• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
God, you got hammered by the US...that sucks...but let us hope that as time goes on...perhaps you can gain a little back during their time of troubles during the Civil War...perhaps taking Texas back from the South...and perhaps nipping a little more from the US while they are dealing with Lee in the east...

Amric - Hammered is an understatement! I am hoping toget some manpower from Korea to take it back tothem when the time comes

Z- yes, lot's worse - butnot too bad :rolleyes:

Anibal - I'm trying

Time: 7:02
Beers: 15 1/2
State: What was I thinking??
Music: Never Mind the bollocks here's hte Sex Pistols
Game Time: June 1851

I suck atwar apparently!!

I Stared the session having tot retreat from Taebaeck

I re-entered the aliiance with UK

Then I got a defecting scientist that gave me High and Low Pressure Steam engine

Then Igot surrounded inKorea andlostmy army again!!

Not to worry- another 40,000are ont uhte way.

My peace treaqty ended with the US

I also aceepted theUS-Mexican border since ididn;t want ot fight again.

Right now,I have taken the idsland of Cheju and Kwanju on the mainland and have another 20,000on the way to help.

I guess I need to get better atwarfare in1,03. Ugh!!@

And now we see the repercussions of my poor mistake. In reality, it was not that I don't know how to fight a war. Insufficient troop numbers and a poor invasion strategy cost me this war. Had I a chance to do it over, I would choose to utilize more troops at the outset and use a multi-landing force in the north, thus pushing them down the peninsula. Simply poor planning due to being too drunk I suspect. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Last edited:
What are you saying Anibal?

Time: 7:44pm
Beers: Just started #18
State: "We're streaking!!!" -you need to see Old School
Music: Journeyman by Eric Clapton
Game Time: Spt 1852

Tobacco burns - that's a drink

I put more craftsmen inthe lumber yard

60,000 more troops in Korea

I get another Gold rush

Andthen some fish strock are ruined

Of Course,right afertr, Iahev toretreat!

I claimed Upper Cameroon- but I have no more leadership since all of my ofiicers have left

I started research on positivism

Thepartisans are killing me!

Got another gold rush

I amcurrently sending another 20,00 toi Koreaa - this thing does not seem towanyt toend!

Still suffering in Asia, but I recall having a slight second wind here. Alas, it was not to last.

Last edited:
Great, you are still going on!
You have my full support, man, teach that little asians a lesson!

// to include my own miniAAR, I mobilized my friend, then togehter we DOWed one local pub, each of us won 4 battles against beers (0,5 litres glasses of course), but then our BB rating grew too much so we got badboy war from bartender (or maybe they just closed the pub, who cares? :rofl: ), so we had to withdraw... //

Wolfhound-as the used tosay in my college days "you don't to go home, but you can't stay here"

Time: 8:23pm
Beers: middle of16th
State: BorisYeltsin's liver
Music; Abbey Road byThe Beatles
Game Time: Jan 1854

Staretd badlt with wine stovk spoilt -drink!

iHAVE HADHAD QUITE abatlle withKorea - retreated severaltimes

Newspaper tried to attack me! - drank justtodeal

California id dsrtill revoilting!

I now have control ofSouth Korea, andamtryin toi make a landing in the north again!!

It's still not going well!! I apparently suc at war - Idopn't remenmber oitbeoing sohard before. Hmmm.

And now the drink has taken full effect. I believe that says wine stock spoiled. I had to drink to deal with the newspaper attack. California is still revolting. And things seem to be going my way slightly better in Korea. The war took far longer than I had planned, but as we now know, there was not enough planning involved the begin with. :rolleyes:

And that phrase is - "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

Last edited:
Sucking at war only makes you drink more... and now you're slowly reaching Boris Yeltsin's drunken state. :D :D :D

And may I tell you that Abbey Road is the best Beatles' album in my most humble opinion? ;) Btw, you have such an incredible good musical taste, man!

coz1 said:
It's still not going well!! I apparently suc at war - Idopn't remenmber oitbeoing sohard before. Hmmm.

Maybe you see twice as much units than you currently have? :D

Well, anyway, I think you are still doing well and I wish you good luck... I am going to take some sleep. :eek:o

Best wishes! (incl. Sunday morning without hangover ;) )

Ey fella, I´ll be trying to follow ya along with this... good luck, damn the torpedoes, and full speed ahead!
I´ll be drinking water and such along, but heh, that´s a begining already , I guess.

And BTW, for war you should have some metal songs (or Rocky the champion soundtrack songs for that matter!).

Oh, by the way, you could annex Uruguai fer crying out loud! It´s a one-go annex, anyway

Time: 9:00pm
Beers:Middle of 20th
State: I would put a quote here, but I se two ofthem
Music: My Aim is True by Elvis Costello (and thank youAnibal - I like tothink Ihjabe and eclectec taste music)
GamneTime: Jan 1855

What should great me but ane election - bah! I canhandle iot.

Korea offers me their island, Cheju -and you know what - Itake fuck it.

Myu opium stick isruined, porbably from mesmoking oit. M.Shawpyle was right -0it'sillegal anwilbe my downfall.

I startresearch on Marketstructuere- that'sadrink ssicne I can buikfRR now.

UK asksmetogetinvolved with awar with REussia-sureIsay-I instantly transport mytroops toAlska

Sweden joins,andsodoes S/P

Uk keeps trying tosend ustropps-4 times in fact- Ikeep sending them back since If don't want to pay for them

I get marketrreg. argued - I gointerventionist - no upprclasds

Moniorityissues aerenext-0 Isayallhumanshave the4dsame rightds

Thern Iget anindustrialsector crash- m=yliqourdist.iskilled- ohjforshame!

Ibuoildasteel factory instead,hah! It'swhat I wanted anyway

Thelectiopnmoiswon by thePartido Cosnservadore. Mypeoplstillhave noidea whatisdgoimngopn./

I'm not sure Ido either. :D

Nextstep- take Alaska!

Iwilltry to respondtofeedbacklater - I'mndopinggood to write atthis poiunt-ugh!

Thaks for following alongthough!! Keepdrinkjing folks! Iam!

And now we can hardly read what I wrote. An election greets me. Bad timing. I make peace with Korea and opium will be my downfall. In reality, it was the drink. It's too bad the war with the US starts soon as I eventually do rather well in Alaska against the Russkies, but as you can plainly see in the next post, it doesn't quite happen like I would have liked.

Last edited:
Oh-and Anibal,youareright- myfavoriteband isThe Beatles- inorder, the go:

1. Abbey Road
2. Sergeant Peppars
3. Revolver
4. RubberSoul
5. The Beatles/Beatles for Sale (it's a tie)

Reactions:
Just stopped in to see how the game went, and was surprised that you are still going. I am impressed and would like to wish your liver the best during its recovery tomorrow.

I passed out a few hours back.....

yowere going kinda slow so I had to pass you (im at shot...uh....alot and beer...uh..i downed 2 12 backs and im somehwere into my 3rd)

Time: 9:50pm
Beers: Starting#22
State: have youseen Alien?Think John Hurt!
Music: Inner Revolution by Adrian Belew
GameTime: Feb 1856

UKtwicekeepstrying to give me their troops - biut Idon't wnttopayforthem

Ilost toRussia with aofrce twicetheir strength -Flkvuis, thatmean youdirnk justliek ihadto

M<y alliabvnce expired withUK- for sxome reason, Ixcould not re-up - gave them love instead

Alska isallmine

Made lovetopHondurtas - shewasnice too

Mystelfactorty iscomplted- that'sadrink

Tried tomakepeacewith Rusiia- nothing doing

andthen - th4 US DoW'sme-that's adonweddrink-thatmightkillme!

AsDaffy Duck idknownb to say- "Mother!"

This was just about the end. As I was doing well in Alaska, the British kept wanting me to pay for their troops. Really made me mad. I simply didn't need them. The US declaring war was the deathnell. And I cannot help but laughing along with the rest of you about drunken Mexicans trudging around in the snow, but the funniest part of this whole post is the clarity with which I quote Daffy Duck. Gotta love the Looney Tunes.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
coz1 said:
Time: 9:50pm
Beers: Starting#22
State: have youseen Alien?Think John Hurt!
Music: Inner Revolution by Adrian Belew
GameTime: Feb 1856

UKtwicekeepstrying to give me their troops - biut Idon't wnttopayforthem

Ilost toRussia with aofrce twicetheir strength -Flkvuis, thatmean youdirnk justliek ihadto

M<y alliabvnce expired withUK- for sxome reason, Ixcould not re-up - gave them love instead

Alska isallmine

Made lovetopHondurtas - shewasnice too

Mystelfactorty iscomplted- that'sadrink

Tried tomakepeacewith Rusiia- nothing doing

andthen - th4 US DoW'sme-that's adonweddrink-thatmightkillme!

AsDaffy Duck idknownb to say- "Mother!"

POTM!

(im on beer 29 now...with 3/4 of a bottle of Tequilla gone too....

whole bottle of tequilla gone now)

I think next one is the last update... well, you're really a bastard drunken man! :D You now, drink more, play more, write more, commit more typos even! :D

!!!

You'reallrifhght-Igotnotnihing

USis kicking myass!! Andthere aree29ofthem!! I thankyouallfor followijng aliong and I willtry tonmsake something ofthisdat aosme time whemnnIvxan. UGhj!hhhhhhhhhsssssssssskkkkkkkkkkhjnnsu

I believe that says:

You are all right - I got nothing.

US is kicking my ass!! And there are 29 of them!! I thank you all for following along and I will try to make something of this at some time when I can. Ugh!

That last part was a sign of my utter despair due to loss of everything to the US. It really was devestating. Had I done better in the war, I might have found the strength and courage to continue for a while, but given that all hope was lost, I was simply too drunk to find an exit strategy that would suffice. And as my next post says, at least I made it through the full 12 hours. That's at least one goal met, right?

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions: