• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

elucidus4

Recruit
25 Badges
Jun 12, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Just got Battletech on the windows Store as a part of the gamepass and it will not allow me to save, nor will it autosave. This is with or without Ironman. Try reinstalling on another drive and that didn't help. Tried checking the read only status of the save folders, but everything appears fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Sorry, no updates possible until Monday at the earliest as Friday was a Swedish public holiday.

We will get there soon I'm sure!

Same issue as reported here already, I am unable to save at any point. Passed tutorial passed first 3 missions still unable to save. At this point i have ~2-3 wasted hours, would be nice to get some feedback about when this is gonna be fixed instead of having to load this thread everyday.

Same issue here. I played for 6 hours and am completely locked out of any ability to load the games. Infinite loading screen. I was also never able to save at any point, even on the non-mission interface (ie on the ship). Tried resetting app data, signing in, signing out, uninstalling. Hope my game load will work when patched!

Same issue here- all save/load options are greyed out no matter what I do, and the game always hard crashes when quitting. Would love to play this game and it seems really fun, but having to start from the beginning of the campaign every single time I launch it makes it unplayable.

Last edited:
Sorry, no updates possible until Monday at the earliest as Friday was a Swedish public holiday.

We will get there soon I'm sure!
Hi,
you explained no news until Monday - well do we have any progress today ?
Still no eason found why many users cannot save at any point during Campaign of the XBox Gamepass version ?
Is Paradox or Harebrained Schemes working on it ?

Yes, this is being worked on by HBS, I raise it with Paradox almost every day. AFAIK there is not a formal ETA as yet, I guess due to testing - with Gamepass/Xbox editions Microsoft insist on vetting every patch before release, and we have no way of predicting how long they will take over that. And of course if their testing or ours finds a new problem then it has to start again.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, this is being worked on by HBS, I raise it with Paradox almost every day. AFAIK there is not a formal ETA as yet, I guess due to testing - with Gamepass/Xbox editions Microsoft insist on vetting every patch before release, and we have no way of predicting how long they will take over that. And of course if their testing or ours finds a new problem then it has to start again.
Can you confirm if it has been submitted to Microsoft? or is still being tested in house.

I as well, am curious as I loved playing it yesterday until I could not continue after dinner . . . please let us know asap as I would love to buy the season pass but won't until this is resolved

Experiencing this problem also its the only paradox published game I have on a platform other then steam I've gifted this game to a friend who had a perfectly good time there also so hopefully this can get sorted soon :p. I do experience the same issue of no save + crash on game closing. I can see its a pretty wide spread problem considering how badly the game has been review bombed on the windows store as a result. Its a real shame that storefront has no news system to notify people that its being worked on.

Holy moly I thought for sure the game just didn't autosave and was ready to groan and roll my eyes about it but slap myself for being lazy, but it's just been totally unplayable for users on this platform since release? I would expect like, hourly updates here, how in the world is this a "no ETA" thing?

Last edited:
SUPER disappointed.

I also got the Battletech game (this Friday, the 26th). Steam says I have played for 17 hours.

Looked for that C# folder in my drive....yeah...NOT THERE

After a good 6+ hour session last night, I went to load up my Career game this afternoon.

NOTHING THERE

Well...there was an Autosave Career game from...oh...14 days into my career....

I have never requested a refund from Steam before, but I am seriously considering it at this point.

SUPER disappointed.

I also got the Battletech game (this Friday, the 26th). Steam says I have played for 17 hours.

Looked for that C# folder in my drive....yeah...NOT THERE

After a good 6+ hour session last night, I went to load up my Career game this afternoon.

NOTHING THERE

Well...there was an Autosave Career game from...oh...14 days into my career....

I have never requested a refund from Steam before, but I am seriously considering it at this point.
The problem discussed in this thread affects the MS Windows 10 store edition of the game only. If you have the Steam edition you have a different problem, please start your own thread - thanks!

Holy moly I thought for sure the game just didn't autosave and was ready to groan and roll my eyes about it but slap myself for being lazy, but it's just been totally unplayable for users on this platform since release? I would expect like, hourly updates here, how in the world is this a "no ETA" thing?
I am sorry there is no recent news. I will again follow up with Paradox tonight.

The problem discussed in this thread affects the MS Windows 10 store edition of the game only. If you have the Steam edition you have a different problem, please start your own thread - thanks!

Sorry, I missed that microsoft part of the title. I saw saved game issue and thought 'yeah that's me too!' heck, I didn't even know microsoft had a store thingie.

If there were meaningful updates from yourselves there would be no need for bumps.
From my experience it is totally acceptable and expected for a resolution forum thread to be bumped every day or so on a totally game breaking issue in lieu of any update from the developer or their team.

• 3Like
Reactions: