• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Been playing since December and this has not happened to me at all. Have you tried:

-verifying files
-redownloading HIP/reinstalling
-using another character in another era who isn't leading armies, isn't in a regency, and isn't busy with anything else?

Also, are you:

-using mods
-using the latest version of HIP

It's not working as intended for me either. I'm able to commission the smith, instantly get the respective item, and a bit later receive a refund as if the smith died.
Had the exact same thing happen to me numerous times. Most of the time the smith decision works as intended, though. Besides HIP i'm using Viet Events Reborn, HIP - Expanded Trade and More Navigable Rivers - HIP/SWMH. Maybe it's the Viet mod that's causing it...

That's very weird. It's working fine for me since forever. But to be honest, I remember similar reports and there it's possible that I have fixed the issue myself.

Last edited:
The patch I posted in another thread on this subforum now fixes a bug that caused instant artifact completion followed by a refund as if the smith had died .

This happened only after taking specifically the "Impressive set of crown jewels" option, which is probably why some of the posters here never experienced it.

If you run into an issue, there is a much better chance of getting it fixed if you can describe in detail exactly what you did, what options you chose, and what happened afterwards.

• 1Like
Reactions: