• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pasulj

Recruit
9 Badges
Sep 28, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings III
Hello,

My game has crashed and now the game is giving an error message of a corrupted save-file.

It is showing failed to load savegame and it is the save - ironman - going for the mother of us all achievement with a lot of hours invested (over 70hours) is there any way of returning the save, it was saved on cloud.

Please help this is very bad.

Cloud save files are visible here:

And should have a local cached copy in ...Steam/userdata/{BigNumber}/1158310/remote/save games/

If it is not there or they are all corrupted then I'm sorry to say the save is irrecoverable. The crash must have happened while the game was actually writing the file out - very bad luck!

Well no, as 0 mb means it is empty. Look in documents/paradox/ck3/ is there a last_save.ck3 there, if so is it a more normal size? If so move it into documents/paradox/ck3/save games/ , and see if it can load then.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well no, as 0 mb means it is empty. Look in documents/paradox/ck3/ is there a last_save.ck3 there, if so is it a more normal size? If so move it into documents/paradox/ck3/save games/ , and see if it can load then.

Thank you - that latter recommendation of moving "last_save.ck3" over into /save games/ helped resolve the same issue I had.

Thank you - that latter recommendation of moving "last_save.ck3" over into /save games/ helped resolve the same issue I had.

Alas, the second time around this occurred, it didn't resolve the issue, lost my saved game ONE empire away from a world conquest run. That is immensely frustrating and disappointing.

Alas, the second time around this occurred, it didn't resolve the issue, lost my saved game ONE empire away from a world conquest run. That is immensely frustrating and disappointing.

Oooh, I found another workaround. Had a crashed game file, replaced that in the saved games folder, then loaded CKIII, and started a "CONTINUE" game. It was a bit further back, but it works and is still in Ironman mode.

For anyone reading all the post about fixing your corrupt save, when you move the save file from the crashes folder to your save game folder you then need start the game, do not click resume, and go into the load section to see the load file show up and click it. Seems obvious now, but when you are following people's step by step process and they leave out any detail it is easy to overlook it, hope this helps someone, almost lost 70 hours of going from a county to an empire in my first time playing, would have quit for good to be honest if I couldn't fix this. Amazing game, thankfully there are fixes in the design, just not very clear about how to do it.