• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(63129)

Private
Nov 30, 2006
Scenario is set in 1073.

Download: http://www.uploading.com/files/4S3R3U8C/1073_-_Inheritance.eug.html

Preferred platforms: Deus Vult/DVIP.

In CK the Viking dynasties are not included, and that's why I made this.

The Yngling-dynasty could only be traced back to Harald Hardraade's father Sigurd, so I made it trace back a few centuries longer including Harald Fairhair and his sons. I also added Eric the Red's family and Egil Skallagrimsson's family (infamous vikings), fictuosly, Olav Kyrre's oldest bastard child is Ulv, who can be traced back to both Eric the Red on his mother's side and to Egil Skallagrimsson on his mother's grandfather's side.

In reality, Magnus Barefeet was born in 1073, he was a bastard son of Olav Kyrre and became king after Kyrre's death.

In this scenario, the fictiuos Ulv is added, born in 1066. Olav inherited his brother Magnus, and thereby the Duchy of Trøndelag in 1069 when Magnus died.

And then, fictuosly, Olav Kyrre dies in 1073 after changing the laws to elective and then making his oldest bastardson the duke of Trøndelag, making the 6 year old duke return to Akershus and his Kingdom.

Last edited: