• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
index.php

Thanks to not having the limit on idea groups, we're able to get humanist ideas now. We're going to be getting the group fleshed out ASAP, to make our realm more stable.
That's a good idea indeed, I once had two ideagroups of the same category (as 3rd and 4th if I remember correctly) and that went horribly wrong, so I never do that again.

Sarig Yogir is really advancing quickly, I'm sure soon you'll be the dominant power in Asia instead of Ming.

That's a good idea indeed, I once had two ideagroups of the same category (as 3rd and 4th if I remember correctly) and that went horribly wrong, so I never do that again.

Sarig Yogir is really advancing quickly, I'm sure soon you'll be the dominant power in Asia instead of Ming.

Taking on Ming will be coming soon enough, since there's only 5 good opportunities to do so. Every time they advance their mandate abilities/bonuses/whatever they're called, their mandate drops by 50. And since the AI will take the next bonus when they reach 90 mandate, they'll be hovering around 40 mandate for anywhere between 5-10 years. And with low mandate comes additional damage from both fire and shock phases, up to an additional 50%.

Couple that with the "Unguarded Nomadic Frontier" disaster, and fighting on flat lands, I'm confident that we'll be able to crush Ming.

Shouldn´t the Disaster have already started accumulating? He has a northern border wtih Ming from the Mongolian lands, and the Indian land is super rich, with that much Indian land shouldn´t he be at 300 dev already?

Shouldn´t the Disaster have already started accumulating? He has a northern border wtih Ming from the Mongolian lands, and the Indian land is super rich, with that much Indian land shouldn´t he be at 300 dev already?
That's only if you're not a tributary, which I currently am. Like you said, I'm well over 300 dev already, I've just been using the "Ming Shield" to eat many of the minors in the area without consequences.

Taking on Ming will be coming soon enough, since there's only 5 good opportunities to do so. Every time they advance their mandate abilities/bonuses/whatever they're called, their mandate drops by 50. And since the AI will take the next bonus when they reach 90 mandate, they'll be hovering around 40 mandate for anywhere between 5-10 years. And with low mandate comes additional damage from both fire and shock phases, up to an additional 50%.

Couple that with the "Unguarded Nomadic Frontier" disaster, and fighting on flat lands, I'm confident that we'll be able to crush Ming.

heh, never even knew that.

maybe that can be used when doing Taungu achievement before 1500.

Surely they would get an 'advance' before 1500, right?

Cool chapter, but this shia block to the south is a bit scary.

It's not what I'd have liked to have seen, but at least it's not a hugbox of three strong blocks. Since Shia is, more or less, a dead sect of islam in EU4, eating Bahmanis should be a cinch, since AE will be a non-factor. But I'd have preferred if Vijayanagar had won the south. Hindu is a much less troublesome religion to fight against.

heh, never even knew that.

maybe that can be used when doing Taungu achievement before 1500.

Surely they would get an 'advance' before 1500, right?

The only problem I see with that is that the 'Unguarded Nomadic Frontier' disaster requires Ming to be bordering a 300+ dev horde, that is not their tributary, and does not have a border with them. Other than that, I'd guess that Ming would go through one or two reforms/advances by 1500, three if they have a LOT of tributaries.

And, just so you know, the bonus damage due to low mandate is based off of the amount of mandate they have. At 0 mandate, it's the +50% damage I said, but at 40 mandate, that's 10% additional damage. Nothing to sneeze at, but not as decisive as it could be.

And, just so you know, the bonus damage due to low mandate is based off of the amount of mandate they have. At 0 mandate, it's the +50% damage I said, but at 40 mandate, that's 10% additional damage. Nothing to sneeze at, but not as decisive as it could be.

are you sure i thought ingame it said its flat -50% below 50 :eek:

are you sure i thought ingame it said its flat -50% below 50 :eek:

Positive. It's based off the level of mandate had. At 40, the damage modifier is +10% damage, while at 25, it'd be 25%. It's on a per-point basis, so the only way to get the 50% extra damage against Ming/the EoC is to have them have 0 mandate.

Chapter 3
Chapter 3: The Golden Rule

Welcome back to the horde, we've got a fresh horse ready for ya, because we ride at dawn!

20170716152142_1.jpg

Now, it's time to finish cleaning up the north. We can't be having any of these wise guys consolidating power up here! So Jangladesh is going down.

20170716152241_1.jpg

And we're now officially 15 years ahead of time in mil tech. So we've got a LOT of time to flaunt our advantage in tech (+.80 cavalry shock!!)

20170716154502_1.jpg

We ate Jangladesh and took a province from Multan, then turned to Sind. They have cores on Gujurat, so we'll take them as a vassal, one way or the other. I mean, there's no way we're gonna core everything. Plus, I'd like to get rid of that border with Gujurat one way or the other, our colors are pretty much the exact same!

20170716154634_1.jpg

See? You can barely tell where our glorious horde land ends, and where that ugly heathen Gujurat's garbage fire of a nation starts!

20170716155112_1.jpg

We full annex Sind, take their money, and raze their province before we release them as a vassal. Get those points, cash, and horde unity wherever you can!

20170716155135_1.jpg

Welcome back, Sind! You won't remember what we just did, will you?

They will not, because we drugged their drinking water. ;)

20170716155418_1.jpg

Unfortunately, the Oirat have problems keeping their rebels in check, so we have to go and solve this problem ourselves. While we're here, we're going to eat Khalkha, who had popped out of Mongolia, thanks to rebels.

Also, we got ourselves a GOD for a general, thanks tribal estate! :D

20170716155853_1.jpg

Trouble in the Timurids, you say? BANKRUPT, you say? Why, we won't take advantage of our rival in their time of weakness, no siree. ;)

20170716155929_1.jpg

But first, since we're already here, let's clean up this wannabe horde.

20170716162934_1.jpg

Took a bit longer than expected, but there goes Khalkha, Nothing to show, it was go in, siege, and win.

20170716164948_1.jpg

And, since we're here, let's get a new truce with the Oirat. I mean, more tengri land is always preferable to non-tengri land!

20170716170343_1.jpg

It looks like horse-god has cursed us with a less than intelligent heir. But, given that our current leader is a 5/6/5 (thanks to an event that boosted his dip skill by 1), maybe this is horse-god's way of giving our neigh-bors a chance...

Or maybe our concubine had one too many late night benders while pregnant.

20170716195953_1.jpg

We peace out for 100 WS, wiping Mongolia from the map. This war took way too long, thanks to Mongolia's capital not falling for a while. Frustrating, but only because we're used to blitzkrieging our enemies and winning in 2ish years.

20170716200237_1.jpg

Speaking of blitzkrieg, we gotta hurry if we're to get any advantage due to Timmy's poor financial situation. Sorry, Timurids, it's nothing personal. Just our deep-seeded hatred of you, our rival. :mad:

20170716201915_1.jpg

The one time I'm HAPPY to take a fight while sieging a fort. Since this was on flat land (drylands, iirc), we had the attacker bonus for hordes, which is vastly superior to the defender bonus IMO. Which lead to this decisive victory.

20170716202306_1.jpg

1501, and Colonialism has appeared in England, oddly enough. Oh boy, do I hope that Iberia is a mess, maybe Granada has taken over, or maybe Leon and Navarra have split Iberia into an east-west block!

Or, maybe nothing like that happened, and I'm getting my hopes up, only for them to be dashed. Only way to find out is to keep on going!

20170716202648_1.jpg

We peace out the Timurids for just this strip of land. We wanted to block off as much of their land as possible, as well as get a peace fast. They just had too many forts for a prolonged war to be worthwhile, we have Indians to assimilate!

20170716202750_1.jpg

But, not before we raze the land and release Persia!

Now, I did make a bit of a mistake here. I should have waited for Timmy to convert more of Persia's cores, since currently Persia is Shia, while almost all of their cores are sunni, including the land I'm going to give them. So I just made myself a future headache of a vassal. I should really know better than to use Persia as a vassal, but I guess I'm either dumb, or a glutton for punishment. Maybe both :oops:

20170716203241_1.jpg

Now, thanks to our scatterbrained approach to expansion, Baluchistan is currently sieging up Gujurat. So we waste no time in DOWing them, and make a B-line for Mewar, one of the two gold provinces in India.

20170716203754_1.jpg

Luckily, we made it to Mewar before Baluchistan, and even got the important Gujurati land sieged up!

And on a side note, this is the first time that our brave horse riders have ever seen the ocean. It confused them at first, since they could not run across the surface of the water and pillage&burn a pod of whales, but they quickly learned that it wasn't possible. And our people are now obsessed with getting permanent access to this mysterious, blue field, to try and figure out how to let their horses run wild across its surface.

20170716204103_1.jpg

While we wait and pray for Baluchistan to peace out of their war, we go to clean up Multan. It's a pretty simple war.

20170716204335_1.jpg

A simple war, with a simple result.

20170716204358_1.jpg

We're at a stalemate with Baluchistan, since they won't peace out until they can get more WS, and we won't peace out until we can get what we want (Mewar and w/ever else we can get our hooves on). So, to break the stalemate, we declare war upon Mewar. No, not the province! The nation! We eat them, we have access to Mewar. So to get Mewar, we must destroy Mewar, savvy? :confused:

Too bad we couldn't peaced out without risking losing Mewar, otherwise we could have used Mewar to wipe Gujurat from the map.

20170716205429_1.jpg

You'd think we were German, what with how fast we're getting our enemies to surrender. :D

20170716205546_1.jpg

While we still hope against hope that Baluchistan peace out for next to nothing, we go on and prepare to crush Delhi. Which is cathartic for me, since they are, more often than not, the northern power of India.

20170716205607_1.jpg

I mean, it's no wonder we beat Delhi so handily. I mean, they're fighting in their pajamas, for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

20170716210137_1.jpg

We finally cave, taking only the handful of provinces we had occupied. We raze everything BUT Mewar, it would be foolish to raze a goldmine. And Sarig Yogir isn't a country of fools!

20170716210311_1.jpg

We take the majority of Delhi's land, revoked a few cores, and took their lunch money. We don't bother with their northern, mountain holdings. They're occupied by Kashmir separatists, they're of no concern to us at the moment.

20170716210425_1.jpg

Now it's time to finish off the last potential target for Bahmanis! Jharkhand is a tributary of Ming, so they're safe, and Gujurat has a truce with them. Containment in the north is almost complete!

20170716211021_1.jpg

And our old friend Khalkha showed up again, thanks to more rebels in Oirat. It would be... un-hordely of us to not greet them with the sound of hooves rushing across the plains, sabers being drawn, and incomprehensible shouting!

20170716211646_1.jpg

More land, more money. And we're weakening the Oirat, even while we have a truce. Thanks, rebels! :cool:

We also finished our war with what's his name down in India, nothing of note to have been seen. Trust me.

20170716211758_1.jpg

Alas, our khan had finally gone off to ride with the great horse in the sky. But, at least he left an heir that's OK. While more mil points would have been preferred, at least he has above average administrative skills, and a strong claim. No need to bump up unity this time, we have wars and razing to boost that this time!

20170716211847_1.jpg

Korchin, it's time to die. Manchurian hordes have failed to surpass and surpress Ming, therefore you have failed as a culture. Your freedom is forfeit.

On a side note, I don't understand why only MANCHU hordes can raise banners. Maybe there's a historical reason I don't know about, but it seems kinda silly to me that the remnants of Genghis's empire everywhere else don't know how to raise banners, and only those directly north of China do. :rolleyes:

20170716212034_1.jpg

Mongolia got spat out of Korchin, thanks to Korea, so we immediately DOW them. Thanks to our quick timing, we arrive before the turn of the month, meaning we will win this war in a single month. Thanks, empty garrison!

20170724211405_1.jpg

Like I said, easy-peasy. We revoke as many of their cores as possible, take their money, and burn the land for kingly mana. On a side note, while we're updating our mil and dip techs (primarily mil), all of our admin that doesn't go to coring is going towards humanist ideas. While we do have good unity now, due to being tengri, we're not going to be tengri forever.

20170724211511_1.jpg

And, just as we get down to the end of our war with Korchin, a minstrel entered our land. We let him pass, but kept his horse, hoping that it would tell us his secrets for success.

20170724211611_1.jpg

Korchin, you're done. And now, our brave horse soldiers are heading back towards the Indian subcontinent.

Right now, we're well above the threshold for giving Ming their disaster, but we're still their tributary. We're riding at around 35 trust with them, since they break tributary status when trust dips below 30, which saves us a point of stability. Once they get their next advancement of the mandate, we're looking to break tributary by refusing their demands, so that they can get to 0 mandate ASAP.

20170724211852_1.jpg

Punjab had popped out of Timmy, thanks to rebels, and we jump on this immediately. We hired 3 mercs back in December (when Punjab reappeared), and we'll be able to take their fort while it's ungarrisoned, as well as occupy all their provinces, no hassle.

20170724212133_1.jpg

Since we're looking to get going in the Persia region, we decide to get in the Ottomans good books early. Now, if you've read my first AAR (shameless plug here ), you'll know that I'm looking to use this more as a deterrent and a way to keep the Turk off my back until I'm ready to fight them. Also, it's a handy way to contain their expansion. By allying them, we can block off ALL of the land to the east of them, if we take the land in a strategic manner. :cool:

20170724212147_1.jpg

Admin tech cost reduction? Don't mind if I do!

Too bad it's not going to get used, what between the humanist ideas, and not having colonialism. :rolleyes:

20170724212244_1.jpg

Punjab is annexed, razed, and fed to Sind. Sind is then put on scutage, since I realized I had forgotten to do so. :oops:

20170724212320_1.jpg

Time to seal the deal. Worst case, we lure them into the flatlands of Persia and show them superior horde fighting abilities! We have 60 army tradition with no forts in any of our 100+ provinces, that should tell you how little peace we've had! Fighting is in our blood!

20170724212500_1.jpg

Time to kill Jharkhand. I don't want them around on the off chance that Ming doesn't defend them from Bahmanis, or if Bengal suddenly becomes a tributary. Plus, this'll lower their mandate gain, win-win.

20170724213039_1.jpg

This event is a godsend when playing as a horde. Like I just said, peace is rare, so autonomy is usually left high. And corruption reduction is always a blessing.

20170724213325_1.jpg

This is brilliant. The two most powerful Indian nations now hate each other, meaning a war against either will be childs play now. This is why you set anyone you border as interesting, people! :)

20170724213347_1.jpg

Jharkhand, get in my belly! I'm tired of spelling your name! Plus, you give us easier access to that one coastal fort that Bengal has.

20170724213642_1.jpg

Horse-god is pleased with our conquest, and gives us a much better heir this time around! Shame he has low legitimacy, but that's nothing a little conquest won't be able to fix!

20170724213802_1.jpg

We threaten war against the Timurids this time. Why, you may be asking? Well, it's simple. I want to cut off Hormuz from Timmy. Whenever I would see the Timurids getting occupied by rebels (pretenders, nothing important), Hormuz would, without fail, unsiege the land it could. Which is why that bit in the east is still occupied. So, hopefully this will allow for us to break the Timurids in our next REAL war, without any pesky tributaries taking land back from rebels!

Also, Afghan rebels in Persia, because they were converting more sunni land. This babysitting job better pay well in the end, Persia! :mad:

20170724214006_1.jpg

With the potential coalition dealt with (Timurids, Baluchistan, Bahmanis, and Bengal could have theoretically formed one, hence the threatening of Timmy), we go to break apart the southern block. Bahmanis isn't paying for ANY of their forts, even with our elite horsemen on the border. So we declare, and rush in to try and take 5 of the forts!

20170724214048_1.jpg

After having fought a lengthy war with Vijayanagar, Bahmanis is positively knackered, and prime for a brutalizing.

Also, note to self, put Persia on scutage. :oops:

20170724214111_1.jpg

Timurids in a civil war? Color me surprised :rolleyes:

And those are the forts we rushed, anything else was JUST barely out of our reach. But still, five forts instantly taken is impressive. Well, 4, since Mandla was hit by the entirety of Bahmanis' army. Still a solid start.

20170724214700_1.jpg

You think hills can save you, puny Indian minor?! Foolish fool who foolishly thinks he can fool the fooler of fools!

20170724214712_1.jpg

Defeated once...

20170724215006_1.jpg

Twice...

20170724215306_1.jpg

Three times defeated, and almost obliterated each time.

Did I mention they still had tech 8?

20170724215519_1.jpg

The plains, Bahmanis? You wish to die THAT badly? Well, it'd be the opposite of neigh-borly to deny that request!

20170724215528_1.jpg

I'm fairly certain that Bahmanis will NEVER recover from this war. If they do, that just means we have to HIT THEM HARDER!

20170724220225_1.jpg

This is what we take in the peace deal. We split Bahmanis into 3 sections, with the northeast section being completely and utterly blocked off from them, for easier conquering. And, more importantly, we took about 5 forts, and Golkonda, the second gold province in India. That'll not only CRIPPLE Bahmanis' income, but will bolster ours. Our economy is pretty much 100% gold based at this point, so we're gonna be going strong for a LONG time!

