• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Korbah

Ratel
131 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
If there are any scripters interested in joining our already active scripting team we have a few tasks that we could use some extra hands to code. You'll need the latest SVN version so make sure you've read this thread, other than that all you need is knowledge of Crusader Kings 2 event/decision/plot scripting or a willingness to learn.
Note that we don't like to use other mod's scripts or assets, anything you contribute we ask is original work coded by you.

• Saints System for the Eight/Nine Divines & Tribunal religions and a related Honoured Ancestor system for Nerevarine, Reclamationist and Old Velothian religions. Simplistic method of creating the system would use Prestige and Piety, if a character has high prestige and high piety they could have a chance of being named a "Saint" by the religious head in an on_death event.
  • Holidays: Decisions to hold festivals on certain dates (can be limited to month or within a range of months due to how "inaccurate" CK2 scripting can be with dates), or random events that can occur around specific dates. These would have to be region restricted based on the lore. A list of the known holidays can be found here; http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calendar#Holidays

Completed
Fabricate Evidence of Treason
Aim: Reduce opinion of target's liege toward them and provide a reason to arrest, also allow liege to revoke a title (as if they target had actually committed treason).

Requires;
- Event chain dealing with fabrication of duplicity by co-conspirators, with a scale of quality of the fabricated evidence and presentation of it to target's liege. Liege will then decide to believe or dismiss said evidence.
- Potential Event chain dealing with the discovery of actual duplicity if the target is a part of a plot, allowing the Plotter to decide if they want to reveal this to the target of their target's plot.
- Event chain dealing with the target or their spy master discovering the Plot (if the target's spy master is a conspirator, then obviously he shouldn't reveal it).

Modifiers;
- Presence of Plotter's Spy Master set to Organize Spies job action should positively affect the chance of higher quality evidence being fabricated.
- Presence of the target's Spy Master set to Uncover Plots should adversely affect the chance of evidence quality and increase the chance of discovery.

Replace Regent
Aim: Plotter replaces target as designated Regent.

Requires;
- Decision when at 75% to 100% of plot power, sending a demand to be appointed Regent to Liege.
- Decision when at 100%+ of plot power, sending a demand to be appointed Regent to Liege. (Higher chance of success).

Opinion of the Liege toward Plotter should affect outcome (higher opinion, more chance of success).

Slander
Aim: Spread vicious rumours about the target having a variety of effects.

Requires;
- Event dealing with fallout of rumours (can be a couple of events, should reduce either vassal_opinion, liege_opinion or general_opinion).
- Event dealing with target gaining stressed, depression and potential suicide.
- If target is a Councillor, an event which results in their dismissal and appointment of the Plotter in their stead (if eligible).
- If target is a lover or concubine, an event that has them being set aside by their man.
- Discovery event: should lead to target and plotter becoming rivals.
- Failure event: a failure event leading to a random co-conspirator or the plotter suffering backlash (they gain a minus to liege/vassal/general opinion depending on severity).

Last edited:
Reactions:

phantasmal

Corporal
24 Badges
Aug 30, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
I think I qualify as a scripter. I will work on these and see what I put together.

Status report:

Fabricate Evidence of Treason - Code done
Replace Regent - Code done
Slander - code done

Stuff left to do : testing, cleaning up, localization, event pictures

Will drop by the steam chat at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Korbah

Ratel
131 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I think I qualify as a scripter. I will work on these and see what I put together.

Status report:

Fabricate Evidence of Treason - Code done
Replace Regent - Code done
Slander - code done

Stuff left to do : testing, cleaning up, localization, event pictures

Will drop by the steam chat at some point.
Sorry phantasmal, I didn't realise you were editing your post with updates. Feel free to drop by chat; we're a pretty friendly bunch.

Reactions: