• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
by the way, I just found out there is a GUISCALE option in settings.txt.

I altered it from 1 to 3 (gui_scale=3.000000 in settings.txt, the file is in documents/paradox interactive/eu4)

1eA9TP3.jpg

this is result, on 4608x2880 resolution.

So the mods I listed above aren't really needed.

Reactions:
by the way, I just found out there is a GUISCALE option in settings.txt.

I altered it from 1 to 3 (gui_scale=3.000000 in settings.txt, the file is in documents/paradox interactive/eu4)

WOW!!! I'd like to click that "help" button 100 times if that helps.
I have been suffering from tiny unreadable UI for quite a while, after buying my hi-res screen a few months ago, and the mods only partially solve this problem by using anachronistic fonts. (The original Garamond font actually belongs to the EU4 era) The GUISCALE option will save my eyes. Thank you!

By the way, do you know if that option also exists for CK2?

WOW!!! I'd like to click that "help" button 100 times if that helps.
I have been suffering from tiny unreadable UI for quite a while, after buying my hi-res screen a few months ago, and the mods only partially solve this problem by using anachronistic fonts. (The original Garamond font actually belongs to the EU4 era) The GUISCALE option will save my eyes. Thank you!

By the way, do you know if that option also exists for CK2?

I think not. BUT, you might try to ADD this command line to the settings file for CK2.

It might work.

I only assume it 'might', because some commands from *.ini, *.cfg and whatnot files work in games from the same producer ALSO.

I think not. BUT, you might try to ADD this command line to the settings file for CK2.

It might work.

I only assume it 'might', because some commands from *.ini, *.cfg and whatnot files work in games from the same producer ALSO.
OK, I tried that option on both EU4 & CK2.

It works for EU4. However, the scaled UI becomes a little ugly. It's still the best thing we have so far, though.
It does not work for CK2, unfortunately.

Reactions:
OK, I tried that option on both EU4 & CK2.

It works for EU4. However, the scaled UI becomes a little ugly. It's still the best thing we have so far, though.
It does not work for CK2, unfortunately.

I just tried this with EU4. I'm so glad I found this thread! I realize that I'm late to the game, but I experimented with a bunch of gui_scale levels. 3.0 was too big for what I wanted. 2.0 was too small. I went in increments of .1 between them. For me, I have found that 2.4 works really well on my monitor.

I didn't run any scientific comparisons, but I think that 2.4 looks sharper than 2.3 or 2.5. I posit that even numbers work better for the scaling.

Just thought I would throw this out there. Don't be afraid to try non-whole numbers!