• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI-Player

Corporal
6 Badges
Dec 7, 2020
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
Hello! A probably often asked question, but I still couldn't find a post / answer - maybe I'm too "blind" .... sorry! Darkest Hour is not displayed in the full 17" screen resolution on my laptop, only as a small box (right and left with black stripes) ... I tried the setting options in the launch box but that doesn't work! Is there one possibility to change the display so that my 17 "screen is fully used by the game?

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
If you are running with Intel graphics, you should have a little program installed "Intel Graphic Settings" . Open it and check to see if "Scale Full Screen" is checked.

Right click on Darkest Hour.exe then go to Compatibility Settings - first check "disable Fullscreen Optimization" then click on "chance high DPI Settings" and check the "override High DPI scaling behavior" and it must be selected scaling performed by "Application" and its done.

That helps if you use Windows 10 at every Game that displays the Picture in that wrong Way.

Hope thats your Problem,good Luck.

Reactions:
Windows 10 (PC/Laptop)
Try running it in window mode but with the window covering your whoel screen, the launcher, it will tell you you can't do that but you can. Just right click the game .exe file, go to properties, then check "reduced colour mode" and make it 16. Then run as admin. Now go to your settings file in the same folder part of it should look like this:

6 # Display resolution: 0 = do not change (default: 1024x768), 1 = 1152x864, 2 = 1280x768, 3 = 1280x1024, 4 = 1440x900, 5 = 1600x1024, 6 = user specified - see below
1600 # Screen Width (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
900 # Screen Height (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
1 # Display mode: 0 = full screen, 1 = windowed

Then just launch the game from the game exe not the launcher, it will use the last used mod, see if that works?

Reactions:
Try running it in window mode but with the window covering your whoel screen, the launcher, it will tell you you can't do that but you can. Just right click the game .exe file, go to properties, then check "reduced colour mode" and make it 16. Then run as admin. Now go to your settings file in the same folder part of it should look like this:

6 # Display resolution: 0 = do not change (default: 1024x768), 1 = 1152x864, 2 = 1280x768, 3 = 1280x1024, 4 = 1440x900, 5 = 1600x1024, 6 = user specified - see below
1600 # Screen Width (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
900 # Screen Height (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
1 # Display mode: 0 = full screen, 1 = windowed

Then just launch the game from the game exe not the launcher, it will use the last used mod, see if that works?
Yes - thanks! It works!!

I am still having a similar issue with my 1920 x 1080 laptop. While I can center the game using the method @Oberst Willi suggested, it doesn't use up the full screen. From what I can tell, the suggestion of @Rosa Parks IV simply causes the game to crash on launch.

I am still having a similar issue with my 1920 x 1080 laptop. While I can center the game using the method @Oberst Willi suggested, it doesn't use up the full screen. From what I can tell, the suggestion of @Rosa Parks IV simply causes the game to crash on launch.
I was able to solve the problem with one of the suggestions here "a long time ago", but unfortunately I don't remember which one it was! I think it was Rosa Parks IV solution!

That happens to me as well if I cover literally the whole screen with the game window, try lowering your resolution to 1600x900 or