• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't take this as a criticism, as I'm really enjoying the fact that you are improving this so quickly- but how are you improving so quickly? Most modders seem to take weeks to
up date their mods. Thanks for this yet again however! Now, to show those damn Danes why Alfred earned his nickname.

Don't take this as a criticism, as I'm really enjoying the fact that you are improving this so quickly- but how are you improving so quickly? Most modders seem to take weeks to
up date their mods. Thanks for this yet again however! Now, to show those damn Danes why Alfred earned his nickname.

Most mods that take such a long time either wait to introduce eye grabbing new features or keep up a development build that would be the equivalent of about 20 or more of the mini updates Kovu's doing. He seems to take after Meneth, believing that quick fixes and small constant updates are better than waiting for amazing features or a massive amount of changes at once. Neither is more correct, but I have to confess that I much prefer this method. If only because it ensures that compatibility and bug fixes are more or less assured.

There's a number of reasons.

As Necal said, the sheer difference in size is a major part of it. The biggest chunk of this mod is the altered history files and that was a matter of copying and pasting one or two things into each file. The constant updates I release are miniscule compared to what, say, CK2+ will put out. Hell, the amount of work that has gone into this mod as a whole is a fraction of what most mods contain.

Then there's the fact that most the improvements just involve copying and pasting things, either from the vanilla files or from my own and then tweaking a little bit each time.

My two mods are incredibly simple is the basic gist.

Then there's the fact that I have a lot of spare time. :p

Also, with this one at the moment, the mod list hasn't been updated yet so I like to keep the updates coming because it keeps this near the top of the list so more people see it.

Besides, the first update i made was to correct my own mistakes as the mod was practically unplayable when i released it so it was on me to fix that as quickly as I could. This update's biggest chunk is just including someone else's work and incorporating it into mine, which is pretty easy to do.

And again, Necal is right, I'd rather supply a string of small updates that improve it than wait for a big collection...though I do try to space things out, i just get impatient :p

There will hopefully be another update within the next few days, as soon as someone who knows what they're doing answers my 'Quick modding question.' about a bit of event coding. The biggest stall in what I release is my own lack of knowledge of coding as I'd literally never touched modding till I released my other mod.

The next one will most likely just be decisions and events based around the Prince of Wales title unless I think of anything absolutely amazing to include. At this point the only thoughts I have on what else to add to this are earlier start dates or more start dates between 874 and 1066, both of which would require a lot of coding and would take a while to come around.

If anyone has a suggestion then i'll be happy to hear it and I'll see what I can do to incorporate it.

And yes, i know the Prince of Wales thing isn't a Saxon thing, and the way I'm implementing it it has nothing to do with Saxons but it's something relating to England that is missing and I want to incorporate.

EDIT: BREAKTHROUGH!!! I've got the event to grant the titles to the right person, wooo. But I can't get the Prince of Wales to be a vassal of England when I grant it.

Last edited:
Okay, finally, all the problems SHOULD be ironed out. I have spent the whole day sweating over code that wouldn't work for one reason of another but here you are, yet another patch that just fixes things.

okay so it's not exactly perfect as to what i want it to be but it is at least playable. I am aware that when you try to create a 'mini kingdom' it says 'complete controlled ----' but that's not important and there's a missing localization for creating the K_England decision for none saxons.

Last edited:
Any plans to have a anglo-norse melting pot? If not, do you know how I can edit the file to do so? I already have VIET's norse-gael, so I might as well have this too. Would prove for an interesting later game with a united England on either side.

Last edited: