• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
First selectable countries are:
Code:
1419		1520		1648
Dauphine	France		Netherlands
Castile		Spain		Ottoman Empire
Burgundy	Gelderland	Portugal
England		England		Oman
Ottoman Empire	Ottoman Empire	Spain
Muscowy		Russia		Mughal Empire
Poland		Poland		Austria
Portugal	Portugal	China
Austria		Austria		France
Sweden		Sweden		Southern Ming
Denmark		Denmark		England
Venice		Venice		Ayutthaya
Ak Koyunlu	Safavid Empire	Sweden
Byz. Empire	Morocco		Safavid Empire
Brandenburg	Brandenburg	Brandenburg
Hungary		Crimea		Atjeh
Bohemia		Palatinate	Russia
Aragon		Savoy		Denmark
Ayutthaya	Ayutthaya	Yemen
China		China		Saxony
Timurid Empire	Mughal Empire	Mataram
Delhi		Dai Viet	Poland
Japan		Japan		Ukraine
Songhai		Songhai		Crimea
Because Dauphine is too long at the left of the list and 1648 first selectable countries are not at the "right" place, I propose:
Code:
1419		1520		1648
[COLOR=gold]Castile		Spain		Spain[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gold]Dauphine	France		France[/COLOR]
Burgundy	Gelderland	[COLOR=gold]Netherlands[/COLOR]
England		England		[COLOR=gold]England[/COLOR]
Ottoman Empire	Ottoman Empire	[COLOR=gold]Ottoman Empire[/COLOR]
Muscowy		Russia		[COLOR=gold]Russia[/COLOR]
Poland		Poland		[COLOR=gold]Poland[/COLOR]
Portugal	Portugal	[COLOR=gold]Portugal[/COLOR]
Austria		Austria		[COLOR=gold]Austria[/COLOR]
Sweden		Sweden		[COLOR=gold]Sweden[/COLOR]
Denmark		Denmark		[COLOR=gold]Denmark[/COLOR]
Venice		Venice		[COLOR=gold]Saxony[/COLOR]
Ak Koyunlu	Safavid Empire	[COLOR=gold]Safavid Empire[/COLOR]
Byz. Empire	Morocco		[COLOR=gold]Morocco[/COLOR]
Brandenburg	Brandenburg	Brandenburg
Hungary		Crimea		[COLOR=gold]Crimea[/COLOR]
Bohemia		Palatinate	[COLOR=gold]Oman[/COLOR]
Aragon		Savoy		[COLOR=gold]Savoy[/COLOR]
Ayutthaya	Ayutthaya	[COLOR=gold]Ayutthaya[/COLOR]
China		China		[COLOR=gold]China[/COLOR]
Timurid Empire	Mughal Empire	[COLOR=gold]Mughal Empire[/COLOR]
Delhi		Dai Viet	[COLOR=gold]Southern Ming[/COLOR]
Japan		Japan		[COLOR=gold]Japan[/COLOR]
Songhai		Songhai		[COLOR=gold]Yemen[/COLOR]
Changes in gold. Atjeh, Mataram and Ukraine are replaced in 1648 by Savoy, Morocco and Japan. Better solution?

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
In 1648, Mughal Empire has cores and cultures impossible to gain by event in previous scenarios. Wad?

It'll need to be fixed. I'm looking at the Mughal cores right now, in attempt to make sure that Kabul/Mughal Empire takes Delhi.

I'm not sure Southern Ming should be the choice in 1648.

Also, this is somewhat OT, but before we develope anymore later scenerios, we should develope a 1405 scenerio.

Garbon said:
I'd rather not go backwards, if we could avoid it.
Well for asia it would make so many things better, as well it might make things better for modeling more of the 100-year war.

It was suggested it could be a replacement for 1419.

Jinnai said:
Well for asia it would make so many things better, as well it might make things better for modeling more of the 100-year war.

I don't see how it'd make things better for Central Asia. It'd probably encourage more ahistorical outcomes in the Timurid sequence.

YodaMaster said:
In 1648, Mughal Empire has cores and cultures impossible to gain by event in previous scenarios. Wad?

There are also some other inconsistancy problems, for example lithuanian culture still exists and the Netherlands does not have frisian culture

Bohemia-Palatinate slot needs to be something central european in 1648. Bavaria?

Then we should also replace Yemen with Oman, because Oman was more important.

I'm opposed to shifting 1419 back to 1405. It would screw up Russia setup and require several tags for the first 10 years of the game(Smolensk, Suzdal'). Events will be needed to achieve the status quo of 1419 - while things stayed the way they were in 1419 for the next 20-30 years.

I am fine with the changes. I also oppose shifting 1419 back to 1405. It requires the use of the no-time-limit patch making it incompatible with Mac. The entire mod then becomes unplayable.

Fodoron said:
I am fine with the changes. I also oppose shifting 1419 back to 1405. It requires the use of the no-time-limit patch making it incompatible with Mac. The entire mod then becomes unplayable.
We could also end the scenerio earlier. I mean, yes there are a few who play till 1819, but how many games have you gone that far?

Norrefeldt said:
I'm fine with that fixing Yodamaster.
I still say Southern Ming should be replaced with something like Persia as Southern Ming was even at this point very much in decline with no successor-state,

Just a review of proposed changes for 1648:
Southern Ming => maybe not. Suggestion: keep Dai Viet as in 1520
Bavaria instead of Oman
Oman instead of Yemen

Other suggestions?

At start of 1648 scenario, some colonies are implanted in NA but corresponding Native Dispersion events fire the first day. These events should be marked as already happened.

YodaMaster said:
Just a review of proposed changes for 1648:
Southern Ming => maybe not. Suggestion: keep Dai Viet as in 1520
Bavaria instead of Oman
Oman instead of Yemen

Other suggestions?
Dai Viet might be good to keep, but i still say a lack of Persia in 1648 seems wrong.

I support the Savoy choice, as it could be now an important player in the War of Spanish succession made by Fodoron.

As stated in 1.37.1 bugs, each scenario could have its specific DP reminder.

Easy to fix, we just have to (I can do it if nobody disagrees):
- create one with right dates for 1520 and another for 1648 with actual global one as basis: first event fires the first Februrary of the starting year.
- have a different name for the three files, for example including the startdate of the scenario.
- add entry directly in corresponding eug file and remove the global one in events.txt.

As I proposed, we could replace "Ok" as first choice in events with "Remind me" in order to have an explicit entry in History log.

And events don't need offset nor deathdate with this solution.

Jinnai said:
Dai Viet might be good to keep, but i still say a lack of Persia in 1648 seems wrong.
Persia is Safavid Empire (PER tag), included in 1648, no?

Bordic said:
I support the Savoy choice, as it could be now an important player in the War of Spanish succession made by Fodoron.
Yep, and globally as emerging power. Btw, it is already in 1520.

YodaMaster said:
Persia is Safavid Empire (PER tag), included in 1648, no?

Yep, and globally as emerging power. Btw, it is already in 1520.
Well, Savoy in 1520, I don't know if it was an independent state, because France occupied it in the Italian Wars, so maybe if not vassalized by FRA it should be changed with another...

IIRC, Savoy became independent only after 1559 because Duke Emanuele Filiberto led Spanish troops in the victorious St Quentin battle.