20170724220946_1.jpg

We're currently fielding the third largest army in the world (as far as we can tell), and we're actually making a PROFIT, thanks to developing Mewar for colonialism. Hordes, man, they're a force to be reckoned with.

20170724221327_1.jpg

And that's where I'll leave it for now. We're currently on the fast track to being the strongest nation in the world, all in the span of 100 years. It's been about 80 years, and we're improved our nation 100-fold, almost 110-fold. We're at 710 development, and we started at only 7. Throw in our vassals, and we're positively huge! And thanks to our devouring of several of Ming's tributaries, we have plenty of time to secure India before we get into a deathmatch with Ming.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited:
Sorry about the time between chapters, everyone. I just had a really strong urge to go and kill me some Nazis, which took precedent over fighting Indians. I hope the long chapter made up for the wait, though!

On a side note, I don't understand why only MANCHU hordes can raise banners. Maybe there's a historical reason I don't know about, but it seems kinda silly to me that the remnants of Genghis's empire everywhere else don't know how to raise banners, and only those directly north of China do. :rolleyes:

you can raise banners, IF you culture shift to Manchu culture. No matter what nation you start as. You could culture flip to Uzbek to form Mughals, only to culture flip to Manchu right after, to get banners...

Right now, we're well above the threshold for giving Ming their disaster, but we're still their tributary. We're riding at around 35 trust with them, since they break tributary status when trust dips below 30, which saves us a point of stability. Once they get their next advancement of the mandate, we're looking to break tributary by refusing their demands, so that they can get to 0 mandate ASAP.

nice, didn't know it works like this.

This is brilliant. The two most powerful Indian nations now hate each other, meaning a war against either will be childs play now. This is why you set anyone you border as interesting, people! :)

wonder where you got that idea...

anyhow, nice chapter, and good humor ;)

But those borders - hurts my eyes they do.

you can raise banners, IF you culture shift to Manchu culture. No matter what nation you start as. You could culture flip to Uzbek to form Mughals, only to culture flip to Manchu right after, to get banners...

Culture shifting WOULD be nice, but at the same time, I'd be spending a lot more dip than I'd like, especially since our 3rd idea group will be of the diplomatic type. And forming the Mughals would be nice, but not what I'm looking for. Horde Lyfe is the best life.

nice, didn't know it works like this.

I did a LOT (and I do mean a LOT) of testing and experimenting with the region, so I've learned quite a lot about how the mandate works.

wonder where you got that idea...

anyhow, nice chapter, and good humor ;)

When you're looking to conquer the world, it's interesting to know even if a peasant sneezes. :p

I'm still not as micro-managing as you are, but I'm pushing myself back into my old, OLD habits of playing slow, maybe covering only 20 years in a couple hours of play.

And thanks, there's a lot more room for humor here, compared to Zoroafrica. I'll do my best to keep it up!

Always nice, a LOTR reference. At least I hope I'm not mistaken and it really is one :p.

Your expansion is really huge, hat off to you. Let's see how long it'll take to take Ming's capital ;).

T-totally. Of course it's a LOTR reference, sure... I love it when Gandalf of Orange says that to Frodo Samwise of Balrog, rallying the orcs against Sauron :confused:

And Ming is on the to do list, but it's not as immediate as it would be if I were Manchu(rian culture).

For the horde!
i'm amazed you pulled all this with only 40k troops

40k troops, as a horde, is a lot like having 80k as a non-horde. Fight in flat terrain, and have a good shock general, and your opposition will, 9/10, just MELT in the shock phase. Having 95% cavalry ratio means that you're gonna run down enemies until cannons and fire gets their booster shot in the later half of the game.

Plus, like I showed in the Bahmanis war, strategic objectives (AKA ungarrisoned forts) will allow for greater mobility and destruction of your opponent's army. Because no one likes sieges.

But those borders - hurts my eyes they do.

They were a necessary evil, but it will be rectified soon enough. We just needed to have more immediate access to the southern forts, as well as rid them of the very forts we had rushed to take.

Chapter 4
Chapter 4: Strategic Expansions, Not Just About Development

Welcome back to Sarig Yogir, the most stable and prosperous horde since Genghis Khan's Mongolia!

