• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Destraex

Field Marshal
72 Badges
Aug 18, 2011
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Vikings
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Is it finally in game?

Is it finally in game?

"Save Game" is not a "feature", it is a pre-requisite for any serious strategy game. The last time I was impressed with a computer game allowing saving, it was when I first played Wolfenstein 3D back in ~1992.

Well if you consider consoles then there is still reason to be impressed ;)
OK. No save no buy. I made the mistake of purchasing the original and simply have not
got time to waste on such long missions when no save can be made. I get interrupted a lot by
the family. A lot of the time I am cooking dinner while I play!

Why cant you guys just press the ESC button and get out of the game, when you are interrupted by family of have to cook dinner. I mean, a save feature would be awesome to have if you'd actually have to go away, and for those experiencing freezing issues, but, whats the thing with all those 30-minute interruptions, i hardly think you would actually turn off the PC for that, so hit ESC and the game pauses till the fellow admiral is back on the bridge.

Why cant you guys just press the ESC button and get out of the game, when you are interrupted by family of have to cook dinner. I mean, a save feature would be awesome to have if you'd actually have to go away, and for those experiencing freezing issues, but, whats the thing with all those 30-minute interruptions, i hardly think you would actually turn off the PC for that, so hit ESC and the game pauses till the fellow admiral is back on the bridge.

How helps me the esc button at late evening when its time to go to bed? Its still totally incrompehensible how to argue against a savegame feature. Why cant you guy not be so cranky?

Last edited:

Maybe some people just want to play 1/2 or an hour a day. Then comeback to it the next day!!!

I just cannot comprehend why the developers didn't include a save function from the outset and am incredulous that they still haven't.

I have been considering buying the game since it was released but without a save function it is an absolute non-starter for me, even when it was discounted down to c£2.50 I didn't buy, had it had a save game function I would probably have purchased it at full price and would definitely have bought it in one of the sales.

I just cannot comprehend why the developers didn't include a save function from the outset and am incredulous that they still haven't.

I have been considering buying the game since it was released but without a save function it is an absolute non-starter for me, even when it was discounted down to c£2.50 I didn't buy, had it had a save game function I would probably have purchased it at full price and would definitely have bought it in one of the sales.

If you do your first real game and don't do a proper object model in the design phase and think about how to serialize it before you start to code - it can be a royal pain to add it afterwards... Sadly...

I'm really interested in the game, but the numerous complaints and lack of dev communication puts me off getting it. Maybe 75% off during the Winter Seal... would consider full price now if it didn't look so dubious on the forums.

NWAC is dead. I spent 17 hours on it before I lost interest. I haven't touched it since.

Anyway, you know a game is a failure when you look back and see that you had more fun posting on the forum than actually playing the game. :unsure: The lack of a save feature breaks the game. Shame on you, Jan!

NWAC is dead. I spent 17 hours on it before I lost interest. I haven't touched it since.

Anyway, you know a game is a failure when you look back and see that you had more fun posting on the forum than actually playing the game. :unsure: The lack of a save feature breaks the game. Shame on you, Jan!
Well said. Had more fun whingeing about it and asking for promised features than actually playing the painful, yet so promising title.