• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ferizo

Private
9 Badges
Feb 6, 2011
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
I was wondering why there wasn't any screenshot or 'show your creations' thread yet, unless I'm either oblivious or the search function is bugged that I missed it.
I for one am quite curious to see how the community goes about their way in game and what ungodly creations they may have created.

To start it off, I'll post something I 'dug out' so far. It's nothing special, just something I made up on the spot whilst doing a mission.
Had to improvise a bit here and there because piling walls and bridges doesn't always seem to work 100%.

Using spoiler tags because I've got multiple shots.

Initial View from Mission Start:

001.png
Right angle, view on the hallway, few tree patches cause I thought they looked nice.

002.png
Graveyard ironically placed near the spawning pool.. it's small because that's all the casualties I have (so far) darn goblins ambushed us early on.
May their spirits rest in peace or whatever it is that dwarves do in the afterlife.. Balin, son of Fundin bla bla bla.

003.png
Worker Hall and Research Lab

004.png
Closer look on the above screenshot

005.png
Throne Room.. didn't know where to put the bed so I placed it as a centrepiece.

006.png
Kitchen, Slaughterhouse, you name it..

007.png
Warrior's Quarters, big luxury bed in the middle because I built it, regret it and thought it was a waste to sell it again.

008.png
And last but not least, the ever so dangerous Mines.

009.png

That's all I've gotten so far. I know it's not much and may still look a bit empty/void on some spots. Guess I need to find more props.
I still haven't finished the mission yet.. too busy building pointless things like this, but at least I'm having fun. ^^;

So yeah, I'm curious to see what everybody else is doing if anyone is willing to show and tell..?
It doesn't have to be pictures of fortresses etc. anything else you may have discovered that is either funny or worth noting is nice too.

Like how dwarves just magically float in mid-air because they still have to dig out the squares next to were they fell.. ~.~

DERP.png

Awesome!
only things is - every time I think to maybe post something like this, someone else does and I look at these kind of pics and go "yeah, my stuff is crap looking" so I never post it.
:D
Love looking at other people stuff though

"You got a lovely looking kingdom there little dwarf." - I don't know why that comes to my mind when I see the photos above.

In all serious though, it looks great. One of these days I'm going to start a game that has no enemies in it so that I can build more creatively as when ever I try it now the event rooms just below my starting level have boss mobs in them that destroy everything. Will definitely have to start a no-enemy game soon to add some creative builds to this topic.

Good job OP, it looks great.

Not as impressive as Ferizos castle, but whatever else your fort looks like, every dwarven home need a big throne rooom
0xwPS.jpg

97OoV.jpg
checkers ... having to fit in a cramped place
MmGCV.jpg

the old throne room is the new entrance
IWTBp.jpg

Ooh, I like the checkered room a lot, Iche. Makes me wonder why I didn't think of that xD.

You inspired me to go ahead and mine the crude room I still had next to the Kitchen and Warrior's Quarters.. so... I did and well, here's the result!

Entrance to the new 'Gaming Room'

010.png
Closer look inside, waiting room/lobby on the left side.

011.png
The royal balcony, fit for the Prince and his closest friends.

012.png
The honorary seats reserved for the ever-so brave Military.

013.png
The commoner seats for everyone who isn't royalty or special (even though they worked hard creating this hall).

014.png
The chessboard itself.. Improvised some of the pieces as you can see. (we need more black objects!) ^^;

015.png

All in all, t'was a good idea to mine out that hall because I found massive chunks of Dragonforce which fuelled the gold I needed for the remaining dreadstone and marble I was missing.
And I still have leftovers for other.. uhh stuff. So, yeah.. Thanks Iche ;D

Edit: Oh and it's nice to see we got a separate forum for things like this now!

Last edited:
Here are some screens of my first major creation. Nothing overly impressive, but I thought it turned out fine considering I did almost no pre-planning.

Entrance to the Castle:

2012-10-26_00003.jpg

The Throne Room for Prince (or Princess?)... Pikka

2012-10-26_00004.jpg

Throne Room from a side angle:

2012-10-26_00005.jpg

Dwarves relaxing in the Plaza:

2012-10-26_00001.jpg

Zoomed out view of the level:

2012-10-26_00006.jpg

I really fell in love with the plaza. Simple but really elegant. Very nice ways of using the tools you have to create something unique and interesting. Well done, indeed.

My little dwarfenfortress (work in progress). ignore the wood in some pictures. those are graphic glitches.

Entrance to the stairs down.
2012_10_27_00001.jpg

staircase inside.
2012_10_27_00002.jpg

we move on to the spawning room.
2012_10_27_00003.jpg

going further to stairs down
2012_10_27_00004.jpg

throne/dining room. guests are expected.
2012_10_27_00005.jpg

on closer inspection we see that the whole room is a giant marble plate elevated on pillars made out of obsidian. true dwarf-craftsmanship! (plus secret stair behind the throne)
2012_10_27_00008.jpg

secret laboratory deep down under the throne room. (lvl 100 researcher dwarf :rolleyes:)
2012_10_27_00006.jpg

secret crypt under the secret laboratory. not even the prince knows of this!
2012_10_27_00007.jpg

sadly I can't proceed with building as I intended thanks to some annoying bugs. and a first person view would be awesome!