20170806163117_1.jpg

We're looking at some A-grade AI incompetence right here. The siege has been going on for about 6 months now, and there's not been any attempt for Baluchistan to raise any additional troops to siege the fort down. So we're not even going to bother with declaring on Gujurat while we have this "GENIUS" controlling the siege that matters. :confused:

20170806163638_1.jpg

The Age of Discovery has ended, all praise the Age of Reformation! Who knows, maybe we'll reform during this age, since it'd be all too appropriate. ;)

20170806163859_1.jpg

And, this just in: Danes hated by all other Scandinavians! We now return to your regularly scheduled looting and pillaging.

20170806164046_1.jpg

Apparently, Ming loves it when you turn away people trying to get into your country. Which makes it odd when we refuse to let their envoy in when he wants to collect the tribute for the year :rolleyes:

20170806164302_1.jpg

Time to punch the Timurids in the face, with the help of Uzbek. Mostly just so they don't try and jump in on the dying Timurids. Last thing I'd want would be for rebels to pop, and then the land defect instead of the Timurids breaking.

20170806164338_1.jpg

Piece of cake, we even let Persia have one last war before being put on scutage indefinitely.

20170806164848_1.jpg

Gujurat got their act back together, so we're using this time to get at least SOME of the lands we want. All because the silly AI can't figure out how to hire more troops :rolleyes:

20170806165348_1.jpg

Never invade Afghanistan, they said. It'd be a disaster, they said! Well, who's facing disaster now, HUH?! :D

20170806171203_1.jpg

Well, well, well. Well...come back, Mewar. Remember me? Of course you do. Just released from jail, you say? Well, how about you join the family :cool:

20170806171233_1.jpg

Bye Gujurat, you were a pain in my side for far too long.

20170806171406_1.jpg

And goodbye AGAIN, Mewar. I hope you brought sunscreen, a lot of the people we conquered claim to have been... burned, shortly after the peace was signed. o_O

20170806171506_1.jpg

Looks like the Timurids army isn't all that keen on fighting us. Well, you know the old saying, "when the going gets tough, the tough flee to the Siberian wilderness and become hermits" :confused:

20170806172916_1.jpg

This is what we take from Timmy. We carefully took land that the Ottomans didn't want, while making sure to block them from getting too much further into the east. We also were keen on getting a land connection with the Ottomans, in case we want them to help us in a war.

Sorry about the border gore, it's... well, it's definitely NOT PG-13. And I am sorry about that. :( ;)

20170806173313_1.jpg

Oh no, Uzbek. You were such a great ally, I will mourn the loss of this alliance forever...

Okay, I'm over it. On to the next victim!

20170806173322_1.jpg

Mong Yang has just lost a war, and has no friends willing to defend them. Prime target for the encroaching horde!

20170806173341_1.jpg

Yeah, if any of our past wars are anything to go by, we don't fight even battles.

20170806173358_1.jpg

Humanist ideas are finished! We now have a PERMANENT 125% religious unity, meaning we could conquer the whole world, have NO tengri lands, and still be at 125% RU. Powerful stuff indeed.

20170806173441_1.jpg

I love this event, I just wish it happened more often. This time, we got the 100 diplo points. But that's still a welcome gift :)

20170806173637_1.jpg

Fighting Buddhists is easy as 1-2-3.

20170806173647_1.jpg

This was a real blessing, let me tell you. Our SIEGE GENERAL (2 siege pips) got the siege ability trait. I'm so sad that this man isn't immortal, he's everything I want. :(

20170806184136_1.jpg

Mong Yang is full annexed, for the glory of horse god! Since we didn't reveal Arakan or Lan Na's capitals, we only get AE with a handful of nations in and around Indochina. Horse god has blessed our horde with neighbors who rarely check on their neigh-bors!

20170806184230_1.jpg

We accomplished our mission that I totally didn't forget that I took, and then razed all the land, save for the gold mine in Mong Kwang. Because you NEVER raze a gold mine, it's one of the four laws of Sarig Yogir.

20170806184535_1.jpg

Welcome back, Mong Yang! I hope you wanted to become the ruler of Indochina, because that's what's in store for you!

The primary reason Mong Yang was released as a vassal was to lessen the amount of Mandate that Ming gets per month. Because Mong Yang is our vassal, they cannot be Ming's tributary. That means that they get a malus for having a bordering nation not be their tributary. It's not huge, only -.1 per month ATM, but it's still enough to delay them from advancing the Mandate. And as we feed them land, the malus will grow with each 50 dev, IIRC.

20170806184623_1.jpg

And before we have the chance to lose our CB on them, we attack Cachar, dragging in Lan Na and Hsweni. We know about the latter, and they have no army to speak of. The former, however, is a mystery. But judging by the position of their name, we have nothing to fear.

20170806184656_1.jpg

Like I said, nothing to fear.

20170806184711_1.jpg

Smash, bash, and dash. No one wins against a charging horde!

20170806184750_1.jpg

And happy day, the Ottomans hate the Ming! Which means, when we go to kill the Ming, we SHOULD be able to bring the Turks in to help! :D

Fingers crossed that they don't go into massive debt.

20170806184903_1.jpg

Same strategy, different day.

20170806185038_1.jpg

Idea cost reduction forces me to focus on getting more of the admin ideas filled out. Curses, I wanted technology! But, I guess that's a good problem to have.

20170806185215_1.jpg

Okay, that's annoying. I forgot that the enemy could travel through Ming's lands. I thought I had them pinned down! :oops:

20170806185341_1.jpg

This is why I split Bahmanis the way I did, to keep them from just DESTROYING Bengal in a war. I'd rather Bengal get bigger than Bahmanis.

20170806185408_1.jpg

Looks like we're going to be hearing about the Protestant League soon enough. Shame that we can't even see what's going on in Europe's western front. But, that's part of the fun, guessing as to what's going on!

20170806185622_1.jpg

This is something that confuses me. Did this event change (as I recall it would give +1 stability/50 admin in 1.21), or does this have to do with the fact that I'm a horde? Or is it religion-based? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the information!

20170806185914_1.jpg

SUPER annoying AI, why won't you just die?! :mad:

20170806190152_1.jpg

We rolled a new general, and he, too, can siege like the wind! And apparently, horse god is telling us to invest in horse mounted artillery!

20170806190158_1.jpg

And, we put our new general to the test by having him lead the charge against Delhi. No need to bring a significant force to this war, we got a cannoneer on our side!

20170806190222_1.jpg

Like I said, we got a cannoneer on our side :cool:

20170806190538_1.jpg

OK, Cachar! I'm only gonna say this once. GET THE HELL OUTTA MY LAND!

20170806190546_1.jpg

They better listen, it's for their own good.

20170806190607_1.jpg

Bye bye Delhi, your capital is in good hands. You DID get the fire insurance, right? ;)

20170806190636_1.jpg

Cachar didn't listen. Cachar paid the price.

20170806190715_1.jpg

I'm surprised that Hsenwi DECIDED to attack us in farmlands. I guess they're pining for us to end their suffering.

20170806190726_1.jpg

Wiped clean from this world.

20170806190817_1.jpg

And now Lan Na decides they want to try their hand at assisted suicide. Too bad they chickened out at the last minute. :(

20170806191533_1.jpg

First, we take all that we can from Lan Na. Seeing how we don't pay a single point of diplo, I can only assume that they were guaranteeing Cachar, and were then considered to be the primary target? I dunno, this game can be REALLY inconsistent with its rules. :confused:

20170806191728_1.jpg

Next is Hsenwi. We take all but one province from them, and as much money we can. And, as you can see, no one really cares. Well, no one that isn't scared to death of us :p

20170806191800_1.jpg

Ok, we DID use a bit of an exploit right here. We already peaced out with Hsenwi, but thanks to careful timing, we're able to ask Cachar for the one province we couldn't take, in addition to everything else they have. I don't consider this to be a terrible exploit, since we still pay for it in diplo points and extra AE, but I'm not making a habit of using this.

Just being up front with you all about that.

20170806192138_1.jpg

Thanks to Arakan not looking outside their windows, they don't even notice that all their neigh-bors have disappeared. So they have no AE with us, huzzah!

20170806192610_1.jpg

Ottoman Pirate Coast? :confused:

Well, looks like we're going to need to delve into Arabia as soon as the Turks don't care about the land there. If we can cut them off from Arabia and Egypt, then we'll be able to keep them from getting too strong.

20170806193503_1.jpg

And now, we end this chapter with threatening Baluchistan for their only fort. Kalat is probably the best location for a fort in the entire game, since it is in mountains and has 9 provinces adjacent to it. So getting that is a real headache avoider.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Last edited: