• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

HOI-Player

Private
Dec 7, 2020
Hello! A probably often asked question, but I still couldn't find a post / answer - maybe I'm too "blind" .... sorry! Darkest Hour is not displayed in the full 17" screen resolution on my laptop, only as a small box (right and left with black stripes) ... I tried the setting options in the launch box but that doesn't work! Is there one possibility to change the display so that my 17 "screen is fully used by the game?

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    1,3 MB · Views: 0

VTs

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
Dec 13, 2002
If you are running with Intel graphics, you should have a little program installed "Intel Graphic Settings" . Open it and check to see if "Scale Full Screen" is checked.

Oberst Willi

Sergeant
83 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Rise of Prussia
Right click on Darkest Hour.exe then go to Compatibility Settings - first check "disable Fullscreen Optimization" then click on "chance high DPI Settings" and check the "override High DPI scaling behavior" and it must be selected scaling performed by "Application" and its done.

That helps if you use Windows 10 at every Game that displays the Picture in that wrong Way.

Hope thats your Problem,good Luck.

Reactions:

Rosa Parks IV

Private
1 Badges
Feb 12, 2021
  • Darkest Hour
Windows 10 (PC/Laptop)
Try running it in window mode but with the window covering your whoel screen, the launcher, it will tell you you can't do that but you can. Just right click the game .exe file, go to properties, then check "reduced colour mode" and make it 16. Then run as admin. Now go to your settings file in the same folder part of it should look like this:

6 # Display resolution: 0 = do not change (default: 1024x768), 1 = 1152x864, 2 = 1280x768, 3 = 1280x1024, 4 = 1440x900, 5 = 1600x1024, 6 = user specified - see below
1600 # Screen Width (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
900 # Screen Height (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
1 # Display mode: 0 = full screen, 1 = windowed

Then just launch the game from the game exe not the launcher, it will use the last used mod, see if that works?

Reactions:

Rosa Parks IV

Private
1 Badges
Feb 12, 2021
  • Darkest Hour
Did either of mine or Oberts Wills solution work for you? Because they both work for me on windows 10.

HOI-Player

Private
Dec 7, 2020
Try running it in window mode but with the window covering your whoel screen, the launcher, it will tell you you can't do that but you can. Just right click the game .exe file, go to properties, then check "reduced colour mode" and make it 16. Then run as admin. Now go to your settings file in the same folder part of it should look like this:

6 # Display resolution: 0 = do not change (default: 1024x768), 1 = 1152x864, 2 = 1280x768, 3 = 1280x1024, 4 = 1440x900, 5 = 1600x1024, 6 = user specified - see below
1600 # Screen Width (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
900 # Screen Height (used if 6 is selected as screen resolution - see above)
1 # Display mode: 0 = full screen, 1 = windowed

Then just launch the game from the game exe not the launcher, it will use the last used mod, see if that works?
Yes - thanks! It works!!