Save file not compatible with new game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

push2flush

Recruit
Nov 15, 2020
I just tried to play for the first time since February and none of my game files will open - all of them state that they are not compatible with the new game. I checked the changelog for update 11 and there's no indication that the game save files shouldn't work.

It was in the patch notes in Update 10. Very first line under 'General'.

Since Update 10 came out in Sept, your February saves won't work.

You have skipped about 6 versions since then, so I'm afraid it is expected that old saves will not work. The game has changed vastly in that time!

This is common with Early Access games ... I've actually come to enjoy the excuse to restart with a new colony using the new rules and features every few weeks!

As I mentioned, I have not played the game since February. This is the only Epic game that I've played using their launcher and I was not aware when I installed the launcher that automatic updates is turned on by default, so that's that. Thank you for your response.

Since no one else has, welcome to the forums! @push2flush .

Check back from time to time for updates. Paradox also streams Surviving the Aftermath on Twitch normally every Tuesday at 10 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Hope to find you in Twitch Chat, and stay safe!