• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Epsilonlogan

Recruit
Jul 10, 2020
I’m having a problem with the game unexpectedly quitting near the date 2379??

I’ve deleted several play throughs where each time they have quit at this date. Each time I get the “CE 34878-0” error. The PlayStation is updated and the game is updated. I have never been able to get to the end game content.

Please advise.

1. What platform are you using? PlayStation.

2. What version of the game are you using? Newest

3. What DLC do you have installed? Leviathans, utopia, synthetic dawn, apocalypse.

4. When did this start happening? Since I downloaded the original game without the DLC.

5. Can you replicate it, if so, please explain how. I reach the date 2379 and when the game tries to save it crashes. Each time I get a blue screen and the “CE 34878-0” error. I have tries deleting old saves and beginning new games and each time same crash. It doesn’t seem to matter the map size, fallen empire active or inactive, Ironman mode active or inactive. Same crash.

6. Does this happen on all saves or just specific ones? All saves.

7. What steps have you taken to try and solve this yourself (reinstall, Google error code etc)? Yes. All of it. Google says the CE 34878-0 error is a generic issue report. Advising to check that the software is up to date which it is. Send crash reports every time. Asked in Discord. Emailed Sony. Issues remain unresolved

Upvote 0
Same here - my game crashed on year 2473, so it's 27 years till the victory. And I can do nothing about it - each time I load it, I see an error. Stupid game. I've spend almost 2 months for this game, to get corrupted save file even before I finish the game...

Last edited:
I've just checked my Save game on 2.0.3 (PS4) and now it works! Don't know if it will crash till the end of the game, but at least I can load it now.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: