it still proves the current game code can handle it, and that developing the necessary code alterations as well as scripting the JSON files, then as doing rudimentary testing on the mechanics could be achieved in one person's free time over just a few short months.

Short of buying the required code, how much easier are you expecting this to be?

Even assuming the mod's creator is doing that (and it's pretty reasonable he did), it still proves the current game code can handle it, and that developing the necessary code alterations as well as scripting the JSON files, then as doing rudimentary testing on the mechanics could be achieved in one person's free time over just a few short months.

Short of buying the required code, how much easier are you expecting this to be?
I never said it couldn't be done. I said it would be a lot of work. For the amount of work it would take, I personally think it's more likely HBS would release it as a full-priced sequel rather than as DLC.

But they might prove me wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm simply sharing my expectations, not trying to push things in any given direction.

Okay first, your original argument was that roguetech did it so it would be easy for the end user to do it. That is not true given what roguetech does, and how it does it. If it was just json edits sure, but it's not.

Second, Packrat's argument isn't that the engine can't handle it (obviously it can with effort) it's that the game systems are not designed around the implementation of those feature without significantly changing the balance of the game. That is why Packrat thinks this game is going to stay as a 3025 era game.

I definitely don't see a need for BattleTech 2. The base engine was hopefully designed for ease of expansion (based on Roguetech I say it is), so that they can keep adding more mission types, mechs, functions, skills, etc. I would expect 1-2 DLCs per year for the next 3-6 years. Since BT is a universe with a long timeline, they could throw engine upgrades into the free expansion, and eventually support the game all the way up to 3067 when the timeline stops.

Then they can go back to the Amaris Civil War and the Fall of the Star League for another pair of campaigns/DLCs (RWR side/SLDF side for the invasion of the RWR, and then the reconquest of the TH).

Doesn't stop at 3067 my friend. I give you TRO 3150:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout:_3150

well for many(including myself).....the battletech timeline stops at the end of the fedcom civil war.
many of us abhor the abomination that was MWDA and what it did to the Inner Sphere.

Yeah, I also tend to recognize the BT universe up to around the FedCom Civil War. I think that is basically because I haven't experienced the video games that came after it (essentially the MechAssault franchise).

I wouldn't be completely against learning more about that period and playing in that timeline, but until I play a game that does, I sort of just ignore that it exists.

Yeah, I also tend to recognize the BT universe up to around the FedCom Civil War. I think that is basically because I haven't experienced the video games that came after it (essentially the MechAssault franchise).

I wouldn't be completely against learning more about that period and playing in that timeline, but until I play a game that does, I sort of just ignore that it exists.
As much as I never engaged in that era either, I wholeheartedly believe that HBS could craft a campaign there just as interesting as this Periphery campaign that would be palatable to even critics of the era (despite the fact I doubt any would admit it as possible before seeing it for reasons we are all aware of), or even more so since by then a more mature quantity of additional mechanics and tools would be at their disposal.

At the minimum it would have the benefit of their writing, and the novelty of new tech toys for the combat game that most of us are not accustomed too.

YMMV as always.

There have no doubt been a ton of Lessons Learned along the way to BATTLETECH's Launch. Some of which would no doubt benefit the development of ground up, purpose-built BATTLETECH 2.0... hopefully for Fourth Succession War, then three more FLASHPOINT-like episodic expansions before a CLAN INVASION expansion built from a BATTLETECH 3.0 version.

Ugh. I’d say to just focus on replicating all the splat books from the ‘80s and keep it all in the pre-4SW era. How ‘bout an ELH campaign set in 3000-3010? Wolf’s Dragoon’s Campaign? Snord’s Irregulars? Hell, and expansion for each 3025 Merc unit and HBS would be set.

well for many(including myself).....the battletech timeline stops at the end of the fedcom civil war.
many of us abhor the abomination that was MWDA and what it did to the Inner Sphere.

Same, except it stops with the end of the Clan I vision for me. Though I’m giving the “Twilight of the Clans” series a shot.

I’d rather see more of the 2nd & 3rd SWs.

The Jihad brought LAMs back and Dark Age have weaponized industrial mechs. Clan Invasion is my favourite, but i´d play in any BT era.

Getting back on track. Wording on steam made me believe season pass would give us the 3 first DLC, and then a discount on any future expansion.

But given Dnote answers, i´m starting to think there´ll be no discount after DLC 3...

A fully-fledged sequel with a new campaign and new game mechanics:

sHPFiV5.jpg

HBS did mention that the BATTLETECH timeline will march forward, rather than back toward the Star League and earlier Succession Wars.

Though of course “...in Success, all things are possible.”

